The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the replay of Wimbledon on the tennis channel and a commercial for Hotwire comes on showing 2 guys talking about getting a room together at a low price. I has my wife watch it again to make sure I wasn't making it up.

Not here to debate whether right or wrong I was just surprised to see this on the tennis channel!! Ha!!

Good to see, IMO. Refreshing to actually see a commercial that isn't the normal straight couple.

On a different note, I miss tyno.

Good to see, IMO. Refreshing to actually see a commercial that isn't the normal straight couple.

On a different note, I miss tyno.

That's weird you would think that Jersey. Didn't see that coming. Ha!!! Again, wasn't the issue of it, just caught by surprise. They say commercials are made for target audiences.

The misinformation about graphite shafts still baffles me. I don't get why people still believe graphite shafts won't hold up to the faster end swing speeds.

The misinformation about graphite shafts still baffles me. I don't get why people still believe graphite shafts won't hold up to the faster end swing speeds.

Its not going to change. It happened when graphite came to woods too.
Same thing about weight, etc. Watching the fastest swingers on tour hit a 43gram shaft and then hear that it does not hold up to fast swing speeds. I just dont discuss it much anymore.

Its not going to change. It happened when graphite came to woods too.
Same thing about weight, etc. Watching the fastest swingers on tour hit a 43gram shaft and then hear that it does not hold up to fast swing speeds. I just dont discuss it much anymore.

I know the fight to get people to accept that the new graphite can handle any SS is going to continue graphite goes mainstream, but I feel that just letting the misinformed share bad data without rebutting it is just as bad as putting the info out there.

Light weight works for some and hopefully when my swing gets better I can start going that direction. I don't mind the funny looks when I say the weight of my driver, 3wd and hybo shafts but I feel I could get more SS out of lighter shafts but I don't control them well at the moment.

This has been a good week for me. Got to tee it up with some THP'ers over the weekend and came home to a job offer that I've been waiting on for some time. Tack on a 3.5 day work week and it's shaping up to be an awesome week!

Glad to hear it buddy.

Busy morning so far. Got all the trip put up in the bathroom, just need some paint and caulking to finish now. Regripped my Burner 2.0s.... still on the fence on if I cut the cord on them and go Altitudes full time.

Another windy/cold day. 14C outside. What sort of garbage weather is this.

What the hell is going on up there dude.

2nd year in a row with disgusting weather. Supposedly the wettest June in Manitoba EVER. Does not bode well for the farmers, fields under water... plenty that didn't even get crops in the ground.

Pretty depressing year for golf. I make changes to my life and my job so that I can dedicate more time to golf.... and the weather takes it all away from me. Finally get in with a group of guys that want to play as much as I do, and love to have fun on the course... and we have been out 2 times all season due to the terrible weather.

Spending a little less time on THP and more focusing on my family and work. In the short term, it's working. Just gotta continue to work on the balance

Spending a little less time on THP and more focusing on my family and work. In the short term, it's working. Just gotta continue to work on the balance

Family and work come first brother. THP will be here when you are ready.

What the hell is going on up there dude.

We all had jackets on this morning and had to pull out some things from the winter bin. Wet and cold this summer.

When I walked into the office this morning, the wall below was blank (no cable, no table, etc).

The things I do for my country. :)

Will clean up later with proper mounting etc. got filthy this morning tapping into cable next office over and running coax through ceiling.

You're a true patriot pound cookie.

I was going to eat an ice cream sandwich with lunch, but then I thought what would Clint Dempsey do? So I changed to a Bomb Pop.

Now that is an office!!! Nice Cookie.

Golf and TV, what else could you want?

Oh wait....vodka.

But.....not at work. ;)

Golf and TV, what else could you want?

Oh wait....vodka.

But.....not at work. ;)
Your setup is way better than mine. Espn radio streamed through my phone. #amateurhour

TV on copy paper. #Merica

Holy sh!t. Sometimes you get an offer that is like knock you on your as$, sit down and take stock of a few things.

Holy sh!t. Sometimes you get an offer that is like knock you on your as$, sit down and take stock of a few things.

Hopefully congratulations are in order then! :TU:

JM

what-does-that-even-mean.jpg

Hope it's great news!

Sorry for the vague post guys. Right now it means absolutely nothing. Just incredibly flattering and validates the hard work that goes into certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back