Cost per round in your area? Your limits.

malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
Clearly, some areas have more affordable golf courses than others. What does it cost in your area and how much are you willing to pay?

Here in the Tacoma/Seattle area, we have a ton of Municipal Courses.... including next year's host to the US Open, Chambers Bay, and all are inexpensive, compared to some of the Semi-Private courses. Although some of those are also inexpensive compared to golf in some other areas.

With the exception of Chambers Bay, our municipals, here in Pierce County, all have afternoon specials at $25 that includes golf cart and lunch. All are also very well maintained. While the local non-muni course are also well maintained the cost per round almost doubles... averaging $45 without cart. Chambers Bay is the ultimate golfing experience in our area and Residents of Pierce County generally pay $79, with occasional $50 twilight deals. Non-residents pay upwards of $200.

Our military courses, one of which I will soon be doing a formal review, are also well designed and maintained and, on average cost $30 for non-members. My Home Course is $150 per year for unlimited golf. Cart is extra.

Like many areas, our courses also have varying prices for the time of day. With twilight prices being half that of regular and starting at 2pm, it is the best deal since this time of years it doesn't get dark until 8 to 9 pm.

Most all of the course's in my area are in the $25 to $40 range with a cart. I'll pay up to $100 at times but not often.

I can't get a round in my area under $70, weekends no less than $90. A bit further maybe $50. This is in southern Finland.

Most courses around me are under $50. Few very nice ones go over

most courses around here go for $50-60 with cart

It's around $50 to $70 here but you get mediocre at best for the dollars. I think by far Florida has the best bang for the buck I've ever seen, especially in the summer.

I hate paying more than $50 bucks for a round so I don't play much

Most all of the course's in my area are in the $25 to $40 range with a cart. I'll pay up to $100 at times but not often.
this is pretty much how it is in my area too.

Here in the seacoast Maine/New Hampshire area, peak time rates are $50-$60 to walk, $70-$80 with a cart. A couple courses are close to $100. If you don't mind playing after noon, you can get on for $40-60 with a cart just about anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good courses high 60s in the am upper 40s in pm

Most of my courses here go from $30-$50. The only triple digit price is the Bethpage Black, even for residents I am looking at around $120 on the weekend.

$50 to walk is the only option w/ in a hour or so for a course worth playing. There are cheaper options but the conditions are not great.

It varies greatly here. You can pay anywhere between 15-250 within an hour of me. Summer is much cheaper than winter. In winter it costs about 50-60 to play a decent course in the morning, maybe double that if you want to play a nicer course. Summer 25 will get you on a pretty good course, 45 maybe for a quality one.

In my area it varies from 40-100 with a cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without any discounts, the majority of courses in the area here are about $45 for 18 w/cart. With online deals or other coupons it is pretty easy to find deals about $30.

I usually play 9 at my home course after work just walking and that is $10.

$20 - $40 for the local courses here for 18 with a cart. The resort courses are more at around $75 - $99 depending on the day and time, they can be had for as low as $59 with specials.

The $20 course is North Shore GC outside Menominee MI. It's not the greatest course, but it's pretty darn good for the money. I play there most often because it's as nice as the other local courses for half the price. Plus I have never seen the place crowded.

Depends on the course most time 30-60 but for special course willing to pay what it takes

Anywhere from 13 bucks at twighlight to upwards of $300.00 and more on the Monterey Peninsula. Thank God as a sales rep I often get the "go ahead, nobody is looking" nod for a free round at some of the best tracks in the area.

Depends on the course, but decent tracks are $65-$80 on the weekend mornings. A little cheaper during the week & big drops once twilight/afternoon tee times hit. It really makes more sense to join a place if you play more than twice a month.

The courses around here run between 35-125 during the week and 50-150 on weekends and holidays. I have paid a very high premium to play elite courses during my travels. I did pre pay $250 for a round at Saucon Valley on the 23rd, including lunch and a cart. I typically play at courses near my store that comp us for letting them swap items in the store for them.

At my home course my family membership dues are $210.00 per month which includes cart fee and range balls.. When I go else where to play, I search for courses on GolfNow and limit my green fees to around fifty bucks or less.

Around here it averages 20-40 for your normal courses. The "nicer" courses are only around 35-40 with the exception of Victoria National which is a horse of a different color entirely.

The average here is from 50-80. Mostyl I find myself playing the higher priced ones as the others are either too short or in bad condition.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

In the summer, about $40 to $50 is average on a weekend to walk (which I typically do). Winter however, I can get on for like $20.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Most courses on the weekend are $50-$75 for 18 with a cart. Some of the surrounding small towns have much more affordable rates; place I'm playing tomorrow is on sale for $17.50 for 18 with a cart, normally $35.

Back