The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just didn't have it today. I drove a good ways to practice and was rushing through everything and couldn't find a thing that felt good.

Just didn't have it today. I drove a good ways to practice and was rushing through everything and couldn't find a thing that felt good.

That the worst feeling.

Nothing feels right and you feel like you're either rushing through or just hitting balls for the sake of hitting balls. Seemingly no benefit whatsoever.

That stinks Marc. I hope you get some more work in soon.

So you are mortal?

That pretty swing will be just fine, Im sure you will bounce back asap

My friend, you know as well as I do these days happen, and I know exactly what you mean as last week I had one of those "just not comfortable over the ball" days, they come and go.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Small bucket at lunch today, just thinking about posture and setup. I hit some beautiful line drive hybrids... and some terrible fat ones too. I really need some consistency.

Spent some time working 40-60 yard wedge shots. Here's my new 58* after 10 shots, pretty happy with how those went!!

u2asusub.jpg

EDIT: Ugh again with the Tapatalk pic quality :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's a nice wear mark on that wedge dude, well done!!

That the worst feeling.

Nothing feels right and you feel like you're either rushing through or just hitting balls for the sake of hitting balls. Seemingly no benefit whatsoever.

That stinks Marc. I hope you get some more work in soon.

It was disgusting lol, I was getting out of breath almost. It was crazy!

So you are mortal?

That pretty swing will be just fine, Im sure you will bounce back asap

Always mortal lol, just pooped I think. You rock dude!!

My friend, you know as well as I do these days happen, and I know exactly what you mean as last week I had one of those "just not comfortable over the ball" days, they come and go.

They sure do James, but I hate when they show their ugly heads lol, this too shall pass, thanks for the nudge buddy.

First lesson with my new instructor and it was awesome.

Spent an hour working on a few things that are going to make a tremendous difference for me. Being a lefty, she noticed that my left hand was dominating the swing and really controlling everything. It should be my right hand that is pushing and pulling. We went through a couple of drills and she showed me one that I can do in the living room without swinging.

By the end of the lesson my swing was fluid and the ball flight was pheonomenal. Bonus - the swing was slower and the ball was going just as far. A few hit on one off the practice greens on the range and was getting some serious spin.

No rounds this weekend. Going to really spend the weekend working on what she gave me and really integrate this into my swing.

Last edited:

Spent an hour working on a few things that are going to make a tremendous difference for me. Being a lefty, she noticed that my left hand was dominating the swing and really controlling everything. It should be my right hand that is pushing and pulling. We went through a couple of drills and she showed me one that I can do in the living room without swinging.

By the end of the lesson my swing was fluid and the ball flight was pheonomenal. Bonus - the swing was slower and the ball was going just as far. A few hit one of the practice greens on the range and were getting some serious spin.

No rounds this weekend. Going to really spend the weekend working on what she gave me and really integrate this into my swing.

Did you guys work on the 3 wood. Wedge you were using in OC?

Did you guys work on the 3 wood. Wedge you were using in OC?
Spent a good amount of time on the 3 wood and 5 wood. A lot of what we worked on was related to the pop up issue. She also noticed that I was dipping my shoulder and adjusted my set-up. The PW in the 3 wood is gone.

Spent a good amount of time on the 3 wood and 5 wood. A lot of what we worked on was related to the pop up issue. She also noticed that I was dipping my shoulder and adjusted my set-up. The PW in the 3 wood is gone.

Nice. When you hit it, you really mashed that thing. Can't wait to see where this takes your game.

Nice. When you hit it, you really mashed that thing. Can't wait to see where this takes your game.
Thanks dude! I am really excited to see where this takes my game. Might be frustrating for a little bit, but going to be worth it

By the end of the lesson my swing was fluid and the ball flight was pheonomenal. Bonus - the swing was slower and the ball was going just as far. A few hit on one off the practice greens on the range and was getting some serious spin.

Sounds awesome, Aaron, but I think what she was trying to tell you is you're supposed to swing right-handed :)

Just flat out did work today. Worked on a ton of wedge shots trying to get used to a correct posture. I'd say I got it figured out by the end of the day. Started at 8:30, left at 8:30. Humidity kicked into overdrive around 5:30. I rotated through three gloves and a towel trying to keep my hands and grips dry.

Wardyanimal!

Learned a little trick out there. It's called don't suck. I should try it more often, it helps I hear

That's just crazy talk, who woulda ever thought of that???

Way to work Wardy, can't wait to see you very soon my friend!

That's just crazy talk, who woulda ever thought of that???

Way to work Wardy, can't wait to see you very soon my friend!

11 days friend. I still have 4 more lesson days to go. Likely will take out a quarter acre before I'm gone it feels like.

Got to the course tonight early for my league, I chipped and putted for almost an hour.

It really paid off as I was on fire with wedges and flatstick!

Only 14 putts tonight! I can only remember one putt over 15'

I didn't take a putter 3x into greens as they were gimmes!

Hit 2 buckets of ball, overall pretty pleased with the outcome I see a great deal of progress. Also did a quick club evaluation so I can do a club fitting sometime later next week.

I went off early this morning to dew sweep, and my round fell apart so I took the opportunity to drop a few balls each hole and iron it out. Worked on releasing the club down the line with some better results and some different pitch and chips. Also hit a bunch of drivers and stop slicing it, but have gone the other way with a pull draw that borders on a hook. I had fun and hopefully tomorrow I just play golf.

Spent about 2 hours at the range today and hit about 120 balls, working on everything we identified yesterday. Felt a little awkward but I could see progress as I continued to work. Pretty sure it will feel awkward for a little while, but pleased with what I saw.

Just done a little swinging in the yard.
Used my inside approach training aid.

Was swinging with the towel under my arms, because I felt myself getting lazy, and it sure does provide some focus!

Also made about 70-80 swings chipping.

I cant wait to play again!!! Tomorrow no good, maybe Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back