What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went 40-36 today. Course conditions could have been a lot better but I hit the ball really well and scrambled well enough to make up for the poor green conditions.

Todays round was an exercise in patience.
Shot 39 on the front with 5 pars - 2 birdies - 1 double bogey - 1 triple bogey (snowman on a par 5)
Shot 37 on the back with 4 pars - 2 birdies - 3 bogies
My total of 76 (4 over) boggles my mind, but proves that the fact that I am having a lot of "Senior Moments" lately (or Mad Cow Disease) causing my short term memory loss is a good thing since I have been trying to focus only on the "Shot at Hand" and only look at the opportunities ahead and not at what happened behind! In other words , once its left the Club Face, forget about it, find it, and hit it again!

2 over 38 on the front 9 after work.

Ball striking was so so so good. Could not get a birdie putt to fall. Missed freaking 5!!!!

Got called to be a last minute sub in the company golf league and shot a 43 with a double and a triple mixed in.

I was pleased overall considering I hadn't touched the clubs in over a week and I didn't warm up before the round.

Going to hit the range tomorrow and work on the ball striking.

Gross 43 on the front at my home course. Well, two gross holes in a row. Double and triple back to back. Then I settled in. Still shouldn't be happening.

Played yesterday with my pops and ended up shooting a personal best for 9 holes. It was the back 9 of my home course from the tips and ended up shooting a -2 34. I had 5 pars 1 bogey and 3 birdies. Birdied by far the hardest hole on the course and had an absolutely ridiculous chip in on the par 3 17th. Flop shot up over a bunker into the side hill and it just trickled on down and into the cup.

Played yesterday with my pops and ended up shooting a personal best for 9 holes. It was the back 9 of my home course from the tips and ended up shooting a -2 34. I had 5 pars 1 bogey and 3 birdies. Birdied by far the hardest hole on the course and had an absolutely ridiculous chip in on the par 3 17th. Flop shot up over a bunker into the side hill and it just trickled on down and into the cup.

Wow Jimmy, one heck of a 9 hole round man, congrats on the PB that is pretty freaking impressive.

Jimmy James!! Hell of a 9 buddy!

Wow Jimmy, one heck of a 9 hole round man, congrats on the PB that is pretty freaking impressive.

Thanks bud. It definitely felt good to do! It was pretty awesome to have my pops present for the personal best too. Just wish the front 9 wasn't so packed I would have loved to keep playing to see what I could have done.

Congrats on the PB Jimmy. Awesome nine man!

JM

Played in a 4-man scramble yesterday and my team ended up in 2nd place of the championship flight with an 8 under. The tournament started late due to a massive rain storm that was coming through, and when it let up it left 30mph gusts to deal with, so that made some distances a little interesting to figure out. My tee balls were pretty good, but my short game paled in comparison to 2 of the guys on the team, and it was fun to watch what my game could be like if I dialed my short game in a little bit. Was a fun tournament aside from the 6 hours it took to golf in it...

Congrats on the PB Jimmy. Awesome nine man!

JM

Thanks Johnny! Felt so freaking good and gives me even more motivation to keep working hard over these next few weeks to get ready because it was a feeling like I've never had before.

Yesterday I shot a craptastic 99. 5/14 FW and 2/18 GIR. I am starting to pull alot of my drives left which is new for me which means I am scrambling. I putted well for me with 37. I was around the hole a lot which is good. I am more comfortable with the seemore now and more confident in my putting now. On one par 5 I got a 7 with 2 penalty strokes. I had 5 good shots on that hole. On the day I ran the gamut:

1 birdie
1 par
7 bogey
6 doubles
3 triples

Way to go Jimmy!!!!!

Awesome score, Jimmy! Big birdie was #11 I'm guessing, 470 yd par 4 from the blues?

Awesome score, Jimmy! Big birdie was #11 I'm guessing, 470 yd par 4 from the blues?

Nope that one I just got up and down for par. I birdied 14 the 227 yard par 3. Hit a beautiful 5 wood to about 8 feet and buried the putt!

Shot a 42 (+7) in league play last night. Was one of those nights were a 39 was completely realistic if my putting had been where it has been to start the round (found a setup issue on the 5th hole). Had something like 6 GIR, and bogeyed 3 of them. Still, taking the good from the round, and building on the few good outings I've had recently.

83 today which ties my PB at my home course. Overall a pretty good round considering I haven't played here in almost 2 weeks! I becoming really confident with my approach shots and chips around the green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

83 today which ties my PB at my home course. Overall a pretty good round considering I haven't played here in almost 2 weeks! I becoming really confident with my approach shots and chips around the green.

And I bet you think there was room for more. Well done my friend, your game has come around wonderfully this year.

lots of PB's going on. Well done Amart

Just got back from a quick 9 at lunch. Shot a tough 50. My putter just went cold and I was sending everything 2' short. 20 putts total for the round. :banghead:

And I bet you think there was room for more. Well done my friend, your game has come around wonderfully this year.
Soo much room. Except for a few shots I was really able to put my set backs out of my mind. For instance, coming off birdie in 3 I hit a good drive on 4. my approach was a terribly thin 4h that left me in the rough with 170 to a back pin. My goal was to hit the green and I pures a 7i out of the rough that flew a little to far. I was pin high though and an easy chip set up a tap in par.

congrats again on the PB tie Amart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back