What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

zooropa

Reaction score
Handicap
The red tees (that is the ladies teees where I live), what would you shoot/what do you think your handicap would be? After getting flamed for suggesting that holly whatever is an average golfer, curious to see what everyone thinks.

-25 if not better. Next stupid question..............

Yeah saffa calm down, don't make us kiwis look like a$$holes! I've played red tee challenge a few times at my course and find it one of the most injoyable ways to play golf. Shooting par or better can sometimes give u a boost. And off the shorter tees it brings your short game into play a lot more.

My bad, my mouth, so to speak outraces my brain from time to time.

Have played off red and got PB. That being said, those red are longer than white tees on one course I play and longer than gold (senior) on another course I play. Since I'm getting on up there, 68, I play senior tees a lot of the time.

Your man-card....right through the middle.

My home course no longer has "ladies" "senior" or "mens" tees. All tees are recommended by handicap (See Tee It Forward). All official events are still played from a single set of tees based on age groups, but for everyday play, one can play any from any length they like. Handicap scores are simply entered from the correct tee and the system does the adjustments. Our cards now have a check box for the tee you played so the course knows what tee to enter when entering scores.

As far as playing from the forward most tees, I have not done it myself, but I just might one of these days, to change things up. I doubt it would have a big impact on my overall score as it still all comes down to chipping and putting.

Agree. Harsh.....

There is no such thing as a stupid question at THP.
Very true but based on the response there are a few ridiculous answers.

Wow, a few unexpected responses but it is what it is.

I think I would shoot in the upper 70s, maybe 3-4 strokes lower than normal. Nothing extreme IMO.

Most likely 10-15 shots more than from the mens tee. At least that is what has always happened before.

The last two times I played from the ladies were around 88.

I don't putt any better from the ladies tee than I do from the mens. Short game doesn't improve either. More hazards in play for long game is possible though.

Maybe a couple of strokes better......Maybe not though. Even though I'm a short hitter, my problems don't result from distance off the tee, but rather the distance between my ears.

JM

Probably a few strokes better. I think from the ladies tees you would find yourself in awkward distances to greens and out of position to attack greens.

Depends on how my putting is that day, have played the ladies tees before it's a lot of fun,

Wow, a few unexpected responses but it is what it is.

I think I would shoot in the upper 70s, maybe 3-4 strokes lower than normal. Nothing extreme IMO.

Most likely 10-15 shots more than from the mens tee. At least that is what has always happened before.

The last two times I played from the ladies were around 88.

I don't putt any better from the ladies tee than I do from the mens. Short game doesn't improve either. More hazards in play for long game is possible though.

I could see this going either of these ways. In theory it would leave me shorter irons into most greens, but still have to make some putts, and this also might put me at some awkward distances. Yesterday one of the red tees was at like 80 something yards to a par 3, and that would have been harder than the "men's" tees.

I would say maybe about 5 strokes better or so. Might even have a chance to break par

I played them one time last year when the course was very wet. I didn't score any better. I had to leave the driver in the bag for most holes as every hazard was within reach. And like stated above putting doesn't change.

I can't imagine much would change for me. I'd just be hooking balls into the woods up closer to the green off the tee. Distance of the hole is not my problem.

I've done it 3 times in my life. I did it once this season. It was the most fun I've had playing 18. It is really good short game practice. It's also a good way to make a well known course different.

Also, I don't think Holly plays from only reds.

Not sure but I do know my wife would still beat me like a red headed step child. :beat-up:

Hmmm....on my local course I might shoot as much as 8-10 strokes less.
I just might have to try it sometime.

Ive never tried it as an adult. But I would guess the difference would be minimal. When I was a kid that's where I played from starting out.

What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

For me I would say I would be 4-5 strokes better. I'm really comfortable with short irons and wedges from strange distances (50-105 yards). Keeping it in play off the tee would be key and no matter what tees you play from you need to putt well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For me I would say I would be 4-5 strokes better. I'm really comfortable with short irons and wedges from strange distances (50-105 yards). Keeping or on play off the tee would be key and no mater what tees you play from you need to putt well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QFT. I was really impressed with your wedge play at Cranwell.

Back