The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Doug and I have a strategy as well.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/vjNLsXwU790[/youtube]

Can't wait to tee it up with you guys. This is going to be fun.
With Doug on your team I can definitely see that happening! Now we just need to just find a way to control his calfs during the round.

With Doug on your team I can definitely see that happening! Now we just need to just find a way to control his calfs during the round.

If you ain't first your last!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

One week from tomorrow boys. ONE week.

I have three more practice rounds scheduled up here. Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. The feeling is here.

Looks like I'll be able to get a range session and two 9 hole rounds in before I head down.

What has been the best part of your journey to date? What moments stand out?

I think this is a fun question because we are all so excited and looking forward that it is important to look back and be appreciative of the moments that got us here.

For the specific moments:
1) I will never forget waking up one morning, having gone to bed early the night before, and finding a PM asking me to be a Morgan Cup captain. There aren't many things that shake me, but this was something I was never expecting, and absolutely stunned me.
2) Getting to call Jeff Spicoli out of the blue and ask him if he would be my Assistant Captain. I haven't been that nervous on the phone in some time.
3) The drama, the happiness, and the disappointment of the long selection process.
4) Picking the guys that would become Team Hackers, and pressing send on a long PM that had been written for several weeks to welcome them to the team. (I would rank this one as the best up until this point).
5) Getting fit for my awesome sponsor Callaway at the Annika Academy was an absolute dream come true.
6) Taking my first lesson with this new instructor and understanding how bad my lessons had been previously.

I wouldn't change any one of the days that had lead us to this point, and I have been trying to enjoy each one knowing that I would never again get an opportunity to lead a team in an event like this.

I think this is a fun question because we are all so excited and looking forward that it is important to look back and be appreciative of the moments that got us here.

For the specific moments:
1) I will never forget waking up one morning, having gone to bed early the night before, and finding a PM asking me to be a Morgan Cup captain. There aren't many things that shake me, but this was something I was never expecting, and absolutely stunned me.
2) Getting to call Jeff Spicoli out of the blue and ask him if he would be my Assistant Captain. I haven't been that nervous on the phone in some time.
3) The drama, the happiness, and the disappointment of the long selection process.
4) Picking the guys that would become Team Hackers, and pressing send on a long PM that had been written for several weeks to welcome them to the team. (I would rank this one as the best up until this point).
5) Getting fit for my awesome sponsor Callaway at the Annika Academy was an absolute dream come true.
6) Taking my first lesson with this new instructor and understanding how bad my lessons had been previously.

I wouldn't change any one of the days that had lead us to this point, and I have been trying to enjoy each one knowing that I would never again get an opportunity to lead a team in an event like this.
Love it Donne. I remember talking to other THP'ers and asking about this Donne character and what he was all about after the teams came out. Each person to a man said I was lucky to be on your team and had only good things to say about you. I knew I was where I needed to be.

The time is almost upon us. Get those last practice rounds in because next weekend I expect every single one of you guys to leave it all out on the course. Going to be my distinct pleasure to watch it all unfold.

Well a very nice range of 2-12" of rain across DFW has cancelled today's practice round so it's appearing that Saturday AM will likely be my last round prior to Wednesday's round with 3 of the MC volunteers.

I've struggled a bit over the last 4 months with my game....committed to some lessons and that caused a bit of inconsistency in my game. Somehow, I discovered something last weekend with Jman in town and I'm hoping to carry that forward into next week.

I'm not sweating it too much though as I love both MC courses and for some reason my game just seems to always peak in Pawley's Island.

JB's post in the Cobra thread got me pretty jacked for next Friday. I'm ready for Saturday morning to roll around.....the early morning range session just has a magical feeling to it as you hit balls and get a feel for how things are working that day.

Then we head over to the tee box and names start getting called.

Most everyone is cool and calm....then your name is called. Still good.....then the tee goes into the ground.....then it's all of a sudden hard to balance the ball on the tee. You stand up.....wait a minute.....why is my stomach doing that? Am I taking too long? Focus.....don't stand over the ball too long. Swing....make contact. Relief.....it may have went 120 yards and beheaded 48 worms or 275 blasted down the middle. The cheers are there regardless.

It's on.

As we lead towards the final week before the final Morgan Cup, I have to say I am getting a bit emotional as we finish the planning. The remainder of this week will be rather frantic for GG and myself as we put together some bags, go through every single piece of equipment that has arrived to inspect and of course begin our journey to Myrtle Beach, only to do all of this again upon arrival.

There are highs and lows in everybody's life and this event brings out both. For me personally there are certain things that just take me back to why it was created. Whether that be the company interaction (and more coming) during one of golf's largest stages or hearing the excitement in their voices, it makes me glad that we were able to host this wonderful competition and complete journey.

I've written enough long and sappy posts for you to realize right now that this one is not ending. In fact to further move on that thought, in some ways the Morgan Cup is not ending. While it is true that this is the final event, we have some major plans in store for our wonderful community about the future. Each of the past 6 years has shown such a tremendous amount of growth, enjoyment, disappointment, satisfaction and it all mimics the highs and lows that life gives to us with each step. There will always be valleys and peaks, and in a week, you will see a peak that few can say they have been a part of and then the curtain will be closed and the chapter will end.

The ending of the chapter, will absolutely open up a new chapter as we have done each and every year on THP. What started out as a single event and then the addition of this incredible journey, has moved towards near 15 events with each special in their own way. The term #FranchiseRewritten was born because we believe we have changed the playbook in how communities interact and how THP will continue to evolve moving forward. That campaign will continue next year along with a few others including, but not limited to #OutingApproved.

We are proud of what we have moved towards and are even more proud of the 40 participants for gritting out the journey known as #THPMC not knowing anything that awaits them. Gritting it out with format changes including when as a tour player, their staff equipment and accessories are given to them. And of course gritted out amidst the turmoil that always comes out behind the scenes by some during this event. When push comes to shove, you 40 are amazing and nobody will ever be able to take this away from you.

In just a week, each of you will have a jolt of electricity hit you that you have never felt before. Gone are the days of media day and mundane interviews and from the ground a phoenix rises full of fun and excitement. The day of spending 20 minutes with your staff sponsor member died last year and in its place the birth of a special number of hours, where you are their clay to mold. There are so many exciting things that await you, but the one constant is the competition to win the Cup and call yourself a champion.

Next week there will be a lot of smiles. There will be a lot of nerves. And most importantly there will be a lot of fun. As we close this chapter of THP and put it into the record books, just remember this was all done for you. Everything you are about to witness is done because we think the world of the people here and believe they deserve the best that can be offered. Nothing will stop the creative process and thank you for your continuing support of myself, my wife and the people that make this place what it is.

You are about to become an icon and a rock star, so take a deep breath, take it all in and enjoy the ride. This is the Gawd Damn Morgan Cup...THE ULTIMATE GOLF EVENT PERIOD!!!!

I saw Phoenix rises and got excited.

I truly cannot wait. It's almost here.

This is like the Energizer Bunny... The excitement just keeps going and going and going and we dont even know what all is in store once this starts on Friday.

So freakin excited!

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

If you can't see the goosebumps your blind. I literally had to leave the Recovery Room to finish reading.

I'm ready to head to Myrtle Beach now!

Edit: no need for my goosebumps picture.

Oh.

I'm okay with this. All of it.

Really ready to get down to MB and do some work.

Sorry for. The picture of my arm. #stillmindblown

I know there is a whole week to go, but I've enjoyed this whole process, first as a hopeful contestant, then as an observer watching the teams be formed and most recently living the journey with you, through each of your guys words.

I can't wait to follow along next week, I know some coverage is limited and won't be seen until the event is completed, but what nuggets we do get during the week, I will enjoy hearing about.

Lastly, I can't wait to see and hear about what not replaces the Morgan Cup, but what may rise from it's ashes. But the time for that will come soon enough.

For now you Rock Stars have one week till the curtain goes up. Live every moment of it.

5 days before I head out! Just amazing feeling that this event is finally here and all that we have worked toward will be culminated in one special weekend! Excited is a definite understatement!

Rock Stars......I like the sound that makes.

The Morgan Cup is here.

Wow after reading that I can not wait till I hit the road tuesday for my Journey to #THPMC. It's going to be a blast that we will never forget and we all will cherish every moment of it. Can't wait to be with everyone down there!!!! And THANK YOU TO JB,MORGAN and All the AWESOME SPONSORS!!!!

Wow if I wasnt excited enough already

Long couple of days of work, and reading this just gave me all my energy back. This is going to be an absolutely incredible experience. Probably more so than I'm even expecting.

Back