Mizuno H5 Irons Preview

I would be interested in seeing some of the ball flights with that 1-iron.

Mizuno is getting into home defense as well, you buy a set of H5s, and they give you the home defense 1 iron to lay next to your bed.

These look awesome. Would love to see a 1-P set hit the market

They look good to me. I wonder if they'll be as easy to hit as the h4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't this their driving iron like everyone comes out with around British Open time?

No. Mizuno tends to release their new irons late summer fall. This is a replacement for the H4. MP15 looks to be replacing the MP59. 64s are up next.

No. Mizuno tends to release their new irons late summer fall. This is a replacement for the H4. MP15 looks to be replacing the MP59. 64s are up next.
Don't forget the 3-4 other sets that will come out from the jpx line.

I'm not sure I'd get used to having '2' or '1' in my bag haha! Seems like forever since I last saw a 3 iron let alone a 2, but I love the look.

As previously stated, Mizuno makes a beautiful iron.

I'm not sure I'd get used to having '2' or '1' in my bag haha! Seems like forever since I last saw a 3 iron let alone a 2, but I love the look.

As previously stated, Mizuno makes a beautiful iron.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Wait.....there was no challenge there.

Yeah.....a 1 or 2 iron would just add strokes to my game. I would make every effort to hit those clubs when there is clearly no need to.

And you are correct sir. Mizuno does make a beautiful iron....and an expensive one too. But that's never stopped me before :act-up:

Those look pretty good. I like the overall look of my old MP-33's better, but I bet those are way easier to hit!

Don't forget the 3-4 other sets that will come out from the jpx line.

Good point. The EZ and EZ forged just came out last year, right? So we might be spared a second release of Japanese Pings. But the 825s are due for a change too. Mizuno is launching everything at the Open this week. I saw the new driver as well as their new wedges are being put into play.

I like the looks, but I like the looks of most Mizzies. Just wish I would hit them well, because that never seems to happen when I demo.

Good point. The EZ and EZ forged just came out last year, right? So we might be spared a second release of Japanese Pings. But the 825s are due for a change too. Mizuno is launching everything at the Open this week. I saw the new driver as well as their new wedges are being put into play.

Pretty sure there is already a thread up on the driver somewhere on THP.
Im glad that a company can release 10 items without the backlash that other companies get.

Sharp looking sticks, for sure.

Sign me up, a 1 and a 2 please!!

I definitely like these better than the H4s. The cavity "sticker" seemed sort of cheap. The one thing that I wonder about is sales. I have never encountered someone playing the H4s - hope the 5s do better.

They smell buttery. Look gorgeous. Well done Mizuno.

Im glad that a company can release 10 items without the backlash that other companies get.

HAHAAHAHA. Nearly spit up my water. Suck on that, haters.

Seeing the 1 and 2 iron is awesome. They have no business in my bag but they're fun to see

I was going to say in my last post that, "Crazy! Mizuno does in one month what TMaG does over a year and doesn't get burned at the stake."

I wonder why that is though (no one saying anything)? Is it a marketing thing? It's not like Mizuno throws "BIGGER! FASTER! BALLZIER!" in your face. Maybe that feeds into the backlash that some of these companies get? I'm not being sarcastic for once either.

Mizuno kind of reminds me of Tim Duncan. He's really good, doesn't say much, and people who like him REEEAAALLLY like him. All of these clubs really just kind of appeared on my radar. I had no idea that Mizuno was even doing anything until I saw it on THP this morning.

But, haters gonna hate. I think it's a great time to be a golfer with the variety we have to choose from. It wasn't too long ago when our choices were pretty limited. and I'm talking 25 years ago....which doesn't seem that long ago to me.

Edit: Think I have an idea for a thread......

So pretty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 and 2 irons? Really? Has to be for the pros. Nice looking sticks though.

I am curious to hear more about the H-5's and the JPX-850's as my JPX-800's are getting on in age.

I know the satin/chrome combo is meant to make golfers drool...but in this case I'm not really a fan of the design. I'd have to see what they look like at address, but the topline looks pretty thick, and the back looks...bulbous, IMO. I imagine their utility irons, so their design will differ from the rest of the set, but I wouldn't game something that looked like that.

I await the hate.

mizuno sure makes some good looking irons..... they do look a lot like the J40s but shinier

Nice looking indeed. I'll keep an eye out for what comes down the line.

I love my H4 long irons, these will definitely get a swing!

Back