Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Driver Review

For those that have not been able to try this driver yet, I urge you to in a very serious way.

I will have some more thoughts later today but I will tell you right now that this thing is an absolute beast. For the first time in a long time I truly have no desire to really try anything else, this is that good.

For those that have not been able to try this driver yet, I urge you to in a very serious way.

I will have some more thoughts later today but I will tell you right now that this thing is an absolute beast. For the first time in a long time I truly have no desire to really try anything else, this is that good.

Wows. That says something right there.

Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Driver Review

Nothing short of amazing what he did today with this

Let us know what your settings were. I use the 7 gram weight and jacked the loft up to 11.5 degrees yesterday at the range. I was really surprised with the results.

Let us know what your settings were. I use the 7 gram weight and jacked the loft up to 11.5 degrees yesterday at the range. I was really surprised with the results.

Middle weight and 8.5 or 9.5 IIRC were what he had it on.

Just like I said in the review, it may not be the longest, but it wants to be in play. Hell of a face on this one. It was a blast to watch him.

Jman is correct, it was the middle weight (whatever that is - James already had it in there) and the loft at 8.5*.

I was 10/12 FW's with this today. The 2 misses were: 1) first swing when I pured it up the middle of the FW and failed to carry a center of FW bunker that required 240 to carry and 2) long par 5 into the wind where I got it high on the face and it came down 3 yards off FW on right side but still completely playable without issues.

One word descriptor? STRAIGHT

My misses throughout the day (especially early) were low heel and I was seeing a ball that still found the FW but I would consider a low ball flight but DEAD straight.

After 4 or 5 swings, I finally started getting a bit further from the ball at address. I think part of the issue is that my other drivers have been cut down around 1 inch shorter compared to this. After the adjustment, I started finding the center of the face.

Is the driver loud? Yes
Do I care? Hell no

The course played today was a new one for me and had some tight fairways, especially over the last 3 holes where I just picked a line and the ball did not move. As straight as straight gets is what this thing showed me.

I also told Jman that I think the face is hot. Loud yes....but the ball jumps off the face. I won't get into numbers but I hit one today that went a solid 30 yards further than I'm accustomed to.

I won't be playing this again until after the Morgan Cup 2 weeks from now.....but I'm damn excited about the possibilities. It's only been 1 round but this is the best driver I've swung from a "complete" package and what I need.

This is with the stock Aldila RIP Phenom 50 stiff shaft. More to come in a few weeks....

He's being modest, he almost drove a damn par 4.

He's being modest, he almost drove a damn par 4.

A short par 4...just 330.

But ya, I caught that one pure. :)

Um, yeah.

It wants to keep the ball in play, more than a ton of drivers I've hit. I'll give you the weight kit in Myrtle.

That was a great drive. You were playing that driver better than I have ever seen you play one before. Straight, and with distance. It was fun to see.

Love reading this. Thanks for posting it cookie. Loving what I'm seeing from Wilson lately and especially their drivers

Good stuff #Cookie. Sounds like I need to find one if these and give it a whack.

Impressive #Cookie!

Great thoughts, sounds like it's a winner!

wow cookie.... You're a monster. Haha

LOL, well played.

But seriously....I'm not a long knocker by ANY stretch of the imagination, I just happened to put an aggressive move on the ball on this hole and caught the sweet spot perfectly. Probably carried 245 or so then ran out a good bit on a firm fairway.

Doesn't this one play to a longer length, like 46" or something? I know you've previously cut down your driver shafts.m and 8.5 vs higher lofts. No challenges with either of those things, Cookie?

Man, as if I wasnt excited about the Wilson event enough as it was. More positive feedback from their existing line is awesome to hear

This must be destiny.

I played a round yesterday with a guy who had this driver and hybrid and was just killing it.

Glad to hear it worked so well for you Cookie.

I can't wait for October!

Doesn't this one play to a longer length, like 46" or something? I know you've previously cut down your driver shafts.m and 8.5 vs higher lofts. No challenges with either of those things, Cookie?

I believe it does and I was missing heel low until I got a bit further away from the ball. After 1 round, I think the 8.5 and stock length is ideal for me, sweet spot is hot and I think the forgiveness off of heel and how straight is goes has me not concerned with the longer length.

Sounds like a good combo of archer and arrow.That just raises the excitement for the folks going to the Wilson Innovation Center in the fall.After Streelmans birdie run a couple of weeks ago it seems that W/S like to make clubs that go straight.

Were the results positive? Did not know from your comments

Cookies experience should really amp up those who are in the Wilson event!

LOL, well played.

But seriously....I'm not a long knocker by ANY stretch of the imagination, I just happened to put an aggressive move on the ball on this hole and caught the sweet spot perfectly. Probably carried 245 or so then ran out a good bit on a firm fairway.

Its like I told you before you hit it, it wants to go straight. Just looking at the misses on the face and then where the ball ended up early showed just that, it WANTS to keep the ball in play. Plus, you don't mind the aluminum sound, its an awesome match IMO, and was a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

45.75 is the stock length.

Its like I told you before you hit it, it wants to go straight. Just looking at the misses on the face and then where the ball ended up early showed just that, it WANTS to keep the ball in play. Plus, you don't mind the aluminum sound, its an awesome match IMO, and was a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

45.75 is the stock length.

Was it always that straight? Or did something magical happen when some idiot dropped it on the cart path before ever swinging it? :beat-up:

I've never picked fairways apart like I did yesterday with that thing...especially on the back when I started finding the center of the face. Amazing what hitting fairways can do....7/7 FW led to 8/9 GIR's....man that was fun.

Damn cart paths!

Back