The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golfing with a THPer tomorrow morning!!
(a little too early, and too much of a drive but...)
Cant wait!

Annual golf trip draft today, along with the pairings set up. I cannot wait for the trip.

I'm working from home today.

this is awesome, I work from home every thursday and I love it, my most productive day of the week by far!

this is awesome, I work from home every thursday and I love it, my most productive day of the week by far!

Tell me about it. I wish I did it more often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Charlotte Jo Miles.

baby name?

I like it. She will be insanely cute, hard headed, and full of fluff.

Such a great name, James.

I like that name Jman, congrats again

Charlotte Jo Miles.

Awesome!! Love the name and I can see that name on the LPGA leaderboard in 15-20 years! :)

Nope, Charlie.

We have a friend whose children are named Charli and Lenni. Both girls. Very unique names.

I didn't know whether to put this in here or the Rant thread, because it's mixed with good and bad. But ultimately it belongs here.

Good news: Saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and got cleared to resume normal activities.

Bad news: I'll still have great amount of pain and limited movement due to the ongoing issue with my left knee, the cartilage is basically gone.

Bad news: While there he wanted to see current X-Rays of both knees to see where we are. The right knee (previously my good knee) is worst than the left one now. it basically is bone on bone all the way around. Not surprising as the pain in it has increased exponentially the past two months.

Good news: He approved me for the Knee Replacement surgery as soon as I'm ready. We talked about doing both knees at the same time. Pro's and Con's. Ultimately for me 80% pros.

Good news: When going over the recovery timeline, it is much shorter than I expected. He said in 3 to 4 weeks, I could be chipping and putting (I asked for all timelines to relate to work and golf..ha) In 6 to 8 weeks, I could resume full swings and playing. AS well as most other normal activities. That is a much quicker timeframe than I had originally planned on.

So with all that said, I have to pick a date. I have to make sure I pick a time that my Fiance will be free to help during the first two weeks of recovery, mostly the second week from what I undeerstand. I'll be in the hospital for about 4 to 5 days. then home doing in home PT for the next 10 days or so. I can resume driving after about 10 14 days from date of surgery.

So of course this is waiting until after the Bridgestone Championship. But I was thinking if I get it done early October, that 8 weeks puts me right in early December. Granddaddy 2 time frame. I didn't enter the first contest as I suspected I'd be recovering for 3 months or so. But now I'm thinking I might be able to play.

But in all honesty, thats too big of an event with too many plans that need to be made on both ends, to assume a recovery will go smoothly and on time. So I'll probably still pass on entering. I wouldn't want to throw any more wrinkles at JB and GG than I did for OC.

Well sorry for the long post, but wanted to share the good news that now that I began the process again, with a new Dr. relief is in site.!! I had originally had it planned in January with another Dr. but found this one in the interim. And it appears his credentials and success rate are among the very best in the DC area.

He is a former Military Dr. who worked with many wounded soldiers at Walter Reed that had lost limbs or had them severely damaged. So this old knee should be a piece of cake for him.

I didn't know whether to put this in here or the Rant thread, because it's mixed with good and bad. But ultimately it belongs here.

Good news: Saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and got cleared to resume normal activities.

Bad news: I'll still have great amount of pain and limited movement due to the ongoing issue with my left knee, the cartilage is basically gone.

Bad news: While there he wanted to see current X-Rays of both knees to see where we are. The right knee (previously my good knee) is worst than the left one now. it basically is bone on bone all the way around. Not surprising as the pain in it has increased exponentially the past two months.

Good news: He approved me for the Knee Replacement surgery as soon as I'm ready. We talked about doing both knees at the same time. Pro's and Con's. Ultimately for me 80% pros.

Good news: When going over the recovery timeline, it is much shorter than I expected. He said in 3 to 4 weeks, I could be chipping and putting (I asked for all timelines to relate to work and golf..ha) In 6 to 8 weeks, I could resume full swings and playing. AS well as most other normal activities. That is a much quicker timeframe than I had originally planned on.

So with all that said, I have to pick a date. I have to make sure I pick a time that my Fiance will be free to help during the first two weeks of recovery, mostly the second week from what I undeerstand. I'll be in the hospital for about 4 to 5 days. then home doing in home PT for the next 10 days or so. I can resume driving after about 10 14 days from date of surgery.

So of course this is waiting until after the Bridgestone Championship. But I was thinking if I get it done early October, that 8 weeks puts me right in early December. Granddaddy 2 time frame. I didn't enter the first contest as I suspected I'd be recovering for 3 months or so. But now I'm thinking I might be able to play.

But in all honesty, thats too big of an event with too many plans that need to be made on both ends, to assume a recovery will go smoothly and on time. So I'll probably still pass on entering. I wouldn't want to throw any more wrinkles at JB and GG than I did for OC.

Well sorry for the long post, but wanted to share the good news that now that I began the process again, with a new Dr. relief is in site.!! I had originally had it planned in January with another Dr. but found this one in the interim. And it appears his credentials and success rate are among the very best in the DC area.

He is a former Military Dr. who worked with many wounded soldiers at Walter Reed that had lost limbs or had them severely damaged. So this old knee should be a piece of cake for him.

this is huge! I mean it is awesome news, only two months and you will most likely be as good as new? clearly worth it! golf is fun and stuff, but living without pain!? I can't even imagine how great it must feel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back