DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries, I always play the whites for guys that have never played the course before. And since we're a 5'some it will help speed up play too. Besides, just when you think you can relax after a good tee shot and then a good approach shot, you have the greens to figure out. Everyone will have enough on their plate as is. What's funny is I actually shoot better from 6,700 yards than the 6,300 yards. Damn 50 yard shots!!

Yeah, we have video evidence of your proficiency with that shot somewhere.

The weekend is almost here. Who is ready for some awesome golf with the best group of people anywhere?

Yeah, we have video evidence of your proficiency with that shot somewhere.

Not unless you want me to capture some fun with one of your shots!!! Remember that!

Time moved to 1:23pm in Friday. Thanks guys for agreeing. TBD, just get there as fast as you can! You don't need no stinking warm up!

man I really gotta keep up. I just realized we had to move to Grapevine for this weekend. One one hand that's a bummer... but on the other hand it's cheaper and closer. and they actually are willing to accommodate a large group (the $50 booking fee notwithstanding... wth?). This is me confirming that I am still in for at least the first 18. the second 18 will depend on the heat and how many folks actually want to stick around. I think I read all the pertinent infos, but just to be sure - the second 18 is like "standby" because it's cart fee only, correct? Meaning we don't book the tee time in advance, but if there's room we can go back out for just the cart fee? If I misunderstood and a spot is already booked in my name then I'm definitely in. If not... we'll see :)

Yes I had to pay a $50 booking fee that does not apply to the green fees. Yes I did not book a second tee time so everyone can just pay a replay fee and you are still on the list, all is good.

capt.dru - know for sure either way yet?

Friday, 7/11

1) Nate
2) afwcardinal
3) mikeg
4) Threeboysdad
5) BigTex

Saturday, 7/12 AM

1) threeboysdad
2) Nate
3) afwcardinal
4) mikeg
5) Gene (friend of 3bd)
6) Jank
7) Wardf
8) baldguy
9) texasbubba
10) #cookie
11) niteowl
12) Darin (friend of 3bd)
13) jman
14) matthew
15) capt.dru (maybe)

Saturday, 7/12 PM

1) Nate
2) afwcardinal
3) Jank
4) Wardf
5) baldguy
6) texasbubba
7) #cookie
8) niteowl
9) jman
10) matthew
11) capt.dru (maybe)

?????
djcoolaid

Im out cookie.

Updated.

Friday, 7/11

1) Nate
2) afwcardinal
3) mikeg
4) Threeboysdad
5) BigTex

Saturday, 7/12 AM

1) threeboysdad
2) Nate
3) afwcardinal
4) mikeg
5) Gene (friend of 3bd)
6) Jank
7) Wardf
8) baldguy
9) texasbubba
10) #cookie
11) niteowl
13) jman
14) matthew

Saturday, 7/12 PM

1) Nate
2) afwcardinal
3) Jank
4) Wardf
5) baldguy
6) texasbubba
7) #cookie
8) niteowl
9) jman
10) matthew

?????
djcoolaid

Updated.

Friday, 7/11

1) Nate
2) afwcardinal
3) mikeg
4) Threeboysdad
5) BigTex

Saturday, 7/12 AM

1) threeboysdad
2) Nate
3) afwcardinal
4) mikeg
5) Gene (friend of 3bd)
6) Jank
7) Wardf
8) baldguy
9) texasbubba
10) #cookie
11) niteowl
13) jman
14) matthew

Saturday, 7/12 PM

1) Nate
2) afwcardinal
3) Jank
4) Wardf
5) baldguy
6) texasbubba
7) #cookie
8) niteowl
9) jman
10) matthew

DJ is out

14 for the first round, not bad. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

capt.dru - know for sure either way yet?

Friday, 7/11

1) Nate
2) afwcardinal
3) mikeg
4) Threeboysdad
5) BigTex

Saturday, 7/12 AM

1) threeboysdad
2) Nate
3) afwcardinal
4) mikeg
5) Gene (friend of 3bd)
6) Jank
7) Wardf
8) baldguy
9) texasbubba
10) #cookie
11) niteowl
13) jman
14) matthew
15) capt.dru (maybe)

Saturday, 7/12 PM

1) Nate
2) afwcardinal
3) Jank
4) Wardf
5) baldguy
6) texasbubba
7) #cookie
8) niteowl
9) jman
10) matthew
11) capt.dru (maybe)

?????
djcoolaid

Gonna be an awesome THP DFW weekend. Wish I could be there. Y'all have fun!!!!

Gonna be an awesome THP DFW weekend. Wish I could be there. Y'all have fun!!!!

Miss you Doug! We need to play soon one day. Would be up for meeting at that course in Arlington you posted up a few months ago where Bryron and Hogan learned to play golf at but they are closing.

DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Saturday morning pairings
First tee time is 7:40

1. 3bd
2. Gene
3. Darin
4. Jank
5. texasbubba

6. #cookie
7. Wardf
8. Jman
9. niteowl
10. Nate

11. afwcardinal
12. matthew
13. mikeg
14. baldguy

Afternoon round

1. Nate
2. Jank
3. afwcardinal
4. niteowl
5. wardf

6. Jman
7. #cookie
8. matthew
9. baldguy
10. texasbubba

Let me know if this will work for everyone. I tried not to double up anyone but you know how it goes. At least we get to play fivesomes so that helped.

Last edited:
Thanks TBD. Appreciate you getting this together. I'm good with the pairings.

If I'm in the last group in the morning and the first group in the afternoon, somebody better have my lunch already on the table when I show up after the round.

Thanks for getting me on the first group in the afternoon. I probably can't hang around too long afterwards since I am trying to get back into Houston for a little shindig.

Thanks again for setting everything up!

How early are the tee times on Sat AM? I think I'm good in the last group, but just making sure

How early are the tee times on Sat AM? I think I'm good in the last group, but just making sure
We will work to accommodate you if there needs to be changes. I think everyone would agree with that. We just want everyone to have a good time.

Something from our Denver brothers. Thought someone might be interested. I know I am.

From milehighgolfer's post:
In the beginning planning stage for a local get-together in the Denver area for the morning of August 16th. We did this last year and had a good time and I am hoping for a larger turnout with all the new members in the area. I encourage everyone to bring a friend along to play as well. This would be an excellent way to introduce them to THP and show that we are really normal people! I'll try my best to keep the costs down to below $50 with cart and still have it at a good course. Last year we had some contests with prizes and we will repeat that again this year.<br />
<br />
All out of state members are welcome and I will do the legwork for hotels if needed. You Texans, Sooners, Cornhuskers, Jayhawks, Cowboys, Lobos, and CJ :D should try to make the trip for a great weekend of golf.<br />
<br />
So what I am looking for in this thread is a headcount of those who plan to attend and I will update this post to show who's coming.<br/>

Bunch of hippie dope smokers.:glasses-cool: :angel:

I'm hungry :cake:

:D

Can't wait to see everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back