Wilson Staff Proto Utility Iron

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wilson Staff has this in play this week at the Open.

Bsv_pA4CYAELXsU.jpg

The only thing that interests me about that thing is "V4". Hope it's a sign of some new sexy irons coming.

Shiny! Gotta love utility iron week aka Open Championship week haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

That looks very nice. Always love how clean their irons look. If I had the game for them, I would have those FG Tour 100s.

• Admin
The only thing that interests me about that thing is "V4". Hope it's a sign of some new sexy irons coming.

Something tells me in a couple of months, 9 THPers are going to get a very behind the scenes tour of a few things.

Something tells me in a couple of months, 9 THPers are going to get a very behind the scenes tour of a few things.

Yes yes.

Very pretty. It looks a touch more forgiving than some of the other driving irons on the market.

I think Wilson's FG line is consistently at the top of the list looks wise. This one is no different.

This is probably the best looking utility iron I've seen so far! To top it off V4 means new sexy irons are coming.

Ohhh I hat to say it but I hope I get off the wait list for this.

Like the sleek chrome look

Very good looking Utility club. I like the fact that it doesnt have that real bulky look that most others have had

Stop the insanity! I could never game this, but it looks beauteous.

FG Tour v4, yes please!

That looks pretty sharp. I'm sure I couldn't hit it, but still very sharp looking.

Very nice looking
The Open seems to make driving iron appear from everywhere

Hmmm V4 from Wilson. They really seem to be stepping up the game recently.

Interesting and nice looking club. Any idea of how many are carrying this (or something similar) instead of a hybrid, for example?

Interesting and nice looking club. Any idea of how many are carrying this (or something similar) instead of a hybrid, for example?

I wont know until about tuesday. But my guess is hybrids are still very much in play.

I love the looks of this. I wish I had the game to play one of these beauts.

I was thinking the same thing!

Agreed, that is the first thing I noticed.

Hopefully this is the cosmetic of the next v4 irons. It looks pretty good. Wilson has stepped up their look but that is the price of entry against so many strong club brands.I can only think of about four or five Wilson Staff players who are in the Open field. To create a driving iron for such a small number of players is a commitment on their part. I assume it is hard to make money on such specialized clubs.

Definitely not the best looking driving iron so far.

Definitely not the best looking driving iron so far.

I actually find it more appealing than the ones I can think of offhand (X-Proto, Titleist). Different strokes, I guess.
I don't have the swing (and probably speed) to use one of these on a regular basis, but if I was going to have one for tee balls on windy days, this could well be it.

Back