Amazon Introduces Prime Music

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
We were talking about it in the bluetooth speaker thread, but thought perhaps it should have a thread of it's own. Below is the release found on Amazon's site.

Dear Customers,A little more than 3 years ago we launched Prime Instant Video, adding unlimited streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows to the existing Prime benefit of Free Two-Day Shipping. It has turned out to be one of the most important things we've done for Amazon Prime members. Today, we are doing it again for music — introducing Prime Music, the newest benefit of Prime membership.
jeff-letter-launch_v08._V350251381_.jpg
With Prime Music, you can listen ad-free to over a million songs and hundreds of expert-programmed Prime Playlists. Prime Music includes tens of thousands of albums from top artists like Daft Punk, P!nk, Bruno Mars, Blake Shelton, The Lumineers, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna. And we'll be adding more music all the time. Here's a list of popular artists in Prime Music.

In designing Prime Music, we wanted to remove the barriers between you and the music you love. We removed cost. You can listen to the entire Prime Music catalog for free — it's included in your Prime membership. We removed interruptions. Don't worry about having your music constantly disrupted by ads... you won't hear any. We removed listening restrictions. Choose exactly what song to listen to, repeat your favorite song over and over again, or download music to your phone or tablet to listen offline.

Finally, we removed one more barrier — deciding what to listen to. Just play any of the hundreds of Prime Playlists our music experts have created for you. Check out the Prime Playlists here.
Prime members in the US can start listening to Prime Music today at www.primemusic.com. Kindle Fire HD/HDX devices will get Prime Music in an automatic, over-the-air update. You can also download the latest Amazon Music app in the Android and iOS appstores. If you're not yet a Prime member, start a 30-day free trial today. We think you'll find the convenience of free two-day shipping combined with access to a huge selection of movies, TV, music and books to be an incredible value for just $99 a year.
start_listening_button._V350256484_.png
Happy listening (and watching, and reading, and shopping),

Jeff Bezos

Founder & CEO

• Staff
Thanks Dean. So if I have Amazon Prime right now this should be included already or will this be an "upgrade"?

Thanks Dean. So if I have Amazon Prime right now this should be included already or will this be an "upgrade"?

Already included. They are also I believe trying to use this to get people into prime.

Just downloaded the Amazon Music app for the Iphone. Will give it a nice test run on the course tomorrow.

Solid offering to the Prime membership. Going to mess around with it and see if it's enough to drop my Spotify account.

This is cool. My wife will prolly end up with a Kindle Fire at some point, this will be a neat added feature whenever that happens.

• Staff

Should be included.

• Staff
downloaded the Chili peppers playlist to the phone, turned off wifi/mobile data and everything works. I'm going to like this. Just like with the prime videos, the library is small compared to other options, but it will grow with time.

I'm sold.

Downloaded app on my phone and signed In successfully but then I get the below screen that will let me search for playlists or songs.. Very strange.

Cookie hit your little menu icon over there in the top left. What options do you see?

Amazon Introduces Prime Music

Cookie hit your little menu icon over there in the top left. What options do you see?

See photo below. I can choose the options that are white but all the others can't be selected. When I do select one of the white options it takes me back to that first picture I posted earlier.

su6ahety.jpg

downloaded the Chili peppers playlist to the phone, turned off wifi/mobile data and everything works. I'm going to like this. Just like with the prime videos, the library is small compared to other options, but it will grow with time.
winner winner

Already included. They are also I believe trying to use this to get people into prime.

Just downloaded the Amazon Music app for the Iphone. Will give it a nice test run on the course tomorrow.

No I will be trying it out on the course tomorrow!

Been playing around with it. Pretty good so far.

I didn't get that cookie. It came on and asked if I wanted to allow my phone to use cloud for the music and I clicked yes. After that everything I could access. Took me a minute to figure out the error code I was getting when I was searching for music in the wrong place.

See photo below. I can choose the options that are white but all the others can't be selected. When I do select one of the white options it takes me back to that first picture I posted earlier.

su6ahety.jpg

Is the Prime account under your name or your wives? My wife is the primary account holder for Prime. I can use my log-in info to buy stuff with Prime but for Instant Video and now Music, I need to log in as her. Not sure if thats the issue.

Is the Prime account under your name or your wives? My wife is the primary account holder for Prime. I can use my log-in info to buy stuff with Prime but for Instant Video and now Music, I need to log in as her. Not sure if thats the issue.

I went online and added songs to see if it would show up in the app which it did. Might be a good test to do online first if your having issues.

I went online and added songs to see if it would show up in the app which it did. Might be a good test to do online first if your having issues.

I logged in with her info and the app works fine. I am downloading the Gorillaz album right now for what reason, I dont know. Haha

It is under my name but I don't think I have set up the Amazon cloud yet. If they happen to use that for storage that could be the reason I can't search.

It is under my name but I don't think I have set up the Amazon cloud yet. If they happen to use that for storage that could be the reason I can't search.

I didn't set up any amazon cloud till the option came up on my phone too.

Thank you Amazon Prime! I've been waiting on subscribing or using a free service with ads. Between the occasional movie, monthly free Kindle Library read, shipping and now this, Prime is an even better value for me.

This is promising - I've been using Google Play Music All Access (terrible name!), but this might be "good enough" along with iTunes radio for far cheaper per year. Especially once they negotiate some more deals with the remaining record companies.

This is promising - I've been using Google Play Music All Access (terrible name!), but this might be "good enough" along with iTunes radio for far cheaper per year. Especially once they negotiate some more deals with the remaining record companies.

Yes - the selection is comparably limited, for now.

The same thing happened to me. I set up the cloud on the computer after googling amazon cloud and still had issues. Then I forcefully closed the app on my iPhone and reopened it to find it working fine.

The same thing happened to me. I set up the cloud on the computer after googling amazon cloud and still had issues. Then I forcefully closed the app on my iPhone and reopened it to find it working fine.

I relaunched and it was still a no go. I'll mess with cloud later from a PC.

Back