mmmm. Love me some deep dish. Hard to find real good deep dish around here, but I like it all, nonetheless.

Have you tried that one on a previous visit?

Not 100% to be honest. We have ordered from a place just a few miles out of the gate left on the left.

Will know when I drive by it in 12 days.

I haven't had any in years, and as terrible as it is I think Uno's may be the best I've had in a true deep dish. Sicilian wise when I was a kid we had a place called Mama Lucia in Riverdale MD and it's still the best I've had.

Dominos.....

I keed, I keed

I enjoy deep dish, but it never feels like pizza when I'm eating it with a knife and a fork. But if it's tasty, I don't care how I have to eat it.

Chicago Pizza in Surfside Beach, SC. They make some awesome wings also. It is my one must eat at place every time we visit the Grand Strand.
Heck yeah! Spending a couple days in Surfside with the family; gonna have to try this place tonight.

Heck yeah! Spending a couple days in Surfside with the family; gonna have to try this place tonight.
It is a small family owned and operated place but we always loved everything we have eaten there. Enjoy!

Chicago deep dish, be it Lou's or Geno's. Both are equally amazing but different. If youve never had Chicago deep dish, youve never had deep dish.

The Tower of Pizza at Sicilian Joe's in Schererville, IN. Not really deep dish, but it has pasta (spaghetti or mostaccioli) on it.

I haven't had any in years, and as terrible as it is I think Uno's may be the best I've had in a true deep dish. Sicilian wise when I was a kid we had a place called Mama Lucia in Riverdale MD and it's still the best I've had.

Love Mama Lucia's. They closed the one closest to us in Columbia. But there's one not to far from work.

Also Uno's is very good, chain or not.

I will be seeing you shortly.

I will be seeing you shortly.

JB,
Since you're in chicago, and quite possibly craving pizza, skip the tourist traps and head over to Paizano's on Madison st. It's in the loop. Owned by Rudy Malnati (sound familiar?) You will not be disappointed.

JB,
Since you're in chicago, and quite possibly craving pizza, skip the tourist traps and head over to Paizano's on Madison st. It's in the loop. Owned by Rudy Malnati (sound familiar?) You will not be disappointed.

He's actually about 45 minutes outside of downtown Chicago.

8 days until some deep dish goodness with THPrs and our friends from Cobra. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long you in Chicago for JB?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Im sure we have other pizza threads for all types, but this one is for the specific deep dish styles. I am equal opportunity on pizza and love some good deep dish. Some great places all over the country.

Favorite Deep Dish?

Is there really any true deep dish pizza outside of Chicago ?? i have seen attempts at it around home but regretfully they dont come close to the real thing ...

Is there really any true deep dish pizza outside of Chicago ?? i have seen attempts at it around home but regretfully they dont come close to the real thing ...

Is this a rhetorical question?

Of course there is real deep dish pizza outside of Chicago.

Detroit deep dish is 100000000x better than Chicago pizza. Jet's, Buddy's, and a million other small joints.

Detroit deep dish is 100000000x better than Chicago pizza. Jet's, Buddy's, and a million other small joints.

I disagree wholeheartedly.
Chicago is the only TRUE deep dish, I don't consider Jets, or Buddy's to even make a deep dish pizza....

I disagree wholeheartedly.
Chicago is the only TRUE deep dish, I don't consider Jets, or Buddy's to even make a deep dish pizza....

Disagree. Chicago is a bunch of stuff piled on average crust with average sauce. Chicagoans have taken me to all the "best" places and I'm continuously disappointed. Then again, they think their hot dogs are the best, too.

Jets?
WHoa, if that is considered top notch, then the water in Flint is like Evian. :D

Pequod's...I don't live in Chicago but I've traveled constantly for the past 15 years and that is my favorite. I've had Lou's, Gino's, etc and that's the one for me.

Jets?
WHoa, if that is considered top notch, then the water in Flint is like Evian. :D
Haha that was my first thought too, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt that they were WAY different up there. If not then... No

Buddy's is my favorite by far. Chicago style could probably have its own thread.

6 days..... might go on a diet this week so I'm extra hungry next Friday.

Back