The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a pretty terrible range session before my lesson/fitting. That was a bummer lol. Was nice to get with the instructor afterwards. Scheduled my next lesson for a week from now. Rotate through Hawk. Rotate through.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Went to the range one last time before OC. Started off really hitting the ball well, then tried to get cute trying to draw an 8i and couldn't stop shutting down the clubface, which led to all kinds of weird issues. If only I could chop off my right hand.

I was hitting my hybrid better, but still no where near what I was doing a few weeks ago.

With my longer clubs except driver, I'm doing this thing where I take the club back 8-10 inches too far and it screws everything up. It's like I'm trying to get more distance, but need to relax and focus on a more compact swing, just like with the short irons.

Really though, my problem is I stay out there when I'm not hitting well, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and trying to correct it. I don't know if it's better to walk away and hope the problem goes away or work through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stretch and putt tonight. I continued to work on a slight inside to down the line stroke. It's starting to feel more natural. Now I just need to remember a little bit of a forward shaft lean at address. Back on the range tomorrow night.

Well went to both of my courses i belong to last night and they both had outings going on so they were packed. So ended up going up to the Peoria golf learning center instead which is better for me. Started out working on short game and putting for 45 minutes. Was doing pitching and chipping and then going and putting the balls. I like doing that because it gets a good feel on how close I really need to be to knock them in with the putter. But after that it was range time. Worked with the irons. Gotta say I was striking them quiet well and only issue I have with them now is topping it if i don't strike down on the ball. Then it was onto the hybrid's and woods. Hybrids were good and 5 wood was iffy (still slicing and hooking with it). Then for some reason 3 wood off the tee was great for me. Was getting nice mid flights with slight fades out to 210-240. Then it was onto the monster the driver. Well lets just say I got some work with this guy. Always feel like I am reaching far from the ball even when it's in the correct position inside my foot. Then Im trying to hit up on the ball because I have a tendecy to hit down on it. Monday night i was told to put the tee and that would make start hitting up on it. Seem like it was slice city and if I was trying to roll my arms it was a nasty hook. Hopefully today with my course lesson I will get a nice swing fix/putting tip from the instructor.

Hang in there coers. Driver can be a real pain in the butt some times, but you'll get it going. I like the way you were doing the short game practice. I always do the same. Gives you a feel for reality when you get out on the course.

Stupid June weather. It's been rotten here too.

same here man, 3 days of rain, wanted to get some practice time in before tomorrows lesson too

Hang in there coers. Driver can be a real pain in the butt some times, but you'll get it going. I like the way you were doing the short game practice. I always do the same. Gives you a feel for reality when you get out on the course.
yep I like to to practice like I am out there on the course. and the driver, I just need to get some video and have my instructor check it out.

same here man, 3 days of rain, wanted to get some practice time in before tomorrows lesson too

Rain passed through and now it's just sticky. Ugh.

Night off for me tonight, though I'll probably go for a run. Hoping to get out and hit some balls with the adjusted iron tomorrow, but Dr appt might screw that up.

yep I like to to practice like I am out there on the course. and the driver, I just need to get some video and have my instructor check it out.

Something tells me once you get your hands on your MC driver you'll be in good shape :D

Something tells me once you get your hands on your MC driver you'll be in good shape :D
ofcourse man. everyone at #thpmc will be pros down there. if you got the hear and the look you'll be hitting 300 yard bombs lol

ofcourse man. everyone at #thpmc will be pros down there. if you got the hear and the look you'll be hitting 300 yard bombs lol

If bombs were 240 yards I'd be THP's Gary Woodland.

I had a great session this morning, I hit a bag of balls with 3 and 5 irons and a bag with 3 wood 54 and 58 degree wedges. The power fade is going really well and the left didn't come into play at all today. The club distances were very non internettish though and I think I'm finally settling into my yardages lol.

Non-internet distance for the win :) I'm with you dude. Always dreaming of the long ball, but it doesn't appear it will ever be in my arsenal. Glad to hear you got out there TB.

Non-internet distance for the win :) I'm with you dude. Always dreaming of the long ball, but it doesn't appear it will ever be in my arsenal. Glad to hear you got out there TB.

I remember when I used to hit 250-260

I blame the ping anser driver, it was downhill immediately after that lol

I remember when I used to hit 250-260

I blame the ping anser driver, it was downhill immediately after that lol

Big mike had more power

I hit a medium bucket at lunch with mostly mixed results. It took me until about the last 5 balls to realize that I was taking the club back too inside (again). Once I stopped doing that I striped those last handful of balls. I'm happy to (hopefully) have straightened this out but also a bit ticked off that I keep coming back to the same mistakes.

Simple thoughts work the best for me, that much is clear. Hit some wedges into the woods across the way, drop the hands and swing right. Simple. Effective. In the slot.

Silly damn game.

I had a great session this morning, I hit a bag of balls with 3 and 5 irons and a bag with 3 wood 54 and 58 degree wedges. The power fade is going really well and the left didn't come into play at all today. The club distances were very non internettish though and I think I'm finally settling into my yardages lol.
taking the entire left side out! I so wish I can do that

Swing work and a little putting for me today. Need to work on keeping my wrist flat and making a good turn.

Had what I feel was one of my best practice sessions of the year today. I had a lesson yesterday and the final part of the swing build I have been working on all spring clicked. Went through all clubs in my ball and over an hour session I only hit 3 balls left of target which is a really good sign. Will keep repeating this until I can do it in my sleep

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Oh.... I also got out on the putting green for the first time with my new eyes. Was amazed at how much better both my alignment and overall pace was. Depth perception still has a little bit of work to be done, especially on uphill putts

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Heading out to the range tonight in the rain and mud. Need some swings and need to clear my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back