Leading edge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you read the paragraph in its entirety instead of the first sentence then maybe a little comprehension might kick in. Maybe.

Dude seriously? Someone asked a simple question based on a topic that you created. Perhaps they wanted some clarification. Perhaps it did not make sense to them. The condscending nature is getting old and while that may fly in some circles, it does not here on THP.

If you read the paragraph in its entirety instead of the first sentence then maybe a little comprehension might kick in. Maybe.

I read your entire post, still makes no sense to me. You go on to describe turf interaction, which has nothing to do with striking the ball in my opinion.

Whatever though, it seems you'd rather try to insult my reading capabilities than answer a simple question. Have a nice day.

interesting comments all around...I prefer a little pre worn edge and I am a sweeper with a very small divot. For some reason the straight edge seems to get stuck....could be all mental, who knows!

I love the leading edge on the Apex Pro.

I have a chop swing chip I use near the green sometimes when the lie is thick or the ball is above my feet. I don't know if a sharp leading edge would work for this.

I read your entire post, still makes no sense to me. You go on to describe turf interaction, which has nothing to do with striking the ball in my opinion.

Whatever though, it seems you'd rather try to insult my reading capabilities than answer a simple question. Have a nice day.
Your freakin question was answered in the remainder of the paragraph braintrust. Wow

Leading edge

Your freakin question was answered in the remainder of the paragraph braintrust. Wow

Fwiw. Turf interaction should have 0 impact on the quality of contact.

My question is, if the contact is pure does the shape of the divot really matter.

Wow....you know what, I'm done with you. There is no need for your responses to an honest question.

Wow....you know what, I'm done with you. There is no need for your responses to an honest question.
I normally don't respond to stupid questions but gave you the benefit of the doubt. Blugold is a lost cause. Ask me wise questions not stupid questions when the answer is staring you in the face right there in black and white. Read and then put the context of the first sentence in the paragraph together with how the rest is written and you would've understood what I meant in the first place you troll. Now go stroke yourself because it's pretty clear you can't stroke a golf ball or read and comprehend basic English. Your question was a troll question. You know it, I know it, blugold knows it and the mods know it.

That is enough.

So incredibly out of line.

Seriously! How much longer is he gonna be allowed to troll and add nothing useful to the board?

Personal attacks are not welcome here and will not be tolerated. Enough is enough and it will not continue.

Fwiw. Turf interaction should have 0 impact on the quality of contact.

My question is, if the contact is pure does the shape of the divot really matter.

I can see a few things from the divot. OTT creeping back in, misaligned at address, balance issue...and so many wonderful faults. Kind of like Palm reading, but nothing to do with the actual strike. Unless of course I fatter the heck out if it...that's something else all together.

Enough is enough. Hammer down.

I can see a few things from the divot. OTT creeping back in, misaligned at address, balance issue...and so many wonderful faults. Kind of like Palm reading, but nothing to do with the actual strike. Unless of course I fatter the heck out if it...that's something else all together.

Oh sure. That's one thing. I mean that I don't care if the grass flies up as a nice dollar sized clump or as a million little pieces.

Oh sure. That's one thing. I mean that I don't care if the grass flies up as a nice dollar sized clump or as a million little pieces.

Me neither. I'm just happy if grass comes up is after the ball. After that, the grass can turn into a unicorn riding a rainbow down the fairway.

Well glad to see that is over. Like others mentioned, I'm just happy to get any kind of consistent divot haha

I will say that when the divot is a nice dollar size, it's a lot easier to pick up and replace than when the divot is in a bunch of little pieces. Although, sometimes it's fun trying to put the divot puzzle back together, haha.

Quality of turf has a lot to due with that as well. Bent fairways, you get those cool looking pelts that can be replaced. Bermuda, they explode 500 difference directions and there's no use. The pelt won't reattach, even if it stayed intact by luck. Time to throw sand over it.

I have honestly never really thought much about this or even really looked at the leading edge all that much.

I prefer a rounded leading edge with minimal bounce in my irons? Why? No idea other than it works better for me.

Back