What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, a friend invited me to play as a guest.

We played from 11:00am until 9:30Pm.
We got 45 holes in, and I shot some of my best golf ever!

Course played 6127 Yds, the front 9 played 3001 Yds.

My wedges were solid, leaving me with decent putting opportunities, and my putting helped.

45 holes, 2 three putts, 14 one putts.

Played my first ever 5 hole stretch under par, but followed by +6 on the next two holes. (Penalty, and lost ball just off fairway, and one of my three putts)

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

Pretty happy with how it went, my buddy even called me today to say how impressed he was!

My wedges were solid, leaving me with decent putting opportunities, and my putting helped.

Played my first ever 5 hole stretch under par, but followed by +6 on the next two holes. (Penalty, and lost ball just off fairway, and one of my three putts)

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

Pretty happy with how it went, my buddy even called me today to say how impressed he was!

Very nice CJ. Looks like your game is coming along nicely. Keep it up.

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

Proud of you buddy. Really freaking proud of you.

Do work CJ!

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

That's awesome stuff CJ!

Proud of you buddy. Really freaking proud of you.

Thank you!
It was short, we tee'd it up a little as the next set were a touch over 6600 yds.
It was fun shooting into greens with 6-8 irons instead of hybrids.

And when I didn't have it, I laid up to 95-110 , and I made my share of putts.
When I got in trouble I took my medicine.

Was a lot of fun.

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

Great shooting buddy

Man CJ you sir are playing some great golf. Keep it up brother and youll be shooting lower 80's like no other...

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

Man CJ you sir are playing some great golf. Keep it up brother and youll be shooting lower 80's like no other...

Honestly, I truly believe playing the same 9 holes over and over helped, I found myself knowing what areas of the greens to avoid/aim for, where to aim away from trouble, and where my lay ups were.

47/45 is probably more where I'm at than 42/43, but I'll take it where and when I can get it!

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

Awesome CJ, I think its time for you to bring your game south for some ozarks golf, grab tyler and we can play all weekend

Awesome CJ, I think its time for you to bring your game south for some ozarks golf, grab tyler and we can play all weekend
Let me know if you need a fourth (and make it in the FALL).

Let me know if you need a fourth (and make it in the FALL).
It will be in the fall (perfect weather here then) and my brother you know you always have an open invitation

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

Well done CJ. Playing shorter distance tracks was going to be my next recommendation for you. Great to see things coming along!

played 9 after work and before the evening hatch. Shot a 39. Didnt have much control tonight, and kind of scrambled to a decent score. A 2-putt birdie from 20ft on #4 was the highlight, as the two shots I hit to get there were exactly as drawn up and good as i can hit them. I feel like things are starting to come around.

played 9 after work and before the evening hatch. Shot a 39. Didnt have much control tonight, and kind of scrambled to a decent score. A 2-putt birdie from 20ft on #4 was the highlight, as the two shots I hit to get there were exactly as drawn up and good as i can hit them. I feel like things are starting to come around.

39 is 39. Nice round dude.

39 is 39. Nice round dude.
My thoughts exactly
See above. Good work :)

Shot another 44. Feeling stuck, shooting about the same nearly every time I head out. 4/7 fairways, and one of those was putting it in a fairway bunker that juts out into the fairway. Made par on that hole, though. My putting needs to tighten up; left a lot of putts short, skimmed edges.

Not mad about this round, but not super-happy, either.

Hit 24/35 fairways
Driver distance coming.

A) that us a ton if freaking golf and B) those are some great scores. Way to go CJ!

Played 36 at Ironhorse in Tuscola yesterday, shot a 92 and 95, played really well there are 3 holes there that just have my number. 8, 9, and 18 I just cannot get off the tee well there at all for some reason.

Yesterday I payed Valleybrook at around 6300 yards after being away for the weekend. What an up and down round, front 9 41, back 9 47 for an 88. Front 9 I kept the ball in front of me and didn't make anything worse than bogey. Back 9 I made some really careless mental errors in trying to push for a good score and it backfired. Tee game was OK, pulled a few driver swings on the back 9. Short game was miles better than my previous couple rounds, leading to my having zero three putts for the entire round. Reading JB's short game shape up thread along with some tips from my MC captain Howzat really made a difference here. I just need to keep myself extended through the zone...I have a bad habit of breaking down on the right side instead of keeping the arm straight through impact, and it creates a pull/hook miss that just frustrates me to no end.

38 on the front of a tight course up in Maine this am. Decent, but still some holes

42. I need to chip and putt better. Could have been good. two penalty strokes hurt.

42. I need to chip and putt better. Could have been good. two penalty strokes hurt.

I hate penalty strokes. 95% of the time they are idiot strokes for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back