Another musically theme documentary is "20 Feet from Stardom". It gives you insight on being a back up singer.
Will definitely check that out. Finding out that Duane Allman was the guitar player on Wilson Pickett's cover of Hey Jude really connected some crazy dots for me between blues, soul, rock and the most freaky southern rock. Mind blowing.

The first episode of the 90s series seemed to miss the mark for me. Vanilla Ice and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air as features in a series about the last great decade seemed very oxymoronic.

Ive been searching high and low for the Bob Marley docu.

Came out in 2012, title name Marley and would love to find it on DVD/BluRay.

Yah listening to the real guys talk before Band of Brothers episodes. No disrespect to our service members today but they just don't make people like that anymore.

No disrespect to you, but I promise there are people like that serving in the armed forces today.

I don't often watch many sports documentaries, as I prefer to just watch live sports, but I saw "The Road to Pebble Beach" on YouTube the other day with Ray Romano and Kevin James and it had me in stiches. It's worth watching just to see Kevin James' do an impression of Ray Romano, it's uncanny. (15:05 in the video)

Watching Fat Head right now. It is the feature proving Morgan Spurlocks Super size Me was bullsh1t.

The 90s documentary mini series kicks off tonight on NGC. 3 nght event and should be great.
The 80s one was fantastic.
I was just watching the lead up on this. "Was the 90's the Greatest Decade Ever?"
It was pretty sweet remembering all that happened then. Some of which I had forgot about.

I was just watching the lead up on this. "Was the 90's the Greatest Decade Ever?"
It was pretty sweet remembering all that happened then. Some of which I had forgot about.

2 words.... Vanilla Ice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it hadn't been mentioned, my favorite documentary is Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Inspiring story about never accepting that you can't be better than you are today.

Jiro was really good, to me the Japanese mindset when it comes to their devotion to quality in work is fascinating and kind of inspiring. I'm a huge documentary fan, Restrepo and Senna are my personal favorites.

Have any of you seen Narco Cultra? If follows the lifestyle and culture of the cartels and those who live around the violence and the Mexican investigators attempting to stop it. The different perspectives are fascinating.

Huge fan of documentaries. Have been watching the CNN series 'The Sixties' quite a bit, which led me to search some more JFK stuff and came across 'One PM Central Standard Time' which chronicles the event from the news gathering perspective, specifically looking at how CBS and Walter Cronkite came to the decisions to broadcast the information as it was coming in to them.

If it hadn't been mentioned, my favorite documentary is Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Inspiring story about never accepting that you can't be better than you are today.

Thanks for this recommendation. My wife watched it while on her business trip and really liked it.

I watched "The Woman Who Wasn't There" last night. What an enraging movie.

Here is the trailer:

I hate this woman so much.

The sequel is coming out soon I hear.

"The woman who was actually Chris Farley's brother"

I'm a big docu nerd. Here's a list of my favs

red obsession-History of Bordeaux wines and the Chinese obsession with wine

som-Follows the lives of individuals taking the master sommelier test

cocaine cowboys series-Drug trade in Miami in the 70s and 80s

the men who built america- Great review of the lives of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, and ford.

The short game-Follows youngsters in golf tournaments

espn 30 for 30 series-Everything is great

breaking vegas- Series of films that show how individuals took down vegas.

Thanks for this recommendation. My wife watched it while on her business trip and really liked it.
Jiro dreams of sushi is a great documentary, especially if you love sushi.

Jiro dreams of sushi is a great documentary, especially if you love sushi.

One of the best docs I've seen. I can watch this over and over

It will change the way you look at sushi and discipline. Jiro, my great uncles name, is some type of man.
Actually just saw this the other day (not watched but saw of it), now I'll need to watch.

I'm a big docu nerd. Here's a list of my favs

red obsession-History of Bordeaux wines and the Chinese obsession with wine

som-Follows the lives of individuals taking the master sommelier test

cocaine cowboys series-Drug trade in Miami in the 70s and 80s

the men who built america- Great review of the lives of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, and ford.

The short game-Follows youngsters in golf tournaments

espn 30 for 30 series-Everything is great

breaking vegas- Series of films that show how individuals took down vegas.
If you liked cocaine Cowboys, read The Accountant it's by Pablo Escobar's brother and details another side of his life.

American Desperado is another good one on that subject. Book that is.

I can't belive it has not been mentioned yet But Riding Giants it is a amazing look at the history of Surfing

It will change the way you look at sushi and discipline. Jiro, my great uncles name, is some type of man.

I just Googled that movie. It's pretty amazing that there is a restaurant in a subway station that has 3 Michelin stars!

Not exactly a documentary, but the Frontline episode on ISIS was a must watch imo.

Not exactly a documentary, but the Frontline episode on ISIS was a must watch imo.

Awesome. I saw I missed it last night but dvr'd the late showing. Been watching a lot of pbs lately. Shows like this

Back