What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played The Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club today.
Shot 74 playing from the White Tees
37 Front with 2 Bogies-1 Birdie-6 Pars
37 Back with 2 Bogies-1 Birdie-6 Pars
Burned a lot of edges. Oh what could have been, but with the entire course having been Aerated (punched) Monday through Wednesday, and rain off and on during our round, I was happy with the score.

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

Played Golf Channel Am Tour at Walden on Lake Conroe yesterday, shot a 49/45 94. 4th in my flight and 2 skins. Played there earlier this week and shot 86. But the thing I just don't understand is I've played now 6 tournaments on Golf Channel Tour scores have been 107, 97, 104, 109, 89 and 94. At the same time I've played 6 tournaments for Houston Amateur Golf Association and my highest scores have been 89, 93, 90, 91, 84 and 81. How is it when some of the courses are the same that I play one series very well and the other just plain horrible. Golf channel my best is a 4th, yet Houston Amatuer my last 2 for them have been a win and a 2nd place finish.

Played The Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club today.
Shot 74 playing from the White Tees
37 Front with 2 Bogies-1 Birdie-6 Pars
37 Back with 2 Bogies-1 Birdie-6 Pars
Burned a lot of edges. Oh what could have been, but with the entire course having been Aerated (punched) Monday through Wednesday, and rain off and on during our round, I was happy with the score.

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

nice round Johnny, played it last Sunday for Houston Amatuer from the blue tees went 44/37 81 net 66 for 2nd in my flight we need to hook it up again soon

Played Golf Channel Am Tour at Walden on Lake Conroe yesterday, shot a 49/45 94. 4th in my flight and 2 skins. Played there earlier this week and shot 86. But the thing I just don't understand is I've played now 6 tournaments on Golf Channel Tour scores have been 107, 97, 104, 109, 89 and 94. At the same time I've played 6 tournaments for Houston Amateur Golf Association and my highest scores have been 89, 93, 90, 91, 84 and 81. How is it when some of the courses are the same that I play one series very well and the other just plain horrible. Golf channel my best is a 4th, yet Houston Amatuer my last 2 for them have been a win and a 2nd place finish.

Glad to see you are doing well in your Tourney Play. Let me know if you can play either Tuesday or Friday afternoon as it is always a pleasure to play with a fellow THPer.
We will be playing our usual group and the usual game. You are always welcome to join us!

Riverdale Dunes Golf (Par 72: 73.2/133) 42-37 = 79 with a double and triple bogey. Only hit 2 fairways on the front but got it going on the back with 6/7 FWs and 3 birdies. Still a lot of work to do but trending in the right direction.

Glad to see you are doing well in your Tourney Play. Let me know if you can play either Tuesday or Friday afternoon as it is always a pleasure to play with a fellow THPer.
We will be playing our usual group and the usual game. You are always welcome to join us!

I'll take you up on it, Friday for sure this week, may be able to Tuesday have to double check with the wife tomorrow

Played a course that I have been playing a lot lately. Previously I had shot a career low 75 about 6 weeks ago but today, my putting, driving, and wedge control all came together and I shot a 73(39-34)! Admiral Baker South. 30 putts, 6/15 Fwys and 12/18 GIRs. What a great day golf wise.

Last edited:
Got 90 today. Happy with that for me. I have been in the 80's a few times this year but it was one of those days that was just good golf. 8 pars, it's just for a few blow out holes that wrecked the score card.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I play on the Am Tour in both the Tampa/ Sarasota and the Orlando tours and I have the same problem. Sometimes my scores skyrocket on courses that I've played and feel comfortable on, yet on courses that I have never seen I have put down my best numbers. Part of me thinks my issue is mental - I focus more when I haven't seen the course before and on courses that I've played multiple times I kind of glide thru the round. Who knows...

I played at Tampa Bay G&CC on Saturday afternoon and shot a smooth 79. I was pretty happy with that score - it's the best round that I've ever put in at TBG&CC. It's a tough course, even though it's only 6200 yards because there is water on 17 of 18 holes and it comes into play on all 17 of those holes. A lot of times, you have to sacrifice yardage off the tee and hit a long iron, and leave yourself a mid or long iron into the greens, which were all pretty firm and fast. Great fun though, and I only lost one ball! :bashful:

Played a course that I have been playing a lot lately. Previously I had shot a career low 75 about 6 weeks ago but today, my putting, driving, and wedge control all came together and I shot a 73(39-34)! Admiral Baker South. 30 putts, 6/15 Fwys and 12/18 GIRs. What a great day golf wise.

Congrats on the great round!

Started with a triple on a short par 5. Wasn't trying to hit the green in two, but trying to clear a marshy hazard about 40 yards in front of the green and pushed a 5i to the longest carry and didn't make it so I had a drop right out of the chute. Settled in after a double on 3 and shot 47/42, which is about my average HCP diff for this course. Was striking it really well most of the day. Got greedy on short par 4 18th and pulled a driver and had to punch out, then flew my LW to the back of a long green and three putted for double. Lot of good golf in between though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Round!

Played yesterday and posted another 78 (39-39). Lots of "ugh" in that round.

I think I only hit two fairways. I definitely have a hitch in my driver swing right now, and the ultimate result is that my wrist is cupped at the top, causing a nasty, weak hook. Lots of left, lots of trees, but not much short grass. Driving will be my focus at the range this week. I need to get that ironed out.

The greens were still recovering from being aerated earlier in the week, and putting was again pretty difficult. I think I made two putts all day over three feet long. Just too much beach sand and rocks spread on the greens to get anything consistent. Lots of "hit and hope" putting.

Iron play was solid. I was pretty happy with how everything was working. It wasn't perfect, but I hit a lot of nice iron shots, some of them from pretty rough lies.

I know that I can put some better scores out there. This weekend wasn't terrible, but I have a lot of things to work on, especially off the tee.

I played both True Blue and Caledonia yesterday and man what a day it was.

True Blue was really nice, I couldn't get used to the green speeds but still found marginal success with 32 putts 11 of 13 fairways and 14 of 18 greens for a 74

Caledonia was a strange round. We played the back first and I only hit 2 fairways and 2 greens, the dreaded double cross came in to play when I relaxed my grip a little too much but still managed a 38 with 13 putts, the SeeMore One CS was in top form. The front 9 was everything I changed my swing for, I hit all 6 fairways, 8 of 9 greens with 18 putts for a score of 35, the total was a smooth 73 without having a game between 100 and 130 yds. I'll work on those distances from here on out.

Over all I'm really happy about the dividends of my range work this year.

Impressive Marc, keep up the hard work!

Look at you Marc, thought you were in a slump. Good to see it's gone

Played in a 36 hole tournament this weekend. Fired an 83 on Saturday and then followed that up with a clunker of a 92 on Sunday. The funny thing is, if you would have watched me play you would have said that my ball striking was much better on Sunday compared to Saturday. My putting (and short game) was atrocious Sunday. Got off the tee very well, just couldn't get the ball in the hole. I felt both days could have been in the 70's. Disappointing, but nice to have another tournament under my belt. Time to get better, that's all you can do.

True Blue was really nice, I couldn't get used to the green speeds but still found marginal success with 32 putts 11 of 13 fairways and 14 of 18 greens for a 74

Caledonia was a strange round. We played the back first and I only hit 2 fairways and 2 greens, the dreaded double cross came in to play when I relaxed my grip a little too much but still managed a 38 with 13 putts, the SeeMore One CS was in top form. The front 9 was everything I changed my swing for, I hit all 6 fairways, 8 of 9 greens with 18 putts for a score of 35, the total was a smooth 73 without having a game between 100 and 130 yds. I'll work on those distances from here on out.

Great rounds Marc!

Played 18 late this afternoon. Shot -1 71. Could have been so much better, but happy to see my game coming together. Feel like I'm close to getting my game where I want it to be. Had 6 birdies, 3 bogeys, and a double. On the double, I made the mistake of hitting driver off the tee when it wasn't necessary, knew that it probably wasn't the right club and hit it OOB, which lead to a double. The other bogeys just shouldn't have been made, as they were the results of poor approach shots.

36/33 at Canton Golf Club for 69 and -2. Really loving the fact I am starting to get more out of my rounds when I don't have my best stuff it seems and Im making the most of opportunities. Hit 14 of 18 greens and 11/13 fairways. 27 putts.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Man talk about some rounds. #force2breckonedwith

Played with Mikeg and Jank yesterday at The Traditions Course @ Cypresswood Golf Course.....to say it was ugly golf would be an insult to ugly golf...I just couldn't find a groove with my swing and it seemed like I was just slapping at balls with my irons.

Had several holes where I hit a perfect drive, dead in the middle of the fairway with a mid iron in my hand and still made double....way too many big numbers for the day!

48/46= 94

It was GREAT COMPANY....but bad golf.

Played with Mikeg and Jank yesterday at The Traditions Course @ Cypresswood Golf Course.....to say it was ugly golf would be an insult to ugly golf...I just couldn't find a groove with my swing and it seemed like I was just slapping at balls with my irons.

Had several holes where I hit a perfect drive, dead in the middle of the fairway with a mid iron in my hand and still made double....way too many big numbers for the day!

48/46= 94

It was GREAT COMPANY....but bad golf.

You are a little too hard on yourself. As bad as you think some of the iron shots were, you are not far off. You mentioned tempo to me on a driver swing and that helped. I noticed you were just "popping up" instead of staying down on the ball.

A little practice and you will be ok. As always had a blast & neither of us tore that course up :)

You are a little too hard on yourself. As bad as you think some of the iron shots were, you are not far off. You mentioned tempo to me on a driver swing and that helped. I noticed you were just "popping up" instead of staying down on the ball.

A little practice and you will be ok. As always had a blast & neither of us tore that course up :)

Thanks bro, I appreciate it...it's always a great time playing with you guys!

Played 18 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. Saturday was at Parkshore, 5400 yds slope 97. I shot an 89, for me this was good and I was happy with the round. Made 3 Pars. Shot at Plym park on Sunday, 3150 yds, don't know the slope. Shot a 51, my tee shots were horrible, I hit one fairway on a par 5, but sliced my second shot into the trees to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back