The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss, Sean. Have a safe trip and reminisce with family and friends.

Sorry for your loss Toad.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Sean. My condolences.

Sorry to hear about your loss Sean. My condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear that Sean. Sad times but sounds like you'll all have great memories to share together about your Grandmother.

I'm sorry Sean. We're here buddy if you need to reach out. Safe travels my friend

Condolences for your loss Sean. Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Safe travels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Sean. Safe travels to Indy.

This is going here because it's not really a rant, just kind of lousy.
My last remaining grandparent passed this morning.
Sad, yes, but we're all happy she's better off now and no longer hiding her pain.

See, she apparently had some pretty big issues and never told anyone. She has always been the type of woman to always do the most she could for others while never letting you worry about her over anything. Turns out she had a pretty major heart problem and after landing in the hospital for pneumonia, the heart just couldn't keep up. The family had no idea until the doctor said something while they were in the room visiting with her.

She accepted the fact she was really sick and just told the doctors to 'take out all these tubes'. He told her she wouldn't survive without help, but she insisted. She wasn't about to go through surgery and recovery. She knew her time had come and was good with that. In fact, when I visited her during my time in Indy for the Invitational, she told me as much.
"Sean, I'm 84 and have led a great life! How long does a person need to live, anyway? I'm happy and know that I have nothing left to do on this Earth." I guess I should have seen it coming after that.

Anyway, after the nurses complied with Dr's orders, she had about an hour to say her goodbyes, she had some messages for certain people, and passed peacefully surrounded by love.

I'm on my way to Indy tomorrow for the rest of the week. It will be a reunion of a rather large family coming together again to honor her life. I'm sure it might hit me harder later, but now I know she is better off and no longer hurting.

Anyway, I'm more relieved than saddened right now. She left us on her terms and was happy with that. She was 84. Facebooked with the family every day, and her cover photo was her in a Colts jersey with a big grin on her face.

RIP Grammy

Sorry for your loss. Sean. I love your attitude. Celebrate her life.

I am so sorry for your loss, Sean! Sounds like a remarkable woman, and it truly is a blessing that she was able to take her final breaths on her own terms.

Sean: sorry for the loss of your Grammy but it is obvious she lived a wonderful life.

Cherish the time in Indy with family and celebrate her life my friend.

Sean sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like a hell of a person. Leaving on her terms is something not everyone gets to do.

Sean, thoughts are with you and your family dude.

So sorry, Sean. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Sorry for your loss Sean. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Prayers headed your way Sean, Sorry to read this .

So sorry for your loss Sean

Sean, my thoughts and prayers are with you bud. Your Grammy was most certainly special and strong enough to make her wishes known. Be careful in your travels and celebrate her life when you get to Indy.

JM

My condolences T0Ad. She sounded like a heck of a woman! Very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear, Toad.

Sean my thoughts are with you. I know she is in a better place, but it still hurts. Stay strong.

If Freddie and #Cookie had a baby, would it look like this?

27086C90-A9DD-4C4F-8889-F8E41C67D76C_zpsqdmxns0b.png

Hahahaha. I stole it off my Facebook feed (yeah, that's it).

Yeah, whatever.

Lord help us all if the Panda and Cookie have a love child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back