The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

75 degrees is hysterical. It has felt like the equator there at times.

Dude, you aren't lying lol.

Good morning July. It's nice to meet you.

I should try to get a round in today, or at least head to the range. Stupid hot and humid here today, even at 9AM.

I'm ready to get it on. It's been a great experience from day one, but in my mind I am ready to move on to the final stage. I certainly won't want the weekend to end after stepping foot in Myrtle Beach, but I'm ready to start winding down the journey.

We have been talking about July for several months now and it is finally here! This July feels different. Strange...

Dude, you aren't lying lol.

So you guys are saying it's going to be a little warm? Should I still pack a couple of sweatshirts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It gets pretty brutal here. It's all part of the fun though. I know I'll be sweating up a storm on the range, but I'm used to it. Nothing we can do to change the weather.

I'm ready to get it on. It's been a great experience from day one, but in my mind I am ready to move on to the final stage. I certainly won't want the weekend to end after stepping foot in Myrtle Beach, but I'm ready to start winding down the journey.
I can imagine your feelings as you jumped right from #TheGrandaddy into the #THPMC, that is a long time to focus like a laser on the goal of improvement and refinement.

I'm not sure how I feel. The grind has been tough but in a good way, and it feels so good working towards something. When this ride is over, I don't want to just be adrift in the sea of golf, but I'm not sure what I'll focus on once the #THPMC is done.

Couldnt have said it any better myself

I have been pretty darn concerned about this lately, as even Cincinnati has been around 95 and just Sauna-like humid. I'm either in the absolute perfect 'practice' world for the Myrtle humidity, or it's going to be nothing short of unbearable there later this month. I'm hoping for the former, but this last year has seen some WEIRD weather.

Wait it gets hot in Myrtle Beach during the summer?

I imagine the humidity here is south georgia is close to what wr will be facing there. All I can say is that the afternoon rounds should be very interesting. You can have all the game you want , but if your not conditioned for it the heat is going to cost some strokes..

I can imagine your feelings as you jumped right from #TheGrandaddy into the #THPMC, that is a long time to focus like a laser on the goal of improvement and refinement.

I'm not sure how I feel. The grind has been tough but in a good way, and it feels so good working towards something. When this ride is over, I don't want to just be adrift in the sea of golf, but I'm not sure what I'll focus on once the #THPMC is done.

Oh, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. It's shown me a lot about what I'm capable of and I've gained a great deal of personal satisfaction from a number of things related to the journey. It's just time for the culmination in my mind.

As for afterwards, I'm not sure what that'll bring. I may be out of golf for a short while anyway, which will be pretty difficult. I still enjoyed playing after the 2012 MC. The trips to the range weren't the same though.

wow of all the places for weather talk :alien:

Spoiler alert, its hot and stick in MB in July

wow of all the places for weather talk :alien:

Spoiler alert, its hot and stick in MB in July

I think this is more 'temperature' talk than weather talk. Don't bring that questionable juju in hear MD!

I think this is more 'temperature' talk than weather talk. Don't bring that questionable juju in hear MD!

I covered your concern in my spoiler alert

Pro Tip: dont forget the sunscreen

I covered your concern in my spoiler alert

Pro Tip: dont forget the sunscreen

I actually found last year to be quite reasonable. Based on the conversations had, it was nothing like 2012.

I actually found last year to be quite reasonable. Based on the conversations had, it was nothing like 2012.

it was not nearly as bad. 2012 was relentless

If it's hot like 2012 I'm just hoping skinny Hawk doesn't sweat like chubby Hawk. Please.

If it's hot like 2012 I'm just hoping skinny Hawk doesn't sweat like chubby Hawk. Please.

The Legend of Hawksweat was born

Last year was perfect for golf. Little sticky at times but nothing miserable. Structure shirts will be worn.

Well....hello there July!

In about three weeks and a day the Big Time/ATL bro hug will commence

Can't wait.

Last year was perfect for golf. Little sticky at times but nothing miserable. Structure shirts will be worn.

2 years ago was stupid hot

Back