I really hope one of the stores I visit today carries Grill Dome, but it does not appear that way. Their Infinity line is impressive. Their warranty is really impressive including lifetime on ceramics like KJ and BGE and a full 5 years on Gasket, which I have rarely seen done. Its a cheap fix, but most I have seen need replacing every 2 years (Its only $20 and as easy as putting on a sticker).

screen_shot_2014-06-06_at_10.14.54_am.png

Question for any of the northerners that have one of these. Is there any special preparations for getting it through the winter months here in upstate NY or is just a good cover enough?

I really want one of these, but I also don't want to have to break my back moving it around 3 times a year.

Question for any of the northerners that have one of these. Is there any special preparations for getting it through the winter months here in upstate NY or is just a good cover enough?

I really want one of these, but I also don't want to have to break my back moving it around 3 times a year.

Definitely get one on wheels. The "nest" or cart should be very movable. Using them in cold temps can offer no issues, but ceramics could crack in colder temps (full replaceable under warranty of course).

I have used mine when it was 10 degrees outside, never had an issue. Unless you are doing an outdoor kitchen with a dedicated space, a nest or cart is a must, when I said it takes 2 guys to move these things I was not kidding!!!

Definitely get one on wheels. The "nest" or cart should be very movable. Using them in cold temps can offer no issues, but ceramics could crack in colder temps (full replaceable under warranty of course).

I have done the gaskets on mine once, its not a big job, but getting all old adhesive off can be a pain in the azz. you do need to use a scraper. you want ALL the old adhesive off before installing new gaskets.

I really hope one of the stores I visit today carries Grill Dome, but it does not appear that way. Their Infinity line is impressive. Their warranty is really impressive including lifetime on ceramics like KJ and BGE and a full 5 years on Gasket, which I have rarely seen done. Its a cheap fix, but most I have seen need replacing every 2 years (Its only $20 and as easy as putting on a sticker).

screen_shot_2014-06-06_at_10.14.54_am.png

You will not regret it, but don't wait a few years, be a rebel and get one now :p

Dang it why did I come I here. Haha.

I think in a few years when I put in a built in grill at the new house I will go with a Kamado style grill so I can do everything in one machine.

You will not regret it, but don't wait a few years, be a rebel and get one now :p

I want to. But I am not sure the wife would be happy about it. Haha

I have what I need to get me by for now but it will be nice to have one grill to do it all, and do it all really well.

Greg, I will make a small wager with you (you name the stakes) that once your wife ate food off it, she would love it as much as you.

My ex wife hates my guts (imagine that lol) but she will still text me and ask her if I will grill a steak on the BGE for her. That has to say something

I want to. But I am not sure the wife would be happy about it. Haha

I have what I need to get me by for now but it will be nice to have one grill to do it all, and do it all really well.

Greg, I will make a small wager with you (you name the stakes) that once your wife ate food off it, she would love it as much as you.

My ex wife hates my guts (imagine that lol) but she will still text me and ask her if I will grill a steak on the BGE for her. That has to say something

Interesting point. I don't know anyone with one so I guess I will just have to buy one and show her. Haha

Seriously though, I might have to do some research now. I do love cooking with charcoal and smoking though. We are looking to get a new grill anyway. Damn you Shane for talking too much sense.

I've got a Char-Grill Akorn Kamado Cooker... got it from The Home Depot for a tad over $350. It's triple insulated steel construction, can handle low temps and high temps about 600 or so or maybe higher... I haven't tested the high temp portion. The gaskets seal very well so that when the vents are closed, the fire dies within 15 minutes.

I got an additional 18" grate to put right above the firebox and put a pizza stone on that as a flame diffuser. To give an idea of the size of the cooking grate, just the other day I cooked 8 Bubba Burgers, 12 Ball Park Angus hot dogs, 5 russet potatoes, some chicken tenders, 5 Johnsonville Brats, and several skewers of shrimp. There was enough space for the burgers, dogs, brats, and taters on the grate and I also used the 2nd level rack it comes with. The shrimp skewers were added after everything else was almost done because they would cook so fast. It smokes pretty well also. I've done a brikset, rump roast, couple of pork loins, and beer can chicken. I love this thing.

The grill holds its temp pretty well with very very very minor adjustments of the vents... but if you let the temp get too high, it can get away from you... at least it has in my experience. I'll start something smoking like a pork loin or something and keep the temp at right around 200 degrees or so. If I'm not watching it closely, it can climb and get out of hand. Not like it goes from 200 degrees to 550 in a few minutes but it does need to be checked occasionally. I've got a Remington temp gauge I use that shows the grate temp and the food temp. It's nice to have.

It also needs a cover. The top vent will allow water in when it rains.

Interesting point. I don't know anyone with one so I guess I will just have to buy one and show her. Haha

Seriously though, I might have to do some research now. I do love cooking with charcoal and smoking though. We are looking to get a new grill anyway. Damn you Shane for talking too much sense.
On occasion (not to often) I do make sense lol.

Here is a simple solution, plan a branson vacation with your wife and then you both can come over to my house for dinner and she will want a BGE, the BGE turned me into a good cook :)

9utyda4y.jpg

7e4ymu3y.jpg

uza4ynu6.jpg

Hello Kamado Joe.

On occasion (not to often) I do make sense lol.

Here is a simple solution, plan a branson vacation with your wife and then you both can come over to my house for dinner and she will want a BGE, the BGE turned me into a good cook :)

With as many people you are inviting over for dinner we may as well just have an outing. Haha

I did take to the wife a little today, she didn't say no, just no right now. With a new house this year, it's looking like next year or the year after I will own one of these grills.

Friday our Joe will arrive and we are excited.

I bet man, I've wanted one for a while just never pulled the trigger.

I bet man, I've wanted one for a while just never pulled the trigger.
It was a gift from GG for something. Bless her heart. This bad boy is going to get a big workout before we leave on Sunday.

It was a gift from GG for something. Bless her heart. This bad boy is going to get a big workout before we leave on Sunday.

For "something", haha.

Did you go with a nest or the table? That table looked nice but I bet it is expensive.
Congrats on the purchase, you are going to love it

I've had one for a few years. Smoked a turkey that I brined overnight for Thanksgiving last year...was so good. GL, things are pretty easy to use.

th_englandergrill.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

th_brisket.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have a Englander pellet grill/smoker and a cookshack smoker that ive had for 10 yrs, i really like them both, the englander does a great brisket

Attachments

• brisket.jpg
    brisket.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did you go with a nest or the table? That table looked nice but I bet it is expensive.
Congrats on the purchase, you are going to love it
Went nest as it comes with the kamado Joe line. Can add table after the fact if we decide. Also comes with deflector, ash tray and tool, multiple racks, grill gripper and more.

Pretty freaking cool JB, I figured it wouldn't be long for you to grab one, i honestly can't wait to see all the pic's you two will put up from it.

And then to visit.

And eat deliciously.

Went nest as it comes with the kamado Joe line. Can add table after the fact if we decide. Also comes with deflector, ash tray and tool, multiple racks, grill gripper and more.

It was a great deal. Sadly, he has to wait until Friday to play with his new toy. He is like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Makes me so happy!

It was a great deal. Sadly, he has to wait until Friday to play with his new toy. He is like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Makes me so happy!
Get the recipes ready. I expect fresh cobbler soon.

Back