Secret Grips - Reg and Jumbo Putter Grips - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for review, a continuation of the Secret Grips putter grip lineup in regular pistol size and jumbo as well.

As with the rest of the Secret Grip lineup, backweighting is the name of the game, added weight in the butt of the club is intended to move the balance point of the overall setup up the shaft closer to the hands allowing for more stability throughout the stroke.

From the Company:

The increased weight of the Secret Grip engages your larger muscles providing more stability and control.

• Provides more stability without anchoring
  • Quiet your hands
  • Gives you better distance control
  • Promotes a smooth pendulum stroke
Secret Putter Grip - Standard

• 100 gram total weight
  • Tungsten weight cap
  • Available in black/green
  • $19.99
Secret Putter Grip - Jumbo

• 165 gram total weight
  • Tungsten weight cap
  • Available in black/green
  • $24.99

In-Hand Images:
DSC_0326-L.jpg

DSC_0328-L.jpg

DSC_0329-L.jpg

DSC_0330-L.jpg

DSC_0331-L.jpg

DSC_0333-L.jpg

DSC_0324-L.jpg

DSC_0334-L.jpg

DSC_0335-L.jpg

DSC_0337-L.jpg

DSC_0336-L.jpg

DSC_0338-L.jpg

DSC_0340-L.jpg

DSC_0341-L.jpg

DSC_0342-L.jpg

As always, if you have ANY questions please feel free to post them up here!

Interesting grip. THose colors should excite a few here too!

• Staff
Good colors for sure, hahaha

I've backweighted my putters for a long time now, so these should be interesting, not exactly sure what heads they are going on just yet though, need to decide tonight.

Colors = Awesome. Would like to try the regular Piston on my Seemore. Hmmmm?

JM

• Staff
Liking the colors.
Could use me.some help with quieting the hands, noticed some instability on my putting a little bit tonight.

I really like the colors, but I wasn't a fan of the grip when I tried it last year. I am interested to know how they work for you.

Be the ball!!

The jumbo likes like a good size. After testing the regular grips, I can totally see how the putter ones would be a huge advantage.

Got along well with the Secret Grip on my driver. Interested to see what you think of the Jumbo putter grip.

Jman, is the texture of the "green" section different from the black front?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jman, is the texture of the "green" section different from the black front?

A bit, thanks to the perforation its got a little different feel, not tons though....if that makes any sense at all. Hahaha

A bit, thanks to the perforation its got a little different feel, not tons though....if that makes any sense at all. Hahaha

Purely from a picture...but I'd think it'd be a bit softer in the fingers (green). The back weight sounds good to me as I enjoy a counter balanced putter. I'm interested to here your thoughts compared to your normal back weighting.

Those look sharp. I'm going to have to try one of these sometime. Been thinking about backweighting the putter for a while.

Wow, those are really heavy. I like the big grip, but never felt like I could feel the putter head when I used a heavier grip.

Colors = Awesome. Would like to try the regular Piston on my Seemore. Hmmmm?

JM

My thoughts exactly, dude. It would look great on a Seemore.

Like the others, really enjoy the colors they've chosen. Reading a bit on this, they're saying this will counterbalance even a traditional putter? I get a heavy grip with a heavy head, but a heavy grip with a lite head seems like it would make the weight of the head get lost. Are you going to put this on a heavy head or a traditional head?

So I have had one on one of my putters for a while. I really like the putter grip

Good colors for sure, hahaha

I've backweighted my putters for a long time now, so these should be interesting, not exactly sure what heads they are going on just yet though, need to decide tonight.

This right here. As soon as I saw them I was excited. Wonder how big the jumbo compares to the SS 2.0. Also I am a little worried about the weight. 165g in the jumbo is quite hefty.

This right here. As soon as I saw them I was excited. Wonder how big the jumbo compares to the SS 2.0. Also I am a little worried about the weight. 165g in the jumbo is quite hefty.

I will grab you some pic's tonight to compare. Also, the Jumbo is going on THAT putter anyhow :alien:

The regular is going on the Edel I reviewed not too long ago as well.

Should have some thoughts tomorrow or monday.

I will grab you some pic's tonight to compare. Also, the Jumbo is going on THAT putter anyhow :alien:

The regular is going on the Edel I reviewed not too long ago as well.

Should have some thoughts tomorrow or monday.

Perfect! should be easy to get some good comparisons then. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Looks interesting might have to give one of these a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counter weighting made simple and looks great!

Looking forward to the thoughts!

I've been interested in their offerings for a while now. Unfortunately, they don't make ribbed grips for clubs that I've seen. Very keen on seeing the writeup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of this grip before but the colours are cool.

Didn't see it mentioned here yet, but there is a mid-size version available as well...it's a little bit lighter and might fit and feel better than the jumbo to some.

Definitely a fan of the product. But the spirit of full disclosure, while I don't currently play the SG on my putter, I do have an equivalent weighting scheme going with a combination of lead tape, tungsten powder, and a GP Tour Classic grip on my TP Mills. That was all cobbled together before Boccieri came out with the SG for putters. Love my current setup, but if I need to regrip at some time in the future, I'll certainly consider the SG for simplicity sake.

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp?pn=BG0002

Back