How do you mark your balls?

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not talking on the green, I'm talking about marking with a sharpie or something to identify, my two coaches taught me to always do it, so I've done it with a Sharpie ever since, I do mine dependent on my school colors and University of
Tennessee colors. JV before I moved was Orange/Black, Varsity after I moved was Blue/Yellow(Gold). But now that I've graduated I use Purple/Yellow(Tennessee Tech University colors) and Orange(UT) and then I'll mix it up by using HS or other colors such as Illinois' blue and orange. Complicated, but it works for me, I have my own precious set of sharpies.

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

I put one red dot with a sharpie just above the logo.

I use a blue, fine point marker and write S2S2 on the ball. It stands for "Swing slow, swing short".

I mark mine with a red alignment line w/ a sharpie and I also use an American flag (Tin Cup) just below one of the logos.

With the letters THP.

I rarely mark my balls. Just ask what other peeps are playing to see if I need to or not. Usually the brand/number is enough to identify mine.

blue dot next to the number if I have to mark it (usually only in tourneys).

I extend the putting line and put a dot low and right of the ball number

That's why I play slazenger... Hardly anyone I've met plays them so I don't have to worry about marking them. It doesn't matter though because the last time I played the other 3 guys in my group were playing any ball close to where they thought their ball landed...

I've still got a few older slazenger balls to lose then Ill work on losing my latest purchase of 20 Orlimar balls... Paid for 24 but got 20 in the box... From Fort Jackson's PX even. Yay me! It looks like the box fell off the shelf and opened and I guess they recovered as many as they could.

ill just play a ball that the others in my group aren't. I've got enough in my shag ball pocket to account for that.

I'm not talking on the green, I'm talking about marking with a sharpie or something to identify, my two coaches taught me to always do it, so I've done it with a Sharpie ever since, I do mine dependent on my school colors and University of
Tennessee colors. JV before I moved was Orange/Black, Varsity after I moved was Blue/Yellow(Gold). But now that I've graduated I use Purple/Yellow(Tennessee Tech University colors) and Orange(UT) and then I'll mix it up by using HS or other colors such as Illinois' blue and orange. Complicated, but it works for me, I have my own precious set of sharpies.

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S
I draw a Power T with an orange Sharpe

Go Big Orange

With a red sharpie. Currently using Callaway, so I put a dot in the middle of the logo.

When I used Titleist, I dotted the i (Buckeye fans will understand).

I've been marking mine with a big E.

Single blue dot low right of the OEMs logo

Green dot below logo and green putting line

Three green dots around the number. Been doing this for 20 years.

I have four colors, orange, yellow, blue, and green (totally random colors, I had each of my girls pick two from about 20). I make a diamond shape with dots in the dimples just below the logo and to the left on each side. It is colorful and unique. Actually was putting on the practice green one day with them and someone noticed them and pulled one I lost out of their bag. That is for the game balls.

For those times when I'm just goofing off or playing scrambles, I just use random balls that I've found so I just pull a marker and put an X over the logo. That way I don't have to worry about what I hit, I can just say it is the one with the X on it.

When I first started I used the pre-marked balls that some courses provide ...

I used to use my golf buddies name and number ... but he seemed to not like that idea???

So now I use iSuk with lines ... serves two purposes ... 1) When people find them in their backyard they know iSuk ... 2) I can clearly see which ball is mine from the cart path while it rest in their backyard (sometimes in the field of play)

5e3e7ery.jpg

Putting alignment aid, plus the number 42, or 137 if I'm playing like crap recently or putting a shag bag ball in play on a hole I tend to lose balls on :(

I rarely mark mine as I am usually the only person playing yellow balls in my group, but when I do I like to use a red dot and and a black dot above the logo, UGA colors.

Back