Cleveland Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Went with the QStar for my ball. Anyone else go that route? I've been playing it all year, so why switch things up.

Great choice, I absolutely love this ball and I played it in the Morgan Cup last year. I still play them today.

Picked up my irons and wedges today that were bent to the same specs I'll be playing with the mystery clubs. Big changes in lie angle, so I'll have to use every minute of the next month getting used to them.

Picked up my irons and wedges today that were bent to the same specs I'll be playing with the mystery clubs. Big changes in lie angle, so I'll have to use every minute of the next month getting used to them.

Good luck bro! Plenty of time to get used to these specs

Well I'm expecting more contact this week from Cleveland, and I'm at the golf shop making sure my specs are correct. My Ci11s are 2* upright, and this was my lie board fitting:

vuzavupy.jpg

Guess I need to go standard in my irons after this season's lessons and swing changes.

Good call double checking that, 2* difference is pretty big

Well I'm expecting more contact this week from Cleveland, and I'm at the golf shop making sure my specs are correct. My Ci11s are 2* upright, and this was my lie board fitting:

vuzavupy.jpg

Guess I need to go standard in my irons after this season's lessons and swing changes.

Nice dude! Knowing is half the battle

I'm not going to lie, I've opened up and looked longingly at my order spreadsheet at least a few times since it's been sent in (good thing the first time, since I caught a mistake). I can't wait to get some swings in with these clubs on staff sponsor day.

Yep, now I really know why I had the case of the rights. Seems like whatever irons I go with will be +.5" and 1* flat.

I'm not going to lie, I've opened up and looked longingly at my order spreadsheet at least a few times since it's been sent in (good thing the first time, since I caught a mistake). I can't wait to get some swings in with these clubs on staff sponsor day.

I'm still drooling each time I look at it

I'm nervous, I'm excited, I'm in awe, I'm in golf heaven. What's about to come on Friday July 25th is going to be a day I'll never forget.

I'm nervous, I'm excited, I'm in awe, I'm in golf heaven. What's about to come on Friday July 25th is going to be a day I'll never forget.

And that day is so freaking close dude. I'm anxious to see what you guy all end up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Nate we are in for a good treat come #thpmc!!! No matter what's in our bags it's going to be amazing with all of you and Cleveland/Srixon.

Oh Nate we are in for a good treat come #thpmc!!! No matter what's in our bags it's going to be amazing with all of you and Cleveland/Srixon.

Agreed- I'm just as interested to see what everyone else went with!!

not meant as a slap in the face to the other sponsors, but I envision quite a few other guys wanting to try this stuff out.

not meant as a slap in the face to the other sponsors, but I envision quite a few other guys wanting to try this stuff out.

Yup. Totally agree. And understandable

I expect a small gathering around the mystery gear that Friday morning, not just the 8 staffers :alien:

I expect a small gathering around the mystery gear that Friday morning, not just the 8 staffers :alien:

Or a large one!!

Maybe just a small gathering...but then again 40 isn't small.

Just want to say the Z star XV ball performed like a champ today around the greens. Had three chips that checked up perfectly 1 lipped out and two other tap ins do to the perfect spin control.

Yea it's a good ball around the green. As good as anything else in its class for sure. Will be fun to smack em around with some fresh grooves

Hawk, how are the new specs treating you? Seem like a good fit?

Hawk, how are the new specs treating you? Seem like a good fit?

Very nicely so far. Wedges are especially good and range sessions with the irons show a lot of promise. Need to work a bit on alignment to iron the compensations I've created out, but that's coming along as well.

It's a great ball. I've played it more than just about every urethane ball out there since 2012. Just a solid all-around performer. The only knock I have is that I liked the old Tour Yellow over the new color. Other than that, easily a top-3 ball for me.

Very nicely so far. Wedges are especially good and range sessions with the irons show a lot of promise. Need to work a bit on alignment to iron the compensations I've created out, but that's coming along as well.

Hawk, are these lie angles something you hadn't been fit for previously? Results from the swing change work you put in?

Back