What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! Went out after work last night and shot a 38/37 for a new 18 hole PB of 75 (+3)! 3 birdies, 6 bogeys and finally no doubles. Best part is that I really didn't hit the ball all that well. Hit 7 FIR and 11 GIR but fought a toe hook off the tee and was spraying my irons. The three birdies were the best chances by far. Most birdie putts were in the 30+ range with a couple of monsters that ended up in three 3-putts. Short game and putting is really coming around and saved me quite a few times. Just a good grinder of a round.

Finally! Went out after work last night and shot a 38/37 for a new 18 hole PB of 75 (+3)! 3 birdies, 6 bogeys and finally no doubles. Best part is that I really didn't hit the ball all that well. Hit 7 FIR and 11 GIR but fought a toe hook off the tee and was spraying my irons. The three birdies were the best chances by far. Most birdie putts were in the 30+ range with a couple of monsters that ended up in three 3-putts. Short game and putting is really coming around and saved me quite a few times. Just a good grinder of a round.

Congrats on PB!

I shot 48 on the front which is awful but I actually turned it around nicely after going triple, triple to start!!!! Hoping to pick it up on the back

Went 42/45 for a 87 today. No three putts was a positive, though there should have been more one putts. They were coming up short.

78 this morning with my dad and brother. 37-41.

Incredibly disappointing finish. Had a couple bad breaks here and there and some bad swings, and I ended with two doubles on the last five holes. Actually struck the ball better on the back than the front, just had a couple shots end up in some really bad places.

In general, irons were good. Driving was okay. Had a little more turn than I wanted off the tee. Short game was pretty decent. Putting was solid despite punched and sanded greens. A lot of "hit and hope" putts out there.

Ill hit the range this afternoon after a Shandy or two. Glad to have another shot at the course in the morning.

46/41 for a PR 87 at Harkers Hollow. This was an old course which wasn't but was definitely way better 30 years ago. First time under 90 on a full length course. Putting was the difference. Instead of 42 I only had 34. Alot of that was chipping close alot was better aim. The triangulator works. The greens really were bad one ultra slow, one fast or I could have had 31 or 32. Not a lot of break. Also of note are my irons. Since I saw my new pro I have added around 20 yards to my irons with much more consistency. Shot of the day was a 4 iron on a 200 yard par 3 that hit the center of the green for a 2 putt par. Played the four par 3s at +1 which is definitely a record.

Shot 60 in a scramble. I believe we have won but its for charity

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

6500 Yd. Newman Golf Course
Peoria, Illinois

41/39 = 80

6 fairways
5 GIR
5 Scrambling Pars
2 Birdies

45/44 for another 89. Had 6 pars and 33 putts. Should have been lower but had a couple of blow up holes again. Short irons were on point today but I struggled off the tee with my driver. Got frustrated and started using my XHot 3 hybrid instead just to get the ball out in the fairway. Game is definitely heading in the right direction compared to where I was when I started back playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37/38 for a 75. It wasnt pretty. Scrambled alot and my short game was on point today. 31 putts. 9/14 FIR.

37/38 for a 75. It wasnt pretty. Scrambled alot and my short game was on point today. 31 putts. 9/14 FIR.

I've never heard of an ugly 75. You are killing it buddy. It doesn't seem like very long ago you were struggling to break 100

I've never heard of an ugly 75. You are killing it buddy. It doesn't seem like very long ago you were struggling to break 100

I should have video'd my round. Haha. Alot of recovery shots. I was lights out from 130-in.

Damn dude... work is paying off for you! Great round bud! Your going to be breaking some hearts at the #THPMC

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

+1 on a sad little short course because it was a dollar more than a bucket of balls. Ball striking was nice, hitting 7/9 greens. Putting on the greens though was a joke. Hit, hope it bounces back online eventually.

Nice bro. That's some playing.

WEnt 46/46 for a 92 today. Played a course hour half away that I have never played it and really enjoyed it. Greens were in great shape and fairways were just mowed and looked like they let it grow to long with the excess cut grass. Today's issues were missed some key putts and hooked some balls. Going ob on #7 with the driver really hurt because next alternate ball went way right, but I was safe. Felt pretty good with the irons today and gotta say my wedges saved me today.

swan.jpg

WEnt 46/46 for a 92 today. Played a course hour half away that I have never played it and really enjoyed it. Greens were in great shape and fairways were just mowed and looked like they let it grow to long with the excess cut grass. Today's issues were missed some key putts and hooked some balls. Going ob on #7 with the driver really hurt because next alternate ball went way right, but I was safe. Felt pretty good with the irons today and gotta say my wedges saved me today.

swan.jpg

Keeping plugging away my man!! You're making great strides this year.

Nice playing Dev! Good to see the scores from everyone getting lower and lower.

swan.jpg

Good round Andy. Proud of you for getting out there and playing different courses and challenging yourself. Just keep working and those numbers will keep coming down.

Thanks Big Time. Pretty happy today after my bad round the other day. I am just loving my 588RTX CB wedge, and it saved me a bunch today. If I can just get these putts to drop ill start seeing some 80's. Got a practice Monday and really looking forward to that.
Keeping plugging away my man!! You're making great strides this year.

Nice playing Dev! Good to see the scores from everyone getting lower and lower.

Thanks Ricky!! Me and my friend bought a pass that the news was doing. 11 area courses for $75 which is a good deal. Ill keep at it and keep my fingers crossed ill get where you are man.
Good round Andy. Proud of you for getting out there and playing different courses and challenging yourself. Just keep working and those numbers will keep coming down.

Shot 77 today (41/36 on a par71). Three doubles, 6 bogeys... Two birdies and an eagle.

I wasn't in the game for a few holes as I knew one of my friends was burying his daughter at that moment (very very small group of people where invited). That's where I shot two doubles and two bogeys. The eagle was an unexpected chip in from ±12m after a great tee-shot and missing the approach left.

0.6 points down in handicap, I want to drop below 9 and am on my way :) (10.6 now)

Last edited:
So... I got up this morning with attitude, and I figured to take full advantage. Put on my THP Polo, my THP Hat, pulled my Scotty Cameron putter from my bag and put my SeeMore in it's place. I was good to go. Told the guys in my foursome to stand back and watch. LOL. I did have attitude.

The result was a 78 which could easily have been better, having 3 putted twice, on greens I reached in regulation. On the up side I had a total of 31 putts, including Five 1 putts and I had a hole out on a Par 5 from 92 yards for a birdie 4. The SeeMore was locking in on the hole.

Was fun to follow along Ricky! Congrats on a stellar round buddy.

JM

Not a well played round today at all. 48/48 96. But I did a have a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back