2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Man Phil cannot putt today
you can see the difference he started yesterday playing controlled shots and finished today lashing at the ball (of course Kaymer at -10 may have forced him to be more aggressive)

Kenny Perry with another birdie. I would love to see him charge up the leaderboard over the weekend

you can see the difference he started yesterday playing controlled shots and finished today lashing at the ball (of course Kaymer at -10 may have forced him to be more aggressive)
Yeah I'm amazed at how far he is missing and how many short ones he missed. I think you're right, Kaymer really has the heat on guys right now

Well, I am glad Phil made the cut - someone, somewhere, is gonna get a check. Hope it is me, but I have a better shot of getting hit by lightening.

What was the final determination on Kuch? Did he get that penalty assessed or not?

Chris Berman commentary is TERRIBLE!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jimenez double bogeys 8 (his 17th) and misses the cut

jimenez double bogeys 8 (his 17th) and misses the cut

Still 2 guys at +4 with 2 to go. Cut line can still move to 5 I believe.

Still 2 guys at +4 with 2 to go. Cut line can still move to 5 I believe.
he went to +6...but i do have 2 guys in Fantasy at +5 so that would be great

What was the final determination on Kuch? Did he get that penalty assessed or not?
It was weird watching him play both balls, then they say he'll figure it out after the round. Hope he signs his card right

It was weird watching him play both balls, then they say he'll figure it out after the round. Hope he signs his card right

It was strange to see. Of course they never mentioned the outcome

Lucky he didn't throw up a 63 today. He could have done that without much of a stretch.

The guy played great. I don't think it was that the course played easy. There are only about 20 players within 10 shots of him. It's kind of what I was saying earlier. Nobody else was shooting better than 67 let alone 65. Still not over, still the US Open, but you can't do anything but tip the cap to Kaymer for how he has played.

I agree 100%, he played those dream round that are dreamed of. He has his game working.

Jeez! Berman's reading of ESPN's closing was terrible and embarassing!

cut back to +5

Chris Berman commentary is TERRIBLE!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
And people are worried about Joe Buck, no way he is anywhere near as bad as Berman.

Completely off topic - Just found out that Kaymer lives in my buddy's building in Scottsdale. He saw Kaymer's golf bag at the valet a few weeks ago.

You mean like an apartement building?
Because I'm pretty sure that Martin bought a house. He posted a picture of his house and backyard a while back.

Man what Happened to gmac was hoping for him and a Bradley pairing and he shoots a 4 over

For any who think this one's over, remember Gil Morgan in 1992 at Pebble, racing out and lapping the field at -12, only to thud back to over par. Open courses (except Congressional) have a way of making those early leaders come back to the field... That said, it sure is fun watching a golfer clicking on all cylinders!

so conflicted, i want to see a battle out there this weekend, but i don't want to watch a train wreck to be able to see it

For any who think this one's over, remember Gil Morgan in 1992 at Pebble, racing out and lapping the field at -12, only to thud back to over par. Open courses (except Congressional) have a way of making those early leaders come back to the field... That said, it sure is fun watching a golfer clicking on all cylinders!

Pebble was playing wicked that day - almost impossible to play the course that day, if I recall. Winds were drying greens out - treacherous. Phil mentioned Dr Gil's collapse but said something bout Pinehurst No. 2 not playing to where someone would blow up like that.

Pebble was playing wicked that day - almost impossible to play the course that day, if I recall. Winds were drying greens out - treacherous. Phil mentioned Dr Gil's collapse but said something bout Pinehurst No. 2 not playing to where someone would blow up like that.

there is nothing that will penalize someone enough for a day like that at #2, OB is far away, no water, no rough... Kaymer will have to implode

Huge props to Kaymer for the way he is dismantling this U.S. Open golf course but I can't help but be disappointed that we may be in for no drama on the weekend. I know it's not Sunday yet but still...I just don't see Pinehurst playing to a level that could screw Kaymer over.

Back