Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drained what was about a 25 footer for par. Had a terrible drive, punched out into the fairway, mediocre full wedge shot into the green then drained the bomb for par. This hole pretty much summed up my day but that was the longest putt I made.

20 yards off the right side of a green. Stupid golfing buddy parks his cart in front of the tree between me and the green, which has a pin tucked tight on that side, dang short sided. Pull out the trusty MD2 T Grind and I execute the perfect flop shot, lands a couple inches from the hole and releases to 3 feet. Easy birdie!

Par 3 with a back pin. Hit the front center leaving a long up hill putt. My mind set was "get it there." I didn't think it'd move much so aimed center and dropped it! Paced it off after the fact and it was roughly 50 feet!

So, after hitting my first drive OB on par 5 #10, playing match play against two guys, I stripe a drive about 270, then 3w to 6 feet and drain the putt for par. Push the hole. Won the match 2&1 for #dos practice!

Played from the reds today and had 248 around a small dogleg right. Hit my 3w and ended up on the back of the green after rolling out for a chance at a 25ft eagle.

Last hole of the day 7 iron into a wind at 157 yards stuck it to 3 feet and birdied.

I struggled on the par three's today but on one of them I hit my tee shot into the hazard took my drop and proceeded to drain my pitch for an unlikely par.

Downhill lie, 70 yards to a green sloping off in all directions and surrounded by a bunker. Took my 54 and opened the face and stuck it to a couple feet. It felt great.

3/4 56* wedge from 85 yards, one hop and stop 2 feet from the pin.

145 par 3 3rd, made the birdie.

8una6asy.jpg

How about a 50 putt to save par. I won't talk about why/how I ended up that far away to begin with.

Two 4 irons on each 9 from the right trees. Had to hit low draws that found the surface both times

180 yd punch shot through the trees to 15 ft on the green. Two putted for par.

Some tremendous shots today, great job everyone!

My best shot was actually 3. I had to win #18 to not lose a pile of money in my match and delivered big time. I was last to play and both of my opponents hit poor drives and gave me an opening and I piped my drive. By the time it was my turn to hit my approach, it was known that a par would win the hole for me. Had 145yds uphill and into the wind to a tight, back pin. I told myself to relax and put a good swing on it and that's exactly what I did. Hit my 8i to 12ft then calmly rolled in the birdie putt to finish the job. To deliver under the gun like that was huge for me. #GauntletPrep

After a not-so-great round of iron shots, finally got one flush and stuck an 8-iron about six feet away and made the putt.

2 down,2 to play against skibumgolfer and army golf. Needing to hit my approach close, with my ball over the green and severe sloped green away from me. The area I needed to land it in was around 2-4 foot circle. Clipped perfect with the open lob wedge, tons of spin. It felt perfect off the face. I get over the mound, to find the ball 4 feet away. Made the putt to half the hole. Lost the match but overall a great time in the most severe weather.

Had a couple of pretty good ones but a 20* hybrid off the tee on a dog leg left. Great flight & drew around the corner just like I planned. 325 yard long hole & after rollout, left with just over 100 yards in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two shots stood out today - one was a 35 putt from the wrong tiered of a tiered green, with the hole right after the upslope. I didn't sink it, but gauged the speed perfectly, and left myself a tap in par. The second was my drive on 18 - right down the middle, and GPS'd it at 256, which is a bomb for me - I'm usually 230 or so.

For me it was just one solid hole.

Blasted a drive straight into the wind that missed the fairway but put me 88 yards out.
Hit a full wedge to about 20' which may not sound that impressive but in the wind we were playing in it was a miracle.
Drained the 20' uphill, crosswind putt for birdie and a win on the hole.

For me it was just one solid hole.

Blasted a drive straight into the wind that missed the fairway but put me 88 yards out.
Hit a full wedge to about 20' which may not sound that impressive but in the wind we were playing in it was a miracle.
Drained the 20' uphill, crosswind putt for birdie and a win on the hole.

That putt was ridiculous brutha. First two shots were great, but nobody expected you to bury that one.

For me it's gotta be a bunker shot from probably 10 feet below the green and 30 yards away that I hit just perfect and settled to a couple feet, then made the putt to save par and win the hole for the "bad guys".

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

240 yard hybrid to pin high, about 7 feet away for eagle. Unfortunately it was a huge slicer and I missed the putt but tap in birds are always nice.

Driving was hot today... drove 2 278 yard greens. Unfortunately, my putting sucked. Birdied one and bogied one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back