The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started thinking I was in diabetic shock or something. My mind was going all over the place. My entire family is diabetic, and I have avoided blood work for a few years now (I pass out), but I do think it's time I get that checked. I don't come from the healthiest bloodline, so it might be good to see if I am headed in a bad direction. Especially because I have fallen off wagon of health lately, and been stress eating like it's my job.

Shoulda seen the needle they injected the cortisone into my shoulder with. Speaking of wanting to pass out.

Hope you guys feel better.

Shoulda seen the needle they injected the cortisone into my shoulder with. Speaking of wanting to pass out.

Hope you guys feel better.

I am so bad with that stuff, that when I was a kid I went with my mom to a blood mobile where she donated blood, and I was the one who need to lay down. I almost passed out and they had to give me juice and cookies. Ask JB about the time I had to have blood taken. They had to call him from the blood center to come pick me up because I passed out 4 times. They actually had to carry me to a room in the back so I could lay down, because every time they tried to wake me up in the chair I would pass out again.

I am so bad with that stuff, that when I was a kid I went with my mom to a blood mobile where she donated blood, and I was the one who need to lay down. I almost passed out and they had to give me juice and cookies. Ask JB about the time I had to have blood taken. They had to call him from the blood center to come pick me up because I passed out 4 times. They actually had to carry me to a room in the back so I could lay down, because every time they tried to wake me up in the chair I would pass out again.

Wow...you're a tough guy too wtf!

I hate needles. Luckily I don't pass out though I just get sick to my stomach.

I started thinking I was in diabetic shock or something. My mind was going all over the place. My entire family is diabetic, and I have avoided blood work for a few years now (I pass out), but I do think it's time I get that checked. I don't come from the healthiest bloodline, so it might be good to see if I am headed in a bad direction. Especially because I have fallen off the wagon of health lately, and been stress eating like it's my job.

If diabetes runs in your family, it is very important to keep a check on this. Just saying if you keep having symptoms like last night, it's time to hit the lab to see if any abnormal results pop up. You and JB both are under tons of stress daily and stress can lead to illness because it weakens the body's immune system. I'm no medical expert however I know for a fact that stress can take your body out of it's normal rhythm.

Wow...you're a tough guy too wtf!

I hate needles. Luckily I don't pass out though I just get sick to my stomach.

The funny thing is that needles don't really scare me, it's the thought of my blood leaving my body that gets me, and then down I go.

If diabetes runs in your family, it is very important to keep a check on this. Just saying if you keep having symptoms like last night, it's time to hit the lab to see if any abnormal results pop up. You and JB both are under tons of stress daily and stress can lead to illness because it weakens the body's immune system. I'm no medical expert however I know for a fact that stress can take your body out of it's normal rhythm.

Diabetes is very strong in my family, both my parents have it and just about everyone on my mom's side of the family has/had it. I am sure it's not that, and it was just my mind in a panic last night, but I do know it's something I should get checked.

Diabetes is very strong in my family, both my parents have it and just about everyone on my mom's side of the family has/had it. I am sure it's not that, and it was just my mind in a panic last night, but I do know it's something I should get checked.

My Mom had and my brother has diabetes so it runs in my family too. I have yearly blood work for that reason. It's something that can be managed if diagnosed and lifestyle changed. I struggle with a sweet tooth and love ice cream. It's my down fall. I have to really fight the urge not to hit the local Dairy Queen, which is right across the road from our sub division. :beat-up:

I hope both of you are feeling better.

I used to be deathly afraid of needles. Then I had pulmonary embolism from a DVT and I was in the hospital for a few days and they turned me into a human pin cushion. Not so much afraid of needles now...

I'll echo the sentiments of OG. If Diabetes runs in your family and it's been a few years since you had bloodwork done, you should get in for it right away.

It runs on my moms side and a few years ago the Dr told me I was on the cusp of it, if I didn't make some dietary changes. As tough as that was/is. It is a lot better than dealing with the shots and monitoring my sugar several times a day.

Wow. When I was a kid I hated shots so much I would get cavities filled without novocaine.

I am loving this kickstarter. Deeply pondering one as I bring a cooler out for just about everything I do (tailgaiting etc) my dad grabbed one and I may be next.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryangrepper/coolest-cooler-21st-century-cooler-thats-actually

photo-main.jpg

That thing picked up $16k just while I was reading about it.

Yep. Dude is raking in the $$ right now...

I am very excited as I ordered one just a few minutes ago

I saw that yesterday. I wish I had the $ to drop on that right now. I want one.

I figured if I didnt hop on it now I would kick myself when it was double the price and I couldn't afford it

Great idea. I think I would buy one.

The pain came back with a vengeance. I have been in bed all day and now I have a fever. "Ain't nobody got time for this! "

Oh no not again. So sorry for you. Get better!!

BoiB4J6.jpg

Sorry to hear that Morgan. Hope you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back