Music On The Course - Straight Talk W/ Jake

I had always been anti music on the course, but helped a friend out during a golf marathon where we had music going, and really enjoyed it.

Respectful is the key word in all of this. I have met respectful on the course and thought it was fine.

As long as "Would you mind turning that down?" is a question asked nicely and answered with respect and "Is this alright?" then music on the course is fine by me.

In my case, I don't care for music on the course other than the rhythmic clack clack of the clubs in everyone's bag.

After not being able to golf for just over 2 out of the last 3 months, it's great to be hitting the little ball around again.

Was at an outing this last weekend where the group in front of us was jamming music through a nice, at least 2' wide speaker. The constant changing of songs and varying levels of volume were pretty annoying. At a scramble with a bunch of people having fun it really wasn't a bother though. Guys in my group actually knew these people and we joined up for last few holes. With random music from all genres playing and a custom tune for each player about to tee off I had a great time. It also seemed to dial me in and we used every one of my shots on last 3 holes.

Hmmmm?

I've got a portable bluetooth speaker that fits nicely in a golf cart. When we play music I keep the volume down so you can really only hear it when you're within about 5-10 feet of the cart. Even parking by and walking up on a tee box or green you can faintly hear it, keeps others happy and allows us to listen as we drive around the course. It all comes down to courtesy for other players.

one of the reasons I enjoy golf so much is to get away from the noise. if you are by yourself and just want to hear some tunes and have a few beers and hit some balls that's cool but its pretty rude to disturb others who don't want to hear it. even if 3 out 4 people love to hear it ,its still not right for the one person who doesnt

Its not hard to keep the volume within the cart where the speaker is situated if someone in the group doesn't care for it.

Its not hard to keep the volume within the cart where the speaker is situated if someone in the group doesn't care for it.

Plus we always keep the music clean.

Right?

:alien:

As a musician and avid music lover, I don't understand the concept of playing music softly so you can barely hear it. When I listen to music I want to hear the effect of how a guitar player attacks the strings with the pick or the tricky syncopation between a drummer's snare and hat. That's why I don't generally play music while I'm doing anything that requires a lot of concentration - it is disrespecting the music - and thus would never even think of listening to music while golfing. As for others, listen away to your heart's content but I definitely don't want to hear it while I'm playing.

Just more of my .02, I think it is in some ways detrimental the way multi-tasking and multiplexing have become so ubiquitous. There is something to be said for doing one thing at a time and one thing only, immersing yourself in it, and doing it well and to completion.

when i first saw this, it's something i'd never heard of before and never thought i'd see it. Sure enough, last month played a round with my Uncle and the other cart had music blasting which I could not stand. Finally told them to turn it off...didn't want to be a jerk, but in my opinion it does not have a place in golf. No different in my opinion to bringing it to the library.

I honestly had never thought of music on the golf course until a few weeks ago, when I came across another foursome who had a BT speaker on their cart. The volume was set to where they could hear it when they were all around the green or tee box, but not at a level that I would consider intrusive. I have a Bose Soundlink I use on the patio, that would fit nicely in a cart. May have to give it a try. I think my game could use a little Outlaw Country.

I honestly had never thought of music on the golf course until a few weeks ago, when I came across another foursome who had a BT speaker on their cart. The volume was set to where they could hear it when they were all around the green or tee box, but not at a level that I would consider intrusive. I have a Bose Soundlink I use on the patio, that would fit nicely in a cart. May have to give it a try. I think my game could use a little Outlaw Country.

Had my soundlink out in the cart the other day. Great option for riding.

I am a total convert on this issue. My Soundchuck is a staple in my bag. I still don't have a feel for volume control, as my hearing is bad, so as a habit I'll lower it when we get to a tee box. Have only had one guy even give me a sideways glance about it, but before I could do anything his buddies got on him about it. Apparently he was having an awful day playing and was not in a good mood.

I've lost track of the number of inquiries or comments about my Soundchuck in the cart. Everyone seems to love the idea of it, although I've never seen anyone with speakers outside of THP'ers.

count me as one who really doesn't enjoy it. i love the quiet and the solitude of a round of golf. i love music, but it just doesn't fit on the course for what i want out of a round. more power to those who love it, though. if i'm in a group and someone asks if i mind, i always say "no" because i want them to get the most out of their round, and i will deal with it. it's not the worst thing in the world, though.

I never thought about music on the course until playing with THP'ers and I embrace it now. So I went out and purchased this
8168c2827d5f602f91eeba989901fef5.jpg

It works great and now I can drown out #cookies music.........lol

Music On The Course - Straight Talk W/ Jake

It wouldn't bother me really - I have a jambox that I've been tempted to throw in my bag a few times now. On most courses I play you're not really close enough to other people to bother them. It's rare that a tee box would be right next to a green and even if it was hopefully they would be off the tee by the time I hit the green anyway. If not, it's easy to turn it down or off when approaching the green so as not to bother them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a convert on this issue as well. There still are times when I prefer a quiet round, but have had my speaker with me the last several rounds. I am cautious with the volume, but enjoy the tunes while playing.

I'm a bit 50/50 on this. At times the quiet serenity of the course in a morning round is about as good as it gets. However, there are times where I need to find a rhythm and find a zone and music is the only way to do it. I will 99.9% wear headphones in that situation as I never want to disturb other golfers and their personal preference.

I just think about what would happen if someone played music at St Andrews or Augusta. Golf is a game I have a tremendous amount of respect for and I just don't think music is consistent with showing respect to the other patrons or to the traditions of the game. Similarly, I played today and saw a group with their hats backwards, that just seemed wrong too.

I just think about what would happen if someone played music at St Andrews or Augusta. Golf is a game I have a tremendous amount of respect for and I just don't think music is consistent with showing respect to the other patrons or to the traditions of the game. Similarly, I played today and saw a group with their hats backwards, that just seemed wrong too.
True but life's to short to sweat the small stuff. This is assuming no rules are being broken and it's not a hindrance to those outside of the group.

True but life's to short to sweat the small stuff. This is assuming no rules are being broken and it's not a hindrance to those outside of the group.

I hear what you're saying but tend to disagree. It's the small stuff that shows a man's character. Not saying I live up to that all the time but I sure try.

Believe me, there's a time and place to be a bro, I just tend to think the golf course isn't it. Top Golf on the other hand is perfect for wearing your hat any way you like and playing whatever music you choose.

I'm so glad the people I play with like music and or are interesting to talk to. I can't imagine taking myself too serious on the golf course.

For fun rounds I usually play music, but my Pandora was crapping out on me so I had to do without. That was a bummer of a round!

this past week I played with a gentleman who used his smartphone to play music...mostly bluesy...the first time I've ever played with music playing in the background. 1: being a guitar player, I liked the choice..and I shot the best score I've ever shot.....as long athe music isn't blasting too loud to be heard by others, I say go for it.......maybe next time it'll be classic rock !!!!

Back