2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids and I have been lovin watching the action this morning, now they both want to go to UK!

Anybody else kinda feel like the US Open and The Open courses flip flopped conditions? This year the US Open was a brownish looking course, and Hoylake is looking like a nice plush US Open course.

I thought the same thing. During the coverage they showed video from the last time The Open was played there and it was brown/dead looking....this time it looks green and lush.

My fantasy team: Fowler, Bjorn, Todd, Z. Johnson, Jimenez, Kaymer, Blixt, Casey, Adam Scott, Stenson

The kids and I have been lovin watching the action this morning, now they both want to go to UK!

Just remind them it isn't alwAys that green & sunny. :)

Els off to a rough start

Since my cast comes off at 11:50 today, I've decided to bail on work this morning to watch. Happy to see Woods and Rory throw up good numbers. Interested to see if scores, and weather remain the same throughout the day.

Els seems really rattled from hitting the fan with his tee shot on 1.

Rickie had a good showing this morning too. I feel like he's riding under the radar in the majors this season but continues to be up there

Rickie had a good showing this morning too. I feel like he's riding under the radar in the majors this season but continues to be up there

It is easier to fly under radar, when you have never reached radar height to begin with. :D

It is easier to fly under radar, when you have never reached radar height to begin with. :D
Lol true. I think he'll break through eventually, maybe, perhaps, kinda hahaha

I had to go to work so now I can't watch. I will have to get my updates from my THP brothers.

Phil hits it stiff.

Kaymer appeared to have his left leg appeared inside that bush, which is interesting because that was a gorse bush. Gorse are thick and heavily thorned, typically you don't even want to put your hand in one to pick up a ball. Those things are nasty.

WTF is he doing
This was the first green...and hitting a patron with his tee shot, who ended up bleeding form the mouth and needing medical treatment. To me, it just looked like it spooked him. He went on to bogey 2 as well.

WTF is he doing

That one that he putted left handed with the back of his putter doesn't count. He would have made it if he tried

-vanity handicapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back