Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Grips - THP Preview

I played here is Mississippi yesterday with the heat index was 115, I have the CP2's on all my clubs and they still seem tacky and did not notice any slipping. These are my grips as long as Golf Pride makes them.

Well I played 18 today in the Florida heat and humidity and not liking the cp2. I'm going to use a gripe and see if they tack up. They seemed really slippery compared to the dri tacs. I'm not giving up on them yet but so far no dice. I'd rather change out the dri tacs a couple times a year than have a slippery grip.

swing your swing

I played here is Mississippi yesterday with the heat index was 115, I have the CP2's on all my clubs and they still seem tacky and did not notice any slipping. These are my grips as long as Golf Pride makes them.

Did you go with the wrap or the pros? I have the pros and think maybe the wrap would have a little more grip.

swing your swing

put one on my driver yesterday, will get to try it out this weekend.

Well got in about two hours of practice this morning. Took about 20 swings with the driver that has the CP2 pro installed and I am very impressed. Soft but responsive, tacky as most anything I have ever played, so much so tried 5 swings without a glove and had no issue.

Put a Pro on a practice wedge and really like how it feels. I might throw some on the altitudes before deciding on whether these or the iLines go on my irons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put them on a 2nd set and really like them. Black Widow Widow Maker midsize are still my fav, but these are very good. Firm, not mushy, good, positive grip.

I just put the CP2 wrap mid size grips on my new SLDR Irons. One round with so far and love the grips. I was playing the Multi-compound grips which I also loved but arthritis in the hands was pushing me to something a little softer and bigger. I have noticed that you pretty much need to wipe them down after every swing to retain the tackiness they pick up everything on your hands or in your bag.

I just put the CP2 wrap mid size grips on my new SLDR Irons. One round with so far and love the grips. I was playing the Multi-compound grips which I also loved but arthritis in the hands was pushing me to something a little softer and bigger. I have noticed that you pretty much need to wipe them down after every swing to retain the tackiness they pick up everything on your hands or in your. bag.

I agree the first time out with these I was disappointed, In the tack on these. Since then I have wiped them down each time and they definitely became tacky. Still not sure I like them more than the dri tecs.

swing your swing

I put these on my clubs Monday and got my first 18 with them yesterday. I bought these because they're soft and tacky, by the way they're marketed. Well, it was 95 when I teed-off yesterday, with very high humidity, which is the norm in Louisiana. To give you perspective of the heat and moisture, I had FIVE gloves in rotation from shot to cart "arm" for drying.

Soft? Yes. Tacky? No. When my glove got just SLIGHTLY sweaty, these became slick. When beads of sweat dripped from my forearm onto the grip, it was not possible to hold the club well.

So, looks like these will be done this Friday. Time to move on to something else for these hot summer months!!!

Just put one on my SLDR driver, label down. I lined up the blue lines with the V of my right thumb and index finger and built up the lower hand with 4 wraps of tape - a couple of the many reasons why I like installing my own grips. Definitely gets an A+ for looks. The color scheme looks like it was made for this club. Played first round with it and it was much better than the driver's stock grip. A few more rounds will determine if it stays or goes.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I just put a CP2 Pro midsize wrap on the 1-iron I got from my dad last week. I like the dampening of the vibrations a lot on it. I am hoping to get enough experience from some rainy conditions to simulate what a sweaty summer day might be like. Then I will decide how many more clubs get these.

I like the midsize one I put on my driver but I dont think I'm ready to go midsize on the rest of my irons. However, I love the grip and can see a full set of standard size on the rest of my clubs soon.

Grips are great on a normal dry low temp day, rain or high humidity, and these grips just don't work.

Hated it - took it off the covert 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love 'em...crazy thing, golf equipment. Just ripped off the grips from the MC clubs and put these on.

Grips are great on a normal dry low temp day, rain or high humidity, and these grips just don't work.
Hated it - took it off the covert 2.0

I didn't seem to have much trouble in the rain while using a towel, but each to their own. It's the beauty of equipment and how personal it's becoming.

I find it really interesting that opinions on this grip in wet conditions seem to vary wildly. I wonder why that is?

I find it really interesting that opinions on this grip in wet conditions seem to vary wildly. I wonder why that is?
Dan mentioned he wiped the rain off with a towel and they stayed tacky. My issue is high humidity and always having at least some moisture in my glove from sweat. One can't wipe the inside of a glove with a towel. Thus, they were slippery. I can see how these are two very distinct examples. When dry, yep, I liked them. But, if one ever has a glove that becomes moist and is unable to keep it dry, they would probably have a similar experience to what I had.

Played 9 holes with the my new cp2 wrap midsize grips. feel great I likem!

Installed these today on my dads clubs. I put them Pride side down so he could have a better alignment aid. Any negatives to this? Should they be installed Pride side up? I used compressed air so it's not that big a deal to turn them over.

I like the midsize one I put on my driver but I dont think I'm ready to go midsize on the rest of my irons. However, I love the grip and can see a full set of standard size on the rest of my clubs soon.

Just an update, this one didn't do well in the humidity so it stayed on the driver when I sold it. Also think the midsize decision was a bad one.

Installed these today on my dads clubs. I put them Pride side down so he could have a better alignment aid. Any negatives to this? Should they be installed Pride side up? I used compressed air so it's not that big a deal to turn them over.
I have mine GP side down with zero issues.

Love Golf Pride grips. I'm a Tour Wrap 2G man myself.

Great grips! Best I've ever played in any brand. Golf pride is just on another level as it is.

I put a jumbo cp2 wrap on a driver. Tried a few drives with it today and it is excellent. Very comfortable, no glove.

I put one of my driver and 60 deg wedge to try out, I love the feel but we had an extremely humid day at league and these turned super slick in my hands. I'm guessing on normal days they aren't too bad but I could barely hold the club with sweaty hands. Although the durability of my Winn grips is a concern I know the club won't go flying.

Back