Lee Westwood - Major Winner?

Lee Westwood - Major Winner?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 81.8%

• Total voters
I actually don't think he will, but I said yes, because stranger things have happened and it's usually more him beating himself, when he let's it go I think he'll grab one.

The pressure seems to crack him when he has the putter in hand

No doubt. It's win or go home. I guess the not shining has it's place as he's not finishing the deal when he's suppose to. He's in the hunt and is playing well enough to be there on Sunday, maybe more than anyone right now. But so far something is missing, whether it's skill or in the head.

Obviously, there's a monumental difference between a top 5 or 10 finish and missing the cut altogether.

But winning is just a different animal, and I have rarely seen Westwood play to a level in a major where he was really in close contention.

But, again, he could catch lightning in a bottle.

I honestly don't know, but I was REAL close to picking him this week for my fantasy team. I just couldn't pull the trigger.

I think he'll break through eventually!

I think Lee's best chances at Majors are behind him. I don't see it happening.

I don't see it happening. It's a great driver and iron player but the guy's short game is terrible for a tour player. His putting isn't much better.

He's pretty much the modern Colin Mongomerie.

I do not think so ... he always looks like he is walking to a pub, and just playing golf along the way till he gets there ...

Unless he gets that flatstick problem fixed, I can't see Lee going out and winning a major. With as good as his ball striking is, he might back into one, though.

I don't see it happening. It's a great driver and iron player but the guy's short game is terrible for a tour player. His putting isn't much better.

He's pretty much the modern Colin Mongomerie.

That's a great comparison dude.

Monte Jr will never win a major. Doubt Poulter or Donald will either since you mentioned them, although I did pick Donald for fantasy golf this week hoping he can find a fairway this week.

Nope, he and Monty can console eachother.

I'm a Westy fan, but it isn't happening IMO.

I don't think Lee will ever get it done in the majors. I don't have any valid rationale for that, it's just my gut feeling.

Who knows, I still think he has the ability to show up and win one time like Darren Clark.

I would like to see him win a major. But, just playing the odds, I gotta say he will not win one.

He seems to be playing well and putting better. Maybe with Phil and TW out of the way, he can sneak one in.

I think he will get 1.ost likely a British Open but in the next 3-5 years I think he will break through

Back