PRO V1X fans may want to try...

zeroputt

Reaction score
Handicap
12.6 GHIN
...the TaylorMade <TOUR PREFERRED X>.

I play a lot, and I find a lot of balls (without really looking for them), so I get to try a lot of different balls. If I had to pick a favorite, I’d say Titleist PRO V1X… until today. I found a TaylorMade <TOUR PREFERRED X> and put it in play. Wow! Same feel, but longer than the PRO V1X by at least a half a club, stops on a dime, and great trajectory: a straight-line boring climb (no ballooning) and a steep drop, Winds today were 22 mph with gusts of 26 mph, and this ball just didn’t seem to be affected. Maybe not quite as durable as the PRO V1X. Anyone else try this ball?

Yes I have. I liked it much better than any pro-v1x I have ever used.

Funny, One of the bagroom guys told me the same thing yesterday

Would the normal Tour Preferred ball be comparable to the ProV1?

Absolutely.
Actually found one of them the other day, may have to put it in play this week. Been using ProV1's and Hex Chrome's lately, love both of them. Love the distance and spin tho of the ProV1's.

Been playing the Tour Preferred X for about a month now and I love them! I've never been a fan of V1X as I never seemed to get the distance out of them. But, these TM are my favorite this year along with the new B330. TPX is absolutely worth a head-to-head try vs current gamers. Can even be found for $35/dozen online- NEW, not eBay.

I have a trial pack i will put them in play this weekend.

Love them. I was a big fan of the Lethal (other than the stupid name). Just ran through the last of the Lethals and started gaming the TPX and they are even smoother than the Lethals. More carry and they still feel soft.

The tour preferred X is a great ball! I have gamed them a couple times and most definitely performs on all phases of the game

Justin Rose using this ball? I must try it!

I played the tp3 when it came out, very impressed. These are in my radar to try as well.

I found one on the range the other week, just waiting to put it in play, but it's hard to argue playing prov1x's when I get a bunch of them for free.

I really like the TPx. Still a bit pricey, but it is a good ball. Won't knock the XV out of my rotation, but it is solid nonetheless.

I'm a big fan of them as well. They perform very well in windy conditions and just seem to hold their lines a bit better than their previous models.

I'm intrigued now. I was fit for these at the Taylormade Lab and ordered a box with my new CB irons. Hopefully the clubs and balls will be here sooner than later. I have a scramble tournament Saturday, but don't expect them to be here by then - but I'll cross my fingers.

I ordered 4 dozen at the beginning of the season (buy 3 get one free) and I like them better than prov1 around greens and overall short game but I didn't find them to be that great for me off the tees distance wise. That was early in the season though. Things with my swing have improved so I may have to put them in play again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the TM PREFERRED X! I liked the Lethal but the new ball is longer, softer and way more durable. I'm not one to stock up on balls but I have a couple dozen of these in my cupboard. Probably the best thing about this ball is how it handles the wind, into it and playing with strong crosswinds I have yet to have one balloon on me.

How do the TPXs compare to the TM Pentas?

I really like ti prefer it to Prov1x seems softer and better in the wind

Actually played one of these yesterday. Nothing really stuck out to me about it. Urethane ball that did what they do and felt a little firmish on full shots.

Actually played one of these yesterday. Nothing really stuck out to me about it. Urethane ball that did what they do and felt a little firmish on full shots.

But the TPX says Taylormade on it. So it matches my driver and makes me feel like I'm in a commercial.

It does look nice Blugold. It was fine for sure. Would like to try the non-X.

Back