DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, Grapevine should be in great shape when we play. They received a ton of rain there the last week or so. It will probably be a matter of them being able to cut the grass quick enough. Looking forward to it.

TBD, when did he say he would give us tee times then?

Walter is off today so I will call him in the morning. Updated list as of today;

1. 3BD - 18 Sat.
2. Nate - 18 Fri & 36 Sat.
3. Afwcardinal 18 Fri & 36 Sat.
4. Mikeg - 18 Fri & 18 Sat.
5. Matthew
6. Gene...3BD 18 Sat.
7. Jank - 36
8. Jman
9. WardF. 36
10. Baldguy - 36
11. Texasbubba 36
12. #cookie 36 Sat.
13. djcoolaid
14. TrueFX 36
15. TrueFX friend 36
16. Niteowl - 36
17. Darin...3bd friend

Last edited:
I am in for 36 Saturday too

Ok the wife has confirmed her plans! Count me in for 18 Friday and 36 on Sat!

I would certainly hope that every single one of them does. Why would you not?

The honest truth? I know a few of them stick to this thread for the most part, and wanted to make sure a link was posted in here for that reason.

The honest truth? I know a few of them stick to this thread for the most part, and wanted to make sure a link was posted in here for that reason.

Hey, be nice to Nate, we love him even if he doesnt travel! :alien:

Solid point.

Hopefully having me as captain does not sway them from trying. :)

I played Nocona Hills CC on Sunday, and I have a recommendation for anyone thinking about playing there: don't. I will say this, plus side, we were the only ones out there. That's it for the plusses. Downsides, fairways were in worse shape than my yard (not hyperbole) and the greens were so slow I couldn't bring myself to whack the putter as hard as needed to get it there. Don't bother teeing up on par threes, as the ball already sits up about 2 inches. My partners couldn't get off the tee box on the others until they learned to tee it up higher over the grass. Another course run by the Warrior Golf management co...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played Nocona Hills CC on Sunday, and I have a recommendation for anyone thinking about playing there: don't. I will say this, plus side, we were the only ones out there. That's it for the plusses. Downsides, fairways were in worse shape than my yard (not hyperbole) and the greens were so slow I couldn't bring myself to whack the putter as hard as needed to get it there. Don't bother teeing up on par threes, as the ball already sits up about 2 inches. My partners couldn't get off the tee box on the others until they learned to tee it up higher over the grass. Another course run by the Warrior Golf management co...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That course never has crossed my mind. I have seen what the want for green fees. It has to be worse than a goat track.

I have less than a week to sign up for the qualifier for the mid am this August. I need to decide now.

I have less than a week to sign up for the qualifier for the mid am this August. I need to decide now.

Mute point...get the pen and acceptance speech out my friend.

You now have the putter heading in the right direction. Do it. If nothing other than for the experience.

That is my second time playing the course in the last two weeks. I really have enjoyed it. Like I said last week, not the best shape in the area, but not bad. I liked it enough to come back out.
How did you do in that wind? Some of those holes, it really effected the play.

Wellllll, I made a 10 on #2. But, it wasn't because of the wind. haha. Ended up shooting 84 (Blue Tees). I also found out that the river behind #18 green is in play. I went after that back pin and "over pured" a 5 iron...tripled that one. The wind really got me on 16. I was about 215. Probably 200 to carry the pond. I absolutely pured a 2H. When, I hit it, I thought it was gonna be 30' pin high right for eagle. It didn't come close to carrying the water. Missed an eagle on 4. Birdied 9. Except for #2, I actually hit the ball pretty good, which surprised me.

Nice job on the Turkey (3 birdies in a row)!!!! Birdieing 2 is worth 2-3 shots on the field.

Thanks. I was extremely happy to birdie #2. Such a tough hole with that wind. The others in the group has some issues like yours. #3s birdie was impressive for me also. I wasn't going for the green in two. I was right of the fairway, protecting from the hook, and was trying to hit the hybrid up to a good wedge distance. I took it up between the two trees and faded it up the hill. When err got up there, Isne green at the lower end. Long eagle putt, that I almost holed. Extremely happy with back to back birds. The third one made me nervous. How I can do it again. I will temper the nerves this time.

Wellllll, I made a 10 on #2. But, it wasn't because of the wind. haha. Ended up shooting 84 (Blue Tees). I also found out that the river behind #18 green is in play. I went after that back pin and "over pured" a 5 iron...tripled that one. The wind really got me on 16. I was about 215. Probably 200 to carry the pond. I absolutely pured a 2H. When, I hit it, I thought it was gonna be 30' pin high right for eagle. It didn't come close to carrying the water. Missed an eagle on 4. Birdied 9. Except for #2, I actually hit the ball pretty good, which surprised me.

Nice job on the Turkey (3 birdies in a row)!!!! Birdieing 2 is worth 2-3 shots on the field.
Also, didn't know the river was behind 18. Sorry, that just made me laugh thinking about it. Who knew the river was that close to the green.

1. 3BD - 18 Sat.
2. Nate - 18 Fri & 36 Sat.
3. Afwcardinal 18 Fri & 36 Sat.
4. Mikeg - 18 Fri & 18 Sat.
5. Matthew
6. Gene...3BD 18 Sat.
7. Jank - 36
8. Jman
9. WardF. 36
10. Baldguy - 36
11. Texasbubba 36
12. #cookie 36 Sat.
13. djcoolaid
14. Niteowl - 36
15. Darin...3bd friend

I just dropped Truefx and his friend. They can't make it down to the DFW, and then back up to the Senior Open that weekend.

Looks good, Grapevine is a great idea IMO!

Im in for 18 friday as well if there is room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back