Callaway Mack Daddy 2 "Tour Grind" Wedges - THP Preview

Hmm... Tight lies all over the place down here. A little less "interference" could be a nice benefit! Love the feel of my MD2! Only forged wedge out there, I think... At least that's what Roger Cleveland mentioned to me in a tweet; don't know if that's true now though.

That's not at all true. Mizuno and Nike make a forged wedge. I believe Cleveland might make one as well.

That's not at all true. Mizuno and Nike make a forged wedge. I believe Cleveland might make one as well.

588 forged wedge is, indeed, forged.

I'll have these out tomorrow.

Lots of testing to be done.

Really interested in this review. Really like the looks and the color fill and the grip is actually to my liking. I think I will own a couple of these. 54 and 58

I like the looks of these a lot. The grooves look sharp and it will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Man that chrome is a very pretty wedge.

I'll have it with me this week for you to try if you want.

Absolutely! I'll definitely take you up on that one. Only have experience with the vokey's and J40 on the range so very minimal wedge experience. But would absolutely love to give it a whirl.

Absolutely! I'll definitely take you up on that one. Only have experience with the vokey's and J40 on the range so very minimal wedge experience. But would absolutely love to give it a whirl.

I'll have it with me this week for you to try if you want.

A whole bag of jellybeans!

Man do I love that grip. Can't wait to get these in the bag one day.

Man do I love that grip. Can't wait to get these in the bag one day.
I agree. I hope this and other offerings means Callaway is climbing aboard the color train.

No doubt about it, they look good. The bounce between this year and last seems to be drastically reduced.

I like the yellow accents on the head of the club, especially the darker finish (I prefer that finish out of the pics shown) but I am not a fan of the grips - not from the colour point of view, but the actual grip itself. If that is the stock grip, then it would be changed immediately before it even made it into my bag

Wedges are hopefully the one thing I can upgrade this year so I will be interested to see how they work for you

I love MD2 wedges in the bag but I am looking to add a 54 and bend my 52 to 50. Looking forward to hearing all about this wedge

Saw these in hand last month in Cali and just had a very clean and sleek look. Will be interesting to see if the lower bounce of these compared to the previous versions is noticable in testing.

I love the new look, that grip is sick!

Wow those are some beauts! Great pics too Jman. I love how they're now "R Design" instead of "Designed by Roger Cleveland".....haha!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts, I LOVE my MD2 wedges!

I like the yellow accents on the head of the club, especially the darker finish (I prefer that finish out of the pics shown) but I am not a fan of the grips - not from the colour point of view, but the actual grip itself. If that is the stock grip, then it would be changed immediately before it even made it into my bag

Wedges are hopefully the one thing I can upgrade this year so I will be interested to see how they work for you

Not an NDMC fan I take it? Hahaha

No doubt about it, they look good. The bounce between this year and last seems to be drastically reduced.

Def a credit to the tour grind, it's a hanged the shape a lot. It's interesting to compare the base shape and the tour grind, way more differences than I expected.

Wow those are some beauts! Great pics too Jman. I love how they're now "R Design" instead of "Designed by Roger Cleveland".....haha!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts, I LOVE my MD2 wedges!

I was waiting to see when someone would mention that hahahaha

Indeed, the removal of the designed by after that battle that went on, Definitely a clean look now IMO.

Those are sexy! I've got the first gen MD and love it, would consider them again for sure.

588 forged wedge is, indeed, forged.

I would hope so!!! :)

I had made a comment on Twitter/THP, after getting these from Callaway, that prior to the Grandaddy I had tested these at a demo day and that I didn't like the feel of the MD2 as they compared to my Pings. That was when the comment by Cleveland/Harry was made that they were the only forged wedge out there.

Obviously, a 588 forged is forged... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those pics look really nice James. That grip sure is bright.

Back