2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody take fish oil regularly? Supposedly helps with soreness and inflammation?

2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Anybody take fish oil regularly? Supposedly helps with soreness and inflammation?

I did for a while as part of my nutrition program I did, but didn't really notice any difference. I decided to just make sue I are more fish. Especially salmon, which isn't a favorite.

Got some new jeans today. First pair since I started try to get a little healthier. Went from a size 40 waist down to 34.

Got some new jeans today. First pair since I started try to get a little healthier. Went from a size 40 waist down to 34.

Amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to got Eric!!

I always use the same belt, I bought it like 10 years ago...see that buckle? That's where I had it when I bought the belt.

Change has been slow, but worth it.

kuva.jpg

Great job guys, that's really great for you and inspiring to the rest of us.

A free option is myfitnesspal.com - they have an app as well.
That is a real good app. Has almost every food on it. Plus you can add foods if they are not listed

Solid! That's gotta feel good dude.

Looking at my stronglifts history, I am amazed at the progression with this program.

I did some reading on that Joe and will be giving it a shot probably starting in August or Sept. If you're happy I suspect I'll be satisfied.

Here was my workout tonight. Just getting started and trying to work on technique. Knocked out knee lifts and Russian twists with a medicine ball before getting 30 minutes of cardio in on the elliptical.

ygana5a7.jpg

I finally made it back to the gym tonight, it's been a long time because of my new commute. I did 15 min of elliptical, a quick 3 exercise tri workout, & ran a 13:19 mile (ugh!). Felt good to do something though!

I was in no mood to do any stretching or pilates this morning, after sleeping for maybe 2 hours last night with all the rain & storms we had. I decided to do a 10 minute stretching workout on demand, and ended up feeling good after that so I did another 10 minute workout. I'm glad I did it.

I've noticed while working on my golf stance that I have a lot of tension in my legs. Lately I've been hitting it fat and when checking some vid my knees have been REALLY far forward, like over my toes. So I'm trying to not be so low to the ground, and when I get in what I think is a proper stance, I really feel the tension in my calves, which makes sense because I'm still not able to really do a lot of straight leg stuff when doing the pilates.

This morning was one of those days I realIzed I was in need of a day off - between range time, the gym, and two walking rounds this weekend, and getting beat up during a massage, I think I had given myself a bit of a beating for a week. Went to the 6am class at the gym and felt like I couldn't do anything. Worked on some stretches and core work, and will be back at it tomorrow.

Disregard the sleep and steps as I did not have it on recently. But I moved into the 170s.

bu2uve2u.jpg

Disregard the sleep and steps as I did not have it on recently. But I moved into the 170s.

bu2uve2u.jpg

Congrats JB!!!!

Sorry I haven't made it here much lately. Golf and vacations have been taking up much of my time. Post Morgan Cup, I will be in here almost daily with thoughts and updates. Keep up the good work all!

Sorry I haven't made it here much lately. Golf and vacations have been taking up much of my time. Post Morgan Cup, I will be in here almost daily with thoughts and updates. Keep up the good work all!

Get some Tim!

Stronglifts again tonight. This program allows me to say something awesome.

Everyday is leg day.

Get some Tim!

Stronglifts again tonight. This program allows me to say something awesome.

Everyday is leg day.

My upper body is some kind of sore today. Squats aren't as bad as they were. You can tell this system works

bu2uve2u.jpg

What devices are you using? The withings app looks great from what I've seen.

My upper body is some kind of sore today. Squats aren't as bad as they were. You can tell this system works

It is a wonderful structure. The app makes it idiot proof. I'm a fan.

What devices are you using? The withings app looks great from what I've seen.

Use the Withings Pulse o2 watch and the Withings Wireless Scale. Absolutely LOVE both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back