Lamkin UTx Grips Review

Going to give these another shot and put them on my Morgan Cup clubs. At least I won't have to install them. Going to add some wraps and make them big. Hoping they don't tear up my hands much, but I really need some traction if it's humid down in MB.
This will be interesting to hear how they perform in that humidity.
I know I have liked having these on 3 of my wedges for the past few months. I am going to try one on the driver this week. I wanted to give it a test the past few days, but all this rain has kept me away from the course. I will attempt to get some range time tomorrow.

This will be interesting to hear how they perform in that humidity.
I know I have liked having these on 3 of my wedges for the past few months. I am going to try one on the driver this week. I wanted to give it a test the past few days, but all this rain has kept me away from the course. I will attempt to get some range time tomorrow.

What color are you rocking dude?

What color are you rocking dude?
I have the red on the wedges, but just threw a black on the driver. I'm curious about how this feels with the driver swing versus a wedge swing.

That's a good question. I usually put a wrap on my driver for whatever reason. This will be a little different for me.

Going to give these another shot and put them on my Morgan Cup clubs. At least I won't have to install them. Going to add some wraps and make them big. Hoping they don't tear up my hands much, but I really need some traction if it's humid down in MB.

I think they're an ideal blend, enough texture/tack for the humidity but the 3gen layer is noticeable too and quite nice on the hands.

I think they're an ideal blend, enough texture/tack for the humidity but the 3gen layer is noticeable too and quite nice on the hands.

That's what I'm hoping for. A little of the best of both worlds.

That's a good question. I usually put a wrap on my driver for whatever reason. This will be a little different for me.
I'm not sure how these will feel with the driver. There is definitely plenty if grip, but will it be to much, if that's possible. like pine tar on a baseball bat. For me, to much grip and it feels strange.

That's what I'm hoping for. A little of the best of both worlds.

If they'd been a choice with Cobra, I'd be playing them in the MC

If they'd been a choice with Cobra, I'd be playing them in the MC
Does this grip feel alright on the driver?

Has anyone had an issues with the butt end being a little loose after they were put on? On a few clubs I can feel the end move a little bit on a few clubs and don't know if they just weren't put on all the way. I've heard this issue from a few others now which is why I ask?

I have a bunch of these in the bullpen right now, just haven't put them on yet cause my old grips (NDMC's) still have some life left. Just traded a Mashie I wasn't using for a J40 hybo from Jaysfan though that has a UTx on it, and wow, I have to say these feel much grippier once installed - the cord really comes out. But they're not harsh, they're actually quite soft - it's strange, but it a good way. Really excited to try it out this weekend - I have a feeling I'll be wanting to immediately change all my grips to these.

Does this grip feel alright on the driver?

I like it a lot through the set including driver, but everyone is usually picky w the driver in their own ways.

Has anyone had an issues with the butt end being a little loose after they were put on? On a few clubs I can feel the end move a little bit on a few clubs and don't know if they just weren't put on all the way. I've heard this issue from a few others now which is why I ask?

Yes. I'm not sure which thread, but it's been discussed a bit. I had the same issue. They don't seat easily and if you're not careful you'll end up with a loose butt end.

I like it a lot through the set including driver, but everyone is usually picky w the driver in their own ways.
We'll see if I fall into that category tomorrow. Plan on testing it out at the range first on Friday, then the course Sunday.

Yes. I'm not sure which thread, but it's been discussed a bit. I had the same issue. They don't seat easily and if you're not careful you'll end up with a loose butt end.

Yep, during install you have to be DANG sure you get them all the way seated, I actually flip them over and use the ground to help ensure that.

Yep, during install you have to be DANG sure you get them all the way seated, I actually flip them over and use the ground to help ensure that.

In their defense, they aren't the only grips I've had that issue with, but it's very frustrating when you pay the money and don't notice until the next day.

This is exactly how I have installed these. They can be tricky to get on.

Bought six black standard ones during the Father's day BOGO sale, will eventually put them on something!

In their defense, they aren't the only grips I've had that issue with, but it's very frustrating when you pay the money and don't notice until the next day.
Yup, PGA store put mine on and I've noticed it on some of the lower lofter clubs.

I'd take em back dude.

It's been over a month now so just been playing with 'em like they are. I have a few extra's so maybe will take back to have them redo with the new ones and let them know why I'm getting 'em redone.

I haven't had any issue, I know others have. I use the ground quite a bit when shaking the solvent out, and I double check the butt end to ensure its on all the way before everything dries.

These have performed well in the humidity for me. As Jman said, the cord gives a nice grip, but not too harsh. The 3gen just makes it feel so good hitting the ball. This is a 'combo material' grip that is a true winner in my book.

~Rock

Lamkin UTx Grips Review

I got some of these and I put them on a few clubs and I'm not impressed with them wish I would have just done the I lines like I thought I should have. Clubs still slipping and just not very comfortable for me.

I've been very happy the ones I have. I do feel they are little heaiver than the stardard REL 3Gen that I have a a few other clubs. They are a great blend. I do notice the cord some, but nothing that is chewing my hands up. The tack of them is awesome. I also have the loose cap issue. I don't think the shop got the grips seated good on my wedges when they gripped them. They came ungripped from Titleist since they don't offer the UTx as an option yet, and they just didn't get them seated good. Since they are on my wedges, I don't really worry about it. But on my 3 iron, DI, and 3-wood that I did, I haven't had any issue at all.

Back