2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Dustin Johnson - sleeper. Too bad I already made my pick.

I think he's got a good chance here. Fortunately, there will be a walking rules official with each group as there has been some confusion about what constitutes a bunker this week. :alien:

Finally Entered

Got my pick in. We'll see how it goes.

pick is in, no chance Im sure lol

I went with the 3 Callaway staffers, and added some bonus money as well.

Going all out for a Phil win. Chances at the paycheck, big money in Fantasy, and big money in the contest....

Got my pick in. You never know about these things, but, my three picks are capable of winning. Of course, many in the field are as well.

Bp4orj6CYAA13CS.jpg

Not to be Debbie Downer, but GC is making Pinehurst No. 2 look tons better than it does in person. Seems to be lots of color improvements in the shots. I walked the course on Monday and truthfully, from the edges of of the fairways where fans are allowed to stand - things looked crusty, dry, and not necessarily attractive. The par 3 ninth was probably the most attractive holes - standing from the tees. Its almost as if GC is adding color to green up the place because it definitely doesn't look green in broad daylight.

Good luck everybody

Not to be Debbie Downer, but GC is making Pinehurst No. 2 look tons better than it does in person. Seems to be lots of color improvements in the shots. I walked the course on Monday and truthfully, from the edges of of the fairways where fans are allowed to stand - things looked crusty, dry, and not necessarily attractive. The par 3 ninth was probably the most attractive holes - standing from the tees. Its almost as if GC is adding color to green up the place because it definitely doesn't look green in broad daylight.

when it comes to the edges being brown crusty & dry from what I have read that is exactly what the USGA wanted

Picks were sent in earlier, Along with my picture.

Going to be an interesting weekend!

Finally got my pick sent in. Did not want to miss this awesome contest.

My pick is in!

picks and pics are in!

I mean, like seriously, how effing awesome are these prizes!? Talk about a conversation piece! Pick(s) is(are) in, now to just sit back and watch my fantasy team and picks for countless contests fall apart.

2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

I mean, like seriously, how effing awesome are these prizes!? Talk about a conversation piece! Pick(s) is(are) in, now to just sit back and watch my fantasy team and picks for countless contests fall apart.

Very effing awesome. I told my fiancé about the bag and she was so excited. She thought about signing up and entering. But she knew that wasn't in the spirit of the site.

So she settled for taking the picture of me in the store.

Last edited:
This is so freaking sweet. I have my picks in and hoping to bring something home. Looking forward to the tournament nonetheless! Should be a good one.

I got my picks and my pic in. GG gets to look at my ugly mug. And I entered to win what Phil wins as well. And on top of that, I scheduled a full blown fitting for Saturday after my round for me, my oldest and a lesson for my youngest. Now let's go out and rock this thang!!
aqygagyd.jpg

The prizes make my picks even more nervous. What amazing offerings from Callaway for this great THP contest.

Back