The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

While the news of this being the final MC is sad, there has been so much excitement and happiness this event has brought to the forum both in the event and watching from afar. The event may end, but the memories will not. Josh and Morgan will never settle for anything less than what was there before, so 2015 and even 2016 will likely have events that will leave the forum in awe.

To the 39.5 other MC'ers (Petey only has half his working arms and all) let's embrace this moment. Never ever take for granted the position we have been so fortunate to be in. Come Sunday afternoon, no matter the scores, we're all winners.

Now let's go out there and rock the hell out of this event like the champions we are.

Yep, so this pretty much says it all!

I feel six feet tall.

JM

I am saddened that it is the "End of an Era", and truly humbled that I'm so blessed to be a part of the last Morgan Cup, an event that I had never allowed myself to dream about being a part of. But, I have learned in my nearly four years of being a member here that innovation and creativity will continue at THP and bigger and better experiences are surely coming to replace it. I lamented the passing of the Ultimate Outing and Demo Day, but, one just has to look at the 2014 Events Calendar to see that some incredible events were created, a bunch of them, that made us look forward even more to new and exciting experiences. I will cherish the memories of this "journey", and after next week, THE MORGAN CUP itself. I knew going in that it was my one and only shot, even it did continue. But, I'm looking forward excitedly to what 2015 will bring.

Thank you Morgan and Josh for continuing to create, innovate and LEAD this wonderful ship towards its destiny.

While the news of this being the final MC is sad, there has been so much excitement and happiness this event has brought to the forum both in the event and watching from afar. The event may end, but the memories will not. Josh and Morgan will never settle for anything less than what was there before, so 2015 and even 2016 will likely have events that will leave the forum in awe.

To the 39.5 other MC'ers (Petey only has half his working arms and all) let's embrace this moment. Never ever take for granted the position we have been so fortunate to be in. Come Sunday afternoon, no matter the scores, we're all winners.

Now let's go out there and rock the hell out of this event like the champions we are.

THP is the real winner here. As a whole we got to see a new event that can never be outdone. Sure sadness prevails but the bolded above says it all. The memories will last forever and I'm excited to see what the future holds for this beautiful place.

We're now officially one week out for many of us who have practice rounds scheduled on Wednesday. This time next week, I'll be transferring planes and getting ready to meet fupresti and Nebgolfer at the airport, then straight to True Blue for an afternoon round.

A week from today I should be waking up in a hotel in Rockingham, NC and be getting around ready to make the last couple of hours drive to Pawley's Island. Really pumped to see everyone again!

On a plane 1 week from this moment bound for Myrtle Beach? Yes sirree!

Thought this week would drag but that's just not the case. Leaving next week and knowing this event will soon be a memory hasn't hit me yet but I'm ready to stick a tee in the ground and commence this event, the wait is almost over boys and girls.

And.....I'm ready to be an effin rock star!

Same here too Cookie! One week from today my practice round at TB gets underway.

JM

As we get closer, memories from last year keep rushing back. So much happened that must have been suppressed. Looking forward to making more. One week and on my way.

Its crazy to think I have but 3 practice sessions left and a quick round and then no more thinking, no more grinding on the range.... It will simply be GO TIME!

A week from today I'll be playing a round with 3 MCers. Talk about excited. Actually this will be my third round while in MB.

Its crazy to think I have but 3 practice sessions left and a quick round and then no more thinking, no more grinding on the range.... It will simply be GO TIME!

When you put it like that....WOW!

Can't wait for next Wednesday night when I get into town.

Sitting here watching The Open and a blue collar worker named John Singleton approaches the first tee. Appears cool, calm, and collected...until his name is announced.

While next week isn't the British Open, it's THE MORGAN CUP and I can only imagine the nerves that will come seamlessly flooding in when you hear your name called. Get ready!!!

Sitting here watching The Open and a blue collar worker named John Singleton approaches the first tee. Appears cool, calm, and collected...until his name is announced.

While next week isn't the British Open, it's THE MORGAN CUP and I can only imagine the nerves that will come seamlessly flooding in when you hear your name called. Get ready!!!

Gonna be great watching everyone take those first shots off the tee. Memorable to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, it finally happened. I had the dream last night. It covered both Saturday rounds.

And......168 hours from now Team THP will be teeing off on True Blue.

So, it finally happened. I had the dream last night. It covered both Saturday rounds.

And......168 hours from now Team THP will be teeing off on True Blue.

Did you wake up happy...?

That's only 10,080 minutes too!!!

I can't wait!

Team practice round at Caledonia today........ One week from now.

Time is flying faster than I thought it would. Work being extremely busy is helping I guess.

JM

Ok boys, this is when the time seems to fly by. Start savoring every moment because you will blink and it will be over. It feels like we were just 55 days away. Some will start traveling in a few days (travel safe Castor) practice rounds will have been played this time next week.

8 months coming to a head on the fairways of True Blue and Caledonia. Hold on tight the fun is getting ready to happen.

Ok boys, this is when the time seems to fly by. Start savoring every moment because you will blink and it will be over. It feels like we were just 55 days away. Some will start traveling in a few days (travel safe Castor) practice rounds will have been played this time next week.

8 months coming to a head on the fairways of True Blue and Caledonia. Hold on tight the fun is getting ready to happen.

No kidding. I get home Sunday, pack and leave Monday. No time to blink.

Team practice round at Caledonia today........ One week from now.

Time is flying faster than I thought it would. Work being extremely busy is helping I guess.

JM

Can't wait, dude. Great course, awesome teammates, Morgan Cup strategy will be discussed, fun will be had.

so true, this week has flown by already. Just a few days and I will be boarding the flight to MB.

Just got home late last night from Vacation and this is right on my mind. I will be flying out Monday to meet Mojo to drive in with him. I had a layover in Charlotte yesterday and it was hard to leave.

This has been an amazing experience so far I am trying to take in as many moments as I can. I cant wait to meet my team and get to tee it up with a bunch of amazing THPers. My life is forever changed for the better because of this experience. I cannot thank THP, the volunteers and Callaway golf enough for this experience and we havent even started yet.

So was thinking about this on my flight home.....What has been the best part of your journey to date? What moments stand out?......

For me first was the idea I would wear a dress to get into this. Second was asking my wife to put the makeup on me so I could lol....I went back and watched my reaction video so I could remember how excited I felt in that instant. Getting to see who I my capt and asst capt are and getting to know the rest of the my team. Nate doing an amazing introduction video.

The cool amazing surprises Callaway has sent us and teased us with. Getting to go to the Annika Academy with Panda there filming it for me. Callaway opening up their entire catalog to us.

Taking lessons and getting better. Shooting my first round in the 70s and being able to duplicate it. These are just a few of the things that stand out to me so far. The best part is we have THP and its all documented. And to think we have no idea what is coming next week...................

Pretty easy strategy to remember for our team Jeff/John:

Doug and I have a strategy as well.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/vjNLsXwU790[/youtube]

Can't wait to tee it up with you guys. This is going to be fun.

Back