The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard awful news. A coworker's 3 year old granddaughter was involved in an accident with a deep frier at his house. The frier tipped over and dumped the hot oil on her. She has third degree burns on her abdomen and thighs. She had her first surgery today. She is looking at a 4 month stay at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and an unknown number of surgeries.

Just breaks my heart.

When I lived in Oklahoma, I used to go to nursing homes to deliver communion to the people there referred to us by their families. There were several individuals who were suffering from Alzheimer's. It's a pitiful disease and one I hope we eliminate posthaste. To say that it strips away everything that makes us human in a person would be as accurate a statement as I can make. It was emotionally, mentally, and physically draining every time I went.

re: deep friers. I have banned them from my house. I love good fried food, but those things are a flat out hazard. I hope she recovers well, but it's going to be a very long and painful process. :(

That is just awful, that poor little girl!

And duece, I totally agree with you about the disease. Seeing it first hand with my grandfather is so depressing. Sadly it runs in my family, he isn't the first relative of mine to have it, just the first one close to me.

Little man has been complaining of everything tasting like burned popcorn. He has appt on Monday to see the people who performed his gastroesophageal reflux surgery when he was a baby. I almost lost him back then so a little scared his tastes have something to do with that. Especially since I'm out of town and can't be there with him.

I am stuck working a 12 hour shift in a hospital that won't let me open a computer or get on my phone. So I've snuck off to the restroom to get my THP fix. Catching up on 12 hours is difficult

Blu, that is just horrible about the poor little girl. One of the most heartbreaking things I've heard in a long time.

GG, as you're most likely aware , they refer to Alzheimers as The Long Goodbye. It's just very very sad.

Little man has been complaining of everything tasting like burned popcorn. He has appt on Monday to see the people who performed his gastroesophageal reflux surgery when he was a baby. I almost lost him back then so a little scared his tastes have something to do with that. Especially since I'm out of town and can't be there with him.

Hope everything turns out ok for him.

Effing work calling me at 8pm on a fri...%#&$%÷

Thanks for the support, everyone. My great-grandmother had Alzheimer's the last 10-12 years of her life. She lived with my grandparents for that time, and unfortunately she passed away while they were on a golfing vacation to Myrtle Beach when she was disoriented and fell, breaking her hip. Sadly she wasn't able to survive the surgery, she was 97. Now my grandmother has dementia, and unlike the slow onset her mother had, it's only been 6 months and she's going down rapidly. Fingers crossed that her appointment next week yields some answers about potential medication that might help, or at least slow things down.

Just read all about your fur kid, T0AD, and I wish you all the best. We went through a major ordeal with our Bandit about five years ago and it was some of the roughest times I have had to go through. PM me if you want.

And sorry to everyone else here lately. It sure is a crappy time going around.

Sarcasm, pessimism, and flat out talking down to others for the sake of a chuckle.

I'm not a fan.

Rant of the day is sitting here working a 12 hr shift and haven't done a thing. As I look out the window literally moments away from Spyglass and Pebble Beach. Why work when I can play golf...time to play sick???

The Official Rant of the Day

Rant of the day is sitting here working a 12 hr shift and haven't done a thing. As I look out the window literally moments away from Spyglass and Pebble Beach. Why work when I can play golf...time to play sick???

Boy that would be rough. Still early enough out there to come down with a sudden upset stomach.

Last edited:
Self inflicted hangover...yech! Last night must have been fun though...

Not really the place for a post like that imo. We have a debate room if you must share your opinions on subjects like that.

Not really the place for a post like that imo. We have a debate room if you must share your opinions on subjects like that.

Oh, sorry Hawk! I'll delete it, I just needed to get that off my chest.

I played out of my mind today and ended up owing $20. I was outgunned and outclassed, but still shot a 77. I happily paid up. I guess that's a terrible rant.

The fact that I can't find a range in Monterey, Ca that is open after 6pm. It's amazing that the last tee time anywhere around here is 6pm as well when it's light until 9:30. I want to golf!

Maybe ohio isn't that bad matt
...lol

A golf game that is more than adequate for 5 holes out of every 9.... and a gongshow for the other 4...... thats my rant.

Expecting to shoot the lights out with no warmup swings. Wth am I thinking? ??????

This is maybe the least entertaining baseball game I've ever attended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife went to a nursery auction yesterday. It appears that I have a bunch of holes to dig & my plans for a new driver got overruled by a truck load of plants that she'll kill in a few months.
Awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got stuck behind a foursome of ancients yesterday that not only were horrible golfers, but also had no semblance of an idea of how to play at a reasonable speed. Had all 4 people looking in the fescue for a ball, then watch all 4 drive to another hairy spot and search for a different ball. This was pretty much every hole. They wouldn't let us play through either despite nobody in front of them. We caught up to them on #12 and by the end of #13, two of my foursome had enough and quit. The last 5 holes took 90min. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back