Odyssey Putters Thread

No more competition from me. I just got it through Odyssey thinking I'd have it for OC but I don't know anymore.
Through their preowned? I've been checking but couldn't find any

Through their preowned? I've been checking but couldn't find any

Preowned had some in 34" last I checked, but not 35" like I use. I ordered mine new hoping they'd have it.

Preowned had some in 34" last I checked, but not 35" like I use. I ordered mine new hoping they'd have it.
Gotcha, I'll have to check again. Thanks for the heads up. Such a nice putter, wish I could find one locally but its like impossible

Gotcha, I'll have to check again. Thanks for the heads up. Such a nice putter, wish I could find one locally but its like impossible

I'm just gonna say now, you'd probably get a better price on the bay over CPO.

I'm just gonna say now, you'd probably get a better price on the bay over CPO.
Yeah I'm thinking you're right. I was thinking maybe with those 20% deals they run it would be close but idk. Hopefully I can find a steal

Here they all are.

f4fhh4.jpg

Wow Mark, that is even more amazing in picture form.

Wow that's incredible! Absolute win

Falling behind on the paint fill, have to get to that tomorrow.

Rolled a Metal X #9 yesterday while I loved the look and setup it required more of a stroke to get the ball to the hole than my M1

Not quite sure why the putter felt dead to me- insert?

That insert on those feel just off for me too.

Rolled a Metal X #9 yesterday while I loved the look and setup it required more of a stroke to get the ball to the hole than my M1

Not quite sure why the putter felt dead to me- insert?

The insert for me was just too soft relative to the roll. Which is a shame, because like you I love how the Metal-X putters look at address.

The MX insert was meant to combine the roll of the WH insert with a more audible impact sound more akin to that of a milled putter. Basically, to find the middle ground between the two ranges of preference, insert vs milled.

What ended up is it did create a thrid category between the two that some like, but pure insert fans feel that it is typically too firm because of the click and milled fans usually feel like it sounds off because of the pitch of the impact noise off of the MX insert. So it was really a hit or miss putter, there is no middle ground on them.

The MX insert was meant to combine the roll of the WH insert with a more audible impact sound more akin to that of a milled putter. Basically, to find the middle ground between the two ranges of preference, insert vs milled.

What ended up is it did create a thrid category between the two that some like, but pure insert fans feel that it is typically too firm because of the click and milled fans usually feel like it sounds off because of the pitch of the impact noise off of the MX insert. So it was really a hit or miss putter, there is no middle ground on them.

Never heard it explained like that but makes total sense. I like the MXM much better for this reason.

Never heard it explained like that but makes total sense. I like the MXM much better for this reason.

I'm a biiiiiiiiit of a putter-head with quite a bit crammed in my noggin. Hahaha

Plus, my first review was on the MX #6 putter, still one of my favorites to be honest, but my god my writing has come a LONG way. Haha!

I'm a biiiiiiiiit of a putter-head with quite a bit crammed in my noggin. Hahaha

Plus, my first review was on the MX #6 putter, still one of my favorites to be honest, but my god my writing has come a LONG way. Haha!

Going to have to go search for that now! :banana:

EDIT: Found it for those who would like to walk down memory lane. The sweeping 15fter..............:banghead:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=16977

JMAN, help a brother out. (So I don't have to weed through these posts)

White Hot PRO insert vs. the Versa insert

And while we're at it, if all you can find in a head you like is a long putter, what does cutting it down affect?

And while we're at it, if all you can find in a head you like is a long putter, what does cutting it down affect?

The WHP and the Versa insert are the same but the heads are different material so they feel a bit different. I will leave the rest to James and his putter wisdom.

The WHP and the Versa insert are the same but the heads are different material so they feel a bit different. I will leave the rest to James and his putter wisdom.

Well WTC being called PRO if you're the same!? That's just silly. I wish I liked the old MX more....as there's a #5 on CPO for cheapies.

Rick got it, same insert technically but the materials and placement/weighting in the brass pro to versa vary and thusly have an impact on the pitch/tone at impact and lead to a different feel for people.

Because of the I prefer the WHP's by a WIDE margin, but that's me.

Talking about the WHP CSM? You can cut it down, just take it and have the lie bent bc it'll be upright by nature. You also may have to add some weight at the back end bc of the heavier head, I know bc I have one sitting at home I did that with haha

Makes so much sense now on what I felt, loved the head shape did not like the feel.

Rick got it, same insert technically but the materials and placement/weighting in the brass pro to versa vary and thusly have an impact on the pitch/tone at impact and lead to a different feel for people.

Because of the I prefer the WHP's by a WIDE margin, but that's me.

Talking about the WHP CSM? You can cut it down, just take it and have the lie bent bc it'll be upright by nature. You also may have to add some weight at the back end bc of the heavier head, I know bc I have one sitting at home I did that with haha

Just got a MX #7 off the bay that was cut down to 33.5" and man, this thing has some weight to it. But I actually really like the way it feels. I did have to have it bent as the toe was way up in the air, which makes sense, but now it is perfect. I don't putt perfect with it but I am burning edges and thats alright by mr for now.

ALSO...

I recently got my hands on a MX #2.. How do I know this thing is not a fake? I am kind of new to Odyssey putters and the #2 looks a bit cheaper compared to the #7 I have. Any chance it's not a real Odyssey?

Those whos have been looking for protype ix #9HT

Ebay item 380933536316. One remaining 140 bucks NEW!!!

Back