Contest #1 - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right everybody, the event of a lifetime has arrived and the 1st contest is going to be a lot of fun. Before we get into how to enter, let us explain what #TheGrandaddy is for those that might now know about it. The video below shows just a couple of memories of the 2013 event and this amazing few days that are truly life changing for the participants and all expenses paid.

When & Where
California (Carlsbad & Palm Springs)
December 8th-11th, 2014

What Is It
The war to settle the score. The Grandaddy is an event involving Team THP (which is made up of 8 participants that gain entrace via contests) taking on Team Callaway's marketing department known as the Zoo Crew. They won in 2013 and THP wants to even the score this year.

What is Included
Everything, as this is an all expense paid trip
Airfare, hotel stays, transportation, dinners and SWAG that will absolutely blow your mind
Multiple rounds of golf at one of the finest courses in the country
AND SO MUCH MORE

Team THP has a captain in #Cookie that is here to lead the 7 other troops that will gain entry via these contests. Every few weeks, THP will have a new contest and the winner will be part of the team we are affectionately calling Team Basement Dweller (because internet golfers live in their mom's basements according to the Zoo Crew). Today, we are proud to kick off this amazing event with the first contest.

Contest
Last year, THP got beat pretty badly and wants revenge. One of the participants for the Zoo Crew is Jason Finley, director of marketing at Callaway Golf and he has been pretty vocal about the victory. So much so, that he gained the title of #OriginalSuperVillain and THP even had a T-Shirt made up and sent out for him. You can read about that here, as well as see pictures. Well, the #OriginalSuperVillain needs a name, because all good Super Villains have catchy names such as the Joker, Riddler, etc.

How To Enter
Your job is to come up with the #OriginalSuperVillain name that would best represent Jason Finley.

4 Steps To Success
1. Conjure up great name for the #OriginalSuperVillain
2. Post new name on Twitter and include @HackersParadise & @JasonFinleyCG as well as #OriginalSuperVillain
3. Copy Tweet and post in this thread
4. Sit back and relax and see if you are chosen for the event of a lifetime.

Rules
1. Only one entry per person
2. Your entry will be posted in this thread
3. Contest Open to all Albatross Club Members on THP. If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Deadline for the contest is Monday July 7th, 2014 at 11:59am EST.

Good luck everybody and looking forward to seeing the entries for the event of the year. The 2014 #TheGrandaddy is coming and it will be special.

And so it begins. This one will bring out some amazing creativity.

This brings back some memories. Exciting times.

Now THIS should be fun!

JM

To the drawing board we go!!

Good luck everyone, you prooooooooooobably should submit something if you're 1 - breathing, and 2 - conscious.

Bring forth the creativity fellas!

I dunno how anyone could say no to all expenses paid! This will be crazy good. Wheels are turnin...

Gotta do some research, then get my creative juices flowing!! This will turn out fantastic, whatever the result!

ooooh boyy. It begins! Can't wait!

should be lots of fun

I literally just got butterflies seeing this contest thread go up.

Super villain name huh?

Let's do this!

Awesome contest!! Can't wait to see what names people come up with.

Time to affix the thinking cap...

Thinking cap is engaged. Internet Golfers!!! To the basement!!!

Great first contest! Lot's of good names to come out of this.

Here we go...

Let the games begin!!! These should be fun to read.

So fitting that the first contest begins with the target of most THPer's reason for revenge. Time to get thinking.

Hmmm. Should be easy to pick a winner out of thousands of entries :beat-up: #thinkingcap

Man this is going to be fun to watch unfold, the battle of a lifetime!

lifeOnThePirateShip-blog_zpsbe5bd83e.jpg

I want back in. Bad.

ane6apu5.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my entry:

Here it goes. More to come!

Enter, any thought you have, write it down. Anything comes to mind, ponder it a bit. This deserves it, and so does the #OriginalSuperVillian

But he is one of the nicest guys I am privileged to know.

And i spelled villain wrong.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/Fancy_Pants66/status/483704629067546625

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"The Mouth Wedge" - <a href="https://twitter.com/hackersparadise">@HackersParadise</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonFinleyCG">@JasonFinleyCG</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OriginalSuperVillain?src=hash">#OriginalSuperVillain</a></p>— JK (@Fancy_Pants66) <a href="https://twitter.com/Fancy_Pants66/statuses/483704629067546625">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back