Hi! Newbie from the UK Here!

BRISTOL86

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

New golf addict here from the UK!

I'm only just starting, so my game is....umm...."basic" at the moment :embarrassed: (read...terrible!) but I'm very keen, committed to learn and looking forward to the challenges ahead!

I have a quick question, I'm going to the driving range once a week at the moment and hitting 100 balls, and I'm getting blisters every time, on the bottom of my index finger and outside of my ring finger (both on the right hand) - I am right handed, so the "top" hand.

Is this normal for new golfers? Or is this indicative of problems in my set up/grip?

Thanks!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and this is the place to be as a new golfer. You'll be overwhelmed with all the information but you will learn a TON about the game. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to the team!

Welcome!

Welcome! If Bristol refers to your location, you're not far from the Summer Cup today and tomorrow, you could pop in and witness the hangovers!!

On your hands, I'm right handed but I'd say my left was top hand as it's nearest the end of the club??? I get calluses in those exact places on my right hand but a quick post in the swing tips section will set you right I'm sure.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! If Bristol refers to your location, you're not far from the Summer Cup today and tomorrow, you could pop in and witness the hangovers!!

On your hands, I'm right handed but I'd say my left was top hand as it's nearest the end of the club??? I get calluses in those exact places on my right hand but a quick post in the swing tips section will set you right I'm sure.

It certainly does! Though I'm nursing a hangover myself so certainly not going out anywhere today! :laugh:

Yeah I called it my "top hand" as it going on over the top of the left hand when taking my grip....it made more sense in my head! Will post in the swing tips section for sure, thanks!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to thp

:welcome:

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP mate!

welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP.