The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went through a bucket today. My main focus was on iron accuracy and working on my driver. Not much progress amd eon the iron front but I changed the loft setting on my driver from 9.5 to 9.5D and I couldn't not hit it straight with a mid ball flight.

Got some work in this morning. Kinda sore after working around the house yesterday but I am doing a much better job of getting on my front foot and as long as I swing smooth, good things are happening.

Got some work in this morning. Kinda sore after working around the house yesterday but I am doing a much better job of getting on my front foot and as long as I swing smooth, good things are happening.

You mean sore after playing lumberjack yesterday.

Hit a few extra balls after the round today. Everything was just out of sync on the course.

Realized that my weight was falling forward, setting a lot of things into a bad position. When I focused on keeping my rear end over my right heel in the backswing, everything was on line, and the contact was very good. Hit about half a bucket between a 7i and my driver, and both were flying really well. Wish I had that swing thought on the course!

My main focus moving forward is to just keep my backswing slow and controlled and to keep my balance. Ball striking overall seems much, much better when those two things are working.

Got out to the range this morning to continue practicing limiting my hook and to try out a J40 hybo I traded for the other day. This thing really feels SOLID, and gives a more penetrating trajectory than other hybrids I've hit in this loft range. Also with the small offset and (I think) slightly open face, it really seems to limit my hook better than the X Hot it would replace.

Jury is still out on it making the bag, but some encouraging stuff so far.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Got out to the range this morning to continue practicing limiting my hook and to try out a J40 hybo I traded for the other day. This thing really feels SOLID, and gives a more penetrating trajectory than other hybrids I've hit in this loft range. Also with the small offset and (I think) slightly open face, it really seems to limit my hook better than the X Hot it would replace.

Jury is still out on it making the bag, but some encouraging stuff so far.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Glad it worked out well for you. Its a solid club for sure.

Glad it worked out well for you. Its a solid club for sure.

That it is, just need to get used to it a bit. The sound is amazing on a well struck shot, that's for sure.

That it is, just need to get used to it a bit. The sound is amazing on a well struck shot, that's for sure.
It and the adams pro 20 are my 2 favorite hybrids, the pro 20 for me beat the j40 by just a hair

Had a great lesson today. I've been struggling with my irons lately and my coach showed me two small things to work on and I was making great contact again. He wants me to get my hips way forward before I even start my swing and he wants me to start my swing with my chest instead of my arms. Still a long way to go, but I'm looking forward to getting out on the course and working on it.

Had a good range session this AM followed by work on the putting green. The lesson from earlier this week finally paid off as things clicked for consecutive days. Done making tinkering and ready to give it my all this next month

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

After an awful round yesterday, I went to the range this am, working on a swing change, and hit some pretty solid 7 & 8 irons. Wedges, not good full shots, but not bad 1/2 and 3/4 shots.
Then, this afternoon, went back to the range, chipped (greens are too bumpy from aerating for any legit putting work), hit 5i and 4w for half a bucket, then played 9 holes w two balls, messing around with approach shots. Hit some great ones, some not so good. Didn't keep score.

Spending a lot of time on the putting green and short game area this week to get ready for a couple member's tournaments this weekend. I've been playing a bit more than practicing as of late, but it's time to get back into the range grind. Spend about a large bucket working through the bag getting comfortable with swing plane and tempo, then it's on to short game and flat stick. I'm excited to get back into the practice mode. Leading up these next few weeks I'll be playing a lot of practice rounds as well I'm pumped and motivates!!

Got out to work on some stuff today. Started with putting, and I'm getting a lot more feel with the True Balance putter, still not making the long ones, but leaving most of the seconds close, and making a lot more intermediate ones. Went to the range after that and got a medium bucket. Working on starting the swing with rotating my hips, and also dialing in some distances. Things started off real well, but heat and a ton of non-golf work yesterday caused me to fade about 3/4 through the bucket. I kept going, but the results were sloppy. At least nice to know when my tank is empty I can still get the ball in play, just not near the distance that I'd like.

Last night hit the range,2 buckets hit them all pretty well. Testing out adding a hybrid into my bag, worked out very well. Fit my gapping well and long and straight shots from them. Seems like a perfect fit. Did some pitch and chip shots, very pleased with the results as they were all tap in range.

Lesson tomorrow. Not really sure what we'll work on, but should be good for the confidence. Jrod mentioned that it looked like I was really holding back on the driver swing thanks to my stupid hand, which would help explain some shorter than anticipated drives. Not out of this world short, but I don't have yards to spare. Hoping we can get those back.

Practice time will be limited this week, so going to have to hit the garage when I can.

It and the adams pro 20 are my 2 favorite hybrids, the pro 20 for me beat the j40 by just a hair

I would definitely agree with that, and add the x2 hot pro. When I hit Bret's in Orlando it was like a cheater club

Last night hit the range,2 buckets hit them all pretty well. Testing out adding a hybrid into my bag, worked out very well. Fit my gapping well and long and straight shots from them. Seems like a perfect fit. Did some pitch and chip shots, very pleased with the results as they were all tap in range.

Sounds like the old reliable Mashie has won yet another fan! The fact that I still haven't been able to knock my M2 and F3 out of the bag speaks volumes.

I was able to get some short game practice in this morning. Since I was the only one on the practice putting green I played a little game. 6 pins so I took 6 balls chipped to each pin to see how long it would take to get everyone up in down in the same round. Took me a good 40 mins. So many times I was 4 and 5 out of 6. Great way for me to work on my short game witjout getting bored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love playing little practice games like that. Nice work Scar!

Sounds like the old reliable Mashie has won yet another fan! The fact that I still haven't been able to knock my M2 and F3 out of the bag speaks volumes.
The force is strong with this one.

I was able to get some short game practice in this morning. Since I was the only one on the practice putting green I played a little game. 6 pins so I took 6 balls chipped to each pin to see how long it would take to get everyone up in down in the same round. Took me a good 40 mins. So many times I was 4 and 5 out of 6. Great way for me to work on my short game witjout getting bored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did something similar yesterday at lunch using one pin chipping 5 balls, and par (up and in) was my target, took about 25 min thanks to a chip in.

Finally...see a visit coming into play today!

Lesson #9 today with some range session. cant recall whats on the schedule for this one but I think its irons and driver and then we are leaving the other 3 for short game work and playing lesson, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back