Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Glad to hear the shaft change is working well for you Trevor.

Yeah little longer shaft and more up right plus a grip size change has really helped.

Yeah little longer shaft and more up right plus a grip size change has really helped.

Looks like the fitting at Annika Academy did great things for you. I'm hoping for similar results when I go.

I need to go visit my bff in Winter Park so I have an excuse to go across town and go to the AA myself. Sounds like an amazing experience.

After a successful first range session, first round with these babies in play tomorrow morning. Sooo excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first 2 range sessions with these were not quite amaizng. Not like I was hitting in the store. Usally it is the other way around. Well today I made great swings and it showed. Some real rockets,was able to hit very high and a mid and a stinger pretty easily. Direction was spot on,with a few mishit which were not punished too harshly.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Heading to the course for the maiden voyage of my apex irons. Pretty dang excited about it!

Look forward to reading your thoughts buddy.

Heading to the course for the maiden voyage of my apex irons. Pretty dang excited about it!

Hit em good and enjoy

Hahahaha I knew you wouldn't wait after that 5 iron. Enjoy buddy

I got a chance to hit the standard Apex model with Recoil and was duly impressed. These are on my radar in that combo.

I hit the Apex pretty well today, distances are on par with my XHP's but I can swing easier and more smoothly with the KBS shafts and I am not nearly as tired as I usually am after a round of golf. The added confidence standing over the ball is great, it feels like I cant miss (but I did). When I put a decent swing on the ball the results were there, I put a few bad swings on the ball and there is no way any club could make up for those so I didn't hit a ton of greens but I was trying to guide the ball a lot today rather than just swing the club so I had a few pushes with my irons that were really unacceptable but solely the indian and not the arrow. The clubs feel spectacular when struck well.

Looking forward to getting back out to hit these real soon.

Inaugural round with these today. The round itself was not great, but not because of the irons, surprisingly. In fact, while I had some mishits of course, I had more good shots than not. The par 3's at this course, for example...I used my 5i, 7i, 8i, and PW. I stuck all four on the green, something I never usually do.

I love the feel of these...a pure strike just feels so amazing. The interaction on the turf is great, too.

My biggest issue now is getting used to the yardage differences...on hole 18 for example... I had 155 in. Now at the range, I was hitting my 8i close to that. But, what did I do? Grab my 7i instead....flighted the pin 10+ yards....thankfully it stuck on the green, but the 8i would've been perfect. I suppose its a good problem to have, but it will take a few range sessions to get used to my typical distances with these.

Also, the project x flighted is great for me! The ball just launches and dispersion was fantastic too.

I could not be more thrilled with these irons. More forgiveness than my cast JPX in a forged package and nice clean lines and "players look" at address? So awesome.

Callaway hit a home run with these.

I've been looking into these irons for a while. Just not sure right now if it's Apex or Apex Pro for me. Looks like I have some homework to do

I've been looking into these irons for a while. Just not sure right now if it's Apex or Apex Pro for me. Looks like I have some homework to do

While I cannot tell you what you should or shouldn't do, but the Apex are perfect. ATL75@Clive went Apex and I think he is loving that choice.

While I cannot tell you what you should or shouldn't do, but the Apex are perfect. ATL75@Clive went Apex and I think he is loving that choice.

I think I like the look of the Apex over the Apex Pro too. Time to stalk the bay and bug 441 to hit his all the time

I think I like the look of the Apex over the Apex Pro too. Time to stalk the bay and bug 441 to hit his all the time

Look at Callaway Pre-owned as well. Don't sleep on the like new options and even very good. Decent amount of shaft options as well.

Look at Callaway Pre-owned as well. Don't sleep on the like new options and even very good. Decent amount of shaft options as well.

They take Paypal?

I don't think so, but only one way to find out ;)

I have a set of these on the way, super excited to give them a try. Probably won't be able to use them for a week, but I'll post thoughts after I put em through the paces.

So while I still really like my Speedblades the TaylorMade CB's weren't quite what I was looking for in my scoring irons. Pulled the trigger today on the 8-AW. Going to have a very unique combo bag of Speedblades 5-7 and Apex's 8-AW but I'm real excited! The reviews on these have been great and they were neck and neck with the Speedblades when I did a bunch of demoing a few months ago. Going to put the Steelfiber i95's in these. Will definitely post pics when they come in and I get the i95's in them.

I have a set of these on the way, super excited to give them a try. Probably won't be able to use them for a week, but I'll post thoughts after I put em through the paces.

So while I still really like my Speedblades the TaylorMade CB's weren't quite what I was looking for in my scoring irons. Pulled the trigger today on the 8-AW. Going to have a very unique combo bag of Speedblades 5-7 and Apex's 8-AW but I'm real excited! The reviews on these have been great and they were neck and neck with the Speedblades when I did a bunch of demoing a few months ago. Going to put the Steelfiber i95's in these. Will definitely post pics when they come in and I get the i95's in them.

Looking forward to both of your thoughts.

Yikes. Callaway preowned has 30% off $300 or more purchase. Puts Apex in my bag at around $600. So hard not to bite right now

I bet you get lots of sideways looks at the course. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. What kept you from ordering 8-aw speedblades.

Yikes. Callaway preowned has 30% off $300 or more purchase. Puts Apex in my bag at around $600. So hard not to bite right now

Just looked at it and Apex irons are excluded (along with other hot items)

Back