The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general public is my rant. Can't drive. Can't park. Don't hold the door open for women or men carrying a diaper bag and a car seat. Can't drive in inclement weather. The more I deal with people the more I love my fish

The general public is my rant. Can't drive. Can't park. Don't hold the door open for women or men carrying a diaper bag and a car seat. Can't drive in inclement weather. The more I deal with people the more I love my fish

QFT. People, as a general rule, are rude, impolite, dumb as dogdoo, and basically just suck.

Given the events of this week I agree with the can't drive and park 100%

Last Friday was so much better than this one.

Missing THP'ers, Tennessee and SeeMore!

QFT! If there was a THP event every weekend, I would go! Post Event Hangover was in full effect this whole week.

JM

Reading a message with disgusting homophobic slurs and other foul mouthed inappropriate language. It really turns my stomach. Stay classy.

Reading a message with disgusting homophobic slurs and other foul mouthed inappropriate language. It really turns my stomach. Stay classy.

People are idiots.

A message? Somebody PMed you hate speech?

Banned members have a way with words evidently.
#StayClassy

Keyboard muscles. Wonder how many step up and say that stuff in person. My guess is none.

My 3 kids under the age of 8 have more manners and class than idiots that F'd up the past and can't seem to get over it. Living in regret must be hard and lonely.

Keyboard muscles. Wonder how many step up and say that stuff in person. My guess is none.

It would be green light for go time if I was there to hear it.

My 3 kids under the age of 8 have more manners and class than idiots that F'd up the past and can't seem to get over it. Living in regret must be hard and lonely.

no-ragrets-ya-know-what-i-m-sayin-t-shirt-idb121850.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760b3.jpg

You would have some company brother.

I would be going off the top rope giving suckas atomic elbows

It's just annoying because this stuff normally doesn't bother me. To be honest, a lot of internet crap doesn't bother me, because I have far more going on in my life to give a sh!t, but the words used are what got to me. The fact that someone could actually type that out and hit send. Do people seriously have no morals anymore? I guess I have just never been that mad, or cared that much that not being allowed to troll a website would make me want to type that. We live in a sad world.

It's just annoying because this stuff normally doesn't bother me. To be honest, a lot of internet crap doesn't bother me, because I have far more going on in my life to give a sh!t, but the words used are what got to me. The fact that someone could actually type that out and hit send. Do people seriously have no morals anymore? I guess I have just never been that mad, or cared that much that not being allowed to troll a website would make me want to type that. We live in a sad world.

But it shows that you guys made the right decision & no longer have allowed that type of element to be present here. Too much good going on to let any idiot derail the fun.

But it shows that you guys made the right decision & no longer have allowed that type of element to be present here. Too much good going on to let any idiot derail the fun.

We will never let that garbage here. The worst offender we ever had was banned by me, and it was the best damn decision I have ever made. Quite cathartic actually.

It just goes to show that no matter how hard we work, getting away is never an option.
Each time we have tried, the trolls show up with new usernames, etc.
After two years, you would not think this would still be happening, but clearly with the cool stuff here, its too much too miss.
I usually let this stuff go, but sometimes it just shows me how disgusting some people are. In this case, it just makes me realize that when decisions were brought to me, and I disagreed with them, but went along anyway. They were the right decisions and those people are smart and I am glad to have them as friends and family.

It's insane to me that someone would type that, see it, and then say "yeah, this is a good idea". Just nuts, and terrible I guess.

There's always an idiot somewhere and unfortunately they will find you. THP is such an awesome place and with some many new members there will always be some bad seeds. Sorry you guys gotta deal with it tho, you'd think people were more mature. Glad they're gone

I for games the sushi headcover last night. And it was awesome. A few compliments never hurt the pride.

I also like being at the cool kids table. It's the coolest cool kid table that ever cooled.

I'm sorry you even had to see that garbage. What's funny is that you look at these people's Facebook profile's per say and they have a wife and kids and a good job. I wonder if those people know what type of person they live with / work with.

The Internet is the new "kicking the dog". Years ago the saying was that you never knew who was smiling all day and being helpful and agreeable, then going home and kicking their dog to get out their internal garbage and feel powerful/tough. Now it's the Internet - people can type all the garbage they want and send it because they're not saying it to someone's face and in the long run, they feel there are no real consequences. It is indeed sad and played out. I've been on the receiving end and I usually laugh it off (although I may have brought it public once or twice to shame the people saying those things).

The Official Rant of the Day

I'm sorry you even had to see that garbage. What's funny is that you look at these people's Facebook profile's per say and they have a wife and kids and a good job. I wonder if those people know what type of person they live with / work with.

I was the recipient of a lot of that type stuff somewhere else. I really wanted to compile it all and send it to the person's employer.

Not only saying this is the type of person that's representing your company, but also doing it on your time with your company equipment.

But like GG said. I figured that would just make it worse to let in longer in in my mind in the long run, so I moved on.

It was ultimately the best decision I made because it led me to here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back