2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

wasn't THP just in Wisconsin and you missed it?

Sort of, I had just really joined the site around then with another commitment that weekend. I'd almost consider Troy Burne to be a part of MN rather than WI.

wasn't THP just in Wisconsin and you missed it?

Yes. I did. I wasn't happy about it. Sometimes schedules don't match up. It was unfortunate. No further explanation needed.

Much better places in that area for much less money. Yea, they have other cheaper courses, but still.

Noted. If an event were there, what would be your #1 you think could get pulled off?

Not sure it would meet the AC qualification, but Destin, FL in the spring would be great. Airport about 30 minutes from Destin between Niceville and Ft. Walton Beach with reasonably priced flight in and out. Also, another airport option in Panama City not too far away. Lots of lodging, great food and nightlife.

I think Indy should be on 2015 schedule for sure, the was a killer weekend

Noted. If an event were there, what would be your #1 you think could get pulled off?

Olympia Fields :)

I got shot down on that one last year pretty quick. They do Monday events though. I'm sure that would go over well lol.

As most events will be somewhere that will require me flying to them, I am hoping for something not too far (inside and hour or so) from a decent airport that has plenty of options in and out.

A few solid options for lodging and 2-3 good courses available to play at while there. If it can be somewhere with some history all the better!

TCI in Des Moines? Hell yes!

TCI was a fun one dude.. I loved it and would be back in a heartbeat

I think for big events, such as the Granddaddy, the MC, etc, the location doesn't really matter and the focus should be the venue and logistics being appropriate for the event. The participants in those events are going to find a way to get to where the events are. In short, if someone puts the MC in Washington State next year, would that prevent me from applying? Heck no.

For general events such as invitationals, I agree the focus needs to be on participation, not venue. I think it's good to try to have them centered around major areas of the country, such as one in the Southeast, one in the Northeast, one in the Midwest, etc. Obviously how much of that can be done and how far the reach extends is limited by the wear and tear it causes on JB and Morgan.

Not sure it would meet the AC qualification, but Destin, FL in the spring would be great. Airport about 30 minutes from Destin between Niceville and Ft. Walton Beach with reasonably priced flight in and out. Also, another airport option in Panama City not too far away. Lots of lodging, great food and nightlife.

Oddly enough, I have a friend whose significant other works for the Sandestin Golf and Beach resort.

It hadn't been mentioned, but it's THP & never say never. How about the Greenbriar? Plenty of golf & non golf stuff to do, just not sure on how easy it is to get here.

Oddly enough, I have a friend whose significant other works for the Sandestin Golf and Beach resort.
Sweet! So we already have an inside track to setting up an invitational!

I really don't know enough about the States to recommend anything besides Seattle area...but that doesn't meet most of the criteria.
I just wish I had more air miles and more vacation time.

Albeit a homer call, I'm surprised that Kohler hasn't been mentioned. Granted it would probably be a great setting for a couples event, 4 great courses there and not TOO far from Milwaukee's airport. That said, something around the Charlotte area would be nice as well. Denver would be among my top choices, and I'll pile on saying KC would be a good option travel wise as well.

Aside from the very high prices for these courses at kohler, the bull and bog are very nice. Let's just wait til 2016 and play sand valley. People can drive in for that.

Tappin from the iPhone

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina are givens for me. Always a good turnout at invitationals and other events held in those areas.

Phoenix/Scottsdale would be a no brainer for me for the next 4 years.

I don't know anything about the golf but saw someone else mention it, Austin, TX. A town that's been on my list to visit for a while.

Greensboro, NC. Some good golf in the area, has its own small airport and convenient to RDU and Charlotte.

Would love to see more of the company sponsored events next year- Adams, SeeMore were fun to follow as will be the Wilson event. How about Bridgestone in Covington, GA for 2015? Driven by their plant more times than I'd care to mention when I used to have a sales territory out there. Have always wanted to see inside it!

Edited to add: Alabama. RTJ Trail would be fun. The short courses would be a blast with a big group. I know Birmingham has been mentioned already, but another to think of would be Auburn/Opelika. Not too far of a drive from the ATL airport at just under 100 miles and about 1.5 hour drive.

THP Top Golf Invitational 2015

I want the naming rights when that happens.

We need to have a local hangout there soon anyways.

I would drop a vote for any previous course that have been phenomenal in their support of a THP Event. Not that events go back year after year, simply that they are on the rota.

Life is about relationships and places that have been amazing to THP deserve our regular support.

Being a Florida person, I would say Orlando area in the winter would be great for all the frozen people, there are dozens of great courses and lots to do for the whole family.
That said as a new THPer I would go anywhere there was an event I could get into, but Michigan or Denver sure sound good for summertime golf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Probably a long shot, but I loved the Lake Charles Invitational this past year. Met some THPers I normally wouldn't see at the GA/SC events.

If Austin was ever a target again, Barton Creek would be phenomenal and could be a stay n play IIRC.

Really close to the lake and has a nice spa, etc.

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina are givens for me. Always a good turnout at invitationals and other events held in those areas.

Phoenix/Scottsdale would be a no brainer for me for the next 4 years.

I don't know anything about the golf but saw someone else mention it, Austin, TX. A town that's been on my list to visit for a while.

Greensboro, NC. Some good golf in the area, has its own small airport and convenient to RDU and Charlotte.

Would love to see more of the company sponsored events next year- Adams, SeeMore were fun to follow as will be the Wilson event. How about Bridgestone in Covington, GA for 2015? Driven by their plant more times than I'd care to mention when I used to have a sales territory out there. Have always wanted to see inside it!

Edited to add: Alabama. RTJ Trail would be fun. The short courses would be a blast with a big group. I know Birmingham has been mentioned already, but another to think of would be Auburn/Opelika. Not too far of a drive from the ATL airport at just under 100 miles and about 1.5 hour drive.

Just a quick correction that every event but one was a sponsored event this year.
Love Is In The Air was the only event sponsored solely by THP. Each of the other 13 or so, have had sponsors.
If you mean at a company HQ, dont forget the Grandaddy that is done that way as well.

If Austin was ever a target again, Barton Creek would be phenomenal and could be a stay n play IIRC.

Really close to the lake and has a nice spa, etc.

This would be awesome. Perfect for LIITA in my opinion.

This would be awesome. Perfect for LIITA in my opinion.

Golf in the AM and then some watersports in the PM?!

I'll bring the boat. :)

Back