Favorite Cut Of Meat

I've always been a ribeye guy. 20+ years ago worked for a nice grocery and they would have $2.99 whole ribeye sales around Memorial Day weekend. I would get a slab trimmed & cut into 1 1/4" steaks along with a 20% employee discount for $30 or so... My Dad had just gotten a new grill sometime around then and we ate like Kings that summer.

I grill exclusively off charcoal now and flat-iron steaks provide excellent value for flavor and portion control. Wife & I played a round of golf Friday with some friends and we fired up the Weber when we got home. Seasoned with some Montreal steak seasoning, cooked to medium and cross cut. Served with baked potatos and pasta salad = premo dinner.

For me a medium rare rib-eye or a smoked prime rib that I make for the holidays.
u8ugu2ud.jpg
e3erygut.jpg

Bone in Cowboy Ribeye!

Recently gotten hooked on ribeyes, best cut for the money in my opinion...but I really don't discriminate when it comes to beef

Depends on the restaurant. Some steakhouses, filet all the way. Most, NY Strip.

Last fancy steak at a steakhouse I had was a Delmonico. That was really good.

I am usually a filet guy if I am ordering . But if cooked right I enjoy all cuts

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I love 'em all, but favorites are sirloin, filet and prime rib. As long as it is trimmed and cooked well though I will eat it all.

I love to pan-fry, so the ribeye is my steak of choice.

Ribeye follwed by sirloin are my favorites.
Of course I really love some good fried deer steak with some biscuits, rice and gravy. Is it hunting season yet??

Ideally... give me a filet!

However, I will not complain one second with a nice Strip!

For me a medium rare rib-eye or a smoked prime rib that I make for the holidays.
u8ugu2ud.jpg
e3erygut.jpg

We need to talk. I want your recipe for smoking that prime rib. I've smoked tons of briskets, but never a prime rib.

Filet mignon is probably my favorite. Always so tender and juicy. Center cut sirloin is also pretty good. But to be fair, a little bit of brining and I can make most cuts of steak tender and juicy.

~Rock

I'm a ribeye guy myself. Grill it to a nice rare and I am in heaven.

Call me cheap or unrefined, but I am partial to a sirloin. A sirloin has plenty of flavor and I like the cost. If I am treating myself I like a strip.

We need to talk. I want your recipe for smoking that prime rib. I've smoked tons of briskets, but never a prime rib.

+1

I would love to smoke a prime rib!

Very easy to do and only 3-4 hours till done.

I am partial to a good NY Strip

For many years I was a Filet guy but realized I was always looking for a great pairing - sauce or topping. About 2 years ago I went full-on ribeye and haven't looked back. It has to be ordered from the right place, marbling, not fat but with the right cut and rub it's fantastic.

I'm a vegetarian but when I did eat meat way back when I loved a dry aged ribeye.

Rib-eye (cooked medium rare)

Sirloin medium rare, hot grill and 2 minutes per side. People slack on the goodness of the sirloin.

Filet. RARE.

Back