The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

I don't know all the details politically but from a talent standpoint wouldn't Ireland have a better team?

Not really suprised he played for Ireland in Jr tounaments plus most northern irish have been on the republics team for a while

I don't know all the details politically but from a talent standpoint wouldn't Ireland have a better team?

Possibly, though think it's pretty close.

This dude is clearly an internet golfer - 436 yards? Psssh. Oh wait...

Hey McIlory...

Hey McIlory...

Don't forget the fans!

Just finished watching the British Open coverage and saw young McIIory brazenly walk past 2 young lads (7-10 year olds) asking for autograph after his round. Maybe you have been hanging around Tiger too much. Maybe my expectations of you are too unrealistic.... How much time and effort does it take to sign a couple of autographs from your fans?

Don't forget the fans!

Just finished watching the British Open coverage and saw young McIIory brazenly walk past 2 young lads (7-10 year olds) asking for autograph after his round. Maybe you have been hanging around Tiger too much. Maybe my expectations of you are too unrealistic.... How much time and effort does it take to sign a couple of autographs from your fans?

If it's the part I saw, he was on his way to sign his scorecard. Pretty standard to wait until everything is taken care of before you sign autographs.

He was heading to sign his card and then almost always comes back out to sign for the fans as soon as the interview is over.

And he hits 8 iron 191. He can do what he wants, lol

He was heading to sign his card and then almost always comes back out to sign for the fans as soon as the interview is over.

That's good to know that he doesn't hate old people, children and dogs.

And he hits 8 iron 191. He can do what he wants, lol

Most internet golfers can do that too! lol

BUT...back to the OP. Like others have said, finish the round (sign card and in the clubhouse) then have some fun with the fans.

That's good to know that he doesn't hate old people, children and dogs.
And even if he does, he'll still sign their hats/shirts/collars.

I'm sure it happens. Even if he sees the children or doesn't he can do what he wants. Sure I'd sign an autograph if it were me but oh well if he doesn't.

Little premature to be getting on Rory. He has to sign his scorecard and do interviews. He is always good about the fans so I'm sure he will go back out and sign some autographs and take pictures.

Little premature to be getting on Rory. He has to sign his scorecard and do interviews. He is always good about the fans so I'm sure he will go back out and sign some autographs and take pictures.

Sorry. Sure sounds like a whole bunch of excuses to me. Takes 5 secs to scribble up a signature of the 2 young tykes and make their day. Instead they didn't even get an acknowledgement and be walks by them like they were not even there.

If my kids were ever in a position like that, I'd be pretty disappointed in them...

Sorry. Sure sounds like a whole bunch of excuses to me. Takes 5 secs to scribble up a signature of the 2 young tykes and make their day. Instead they didn't even get an acknowledgement and be walks by them like they were not even there...

Brother even the nicest guys on tour do this before signing their card. Then the good ones come back out and sign. Rory did that very thing today.

Sorry. Sure sounds like a whole bunch of excuses to me. Takes 5 secs to scribble up a signature of the 2 young tykes and make their day. Instead they didn't even get an acknowledgement and be walks by them like they were not even there.

If my kids were ever in a position like that, I'd be pretty disappointed in them...

Did you see what Rory did when he signed his card and finished his interviews?

The tour directs these guys and the fans to pre-determined autograph areas. Most of them stay a good bit and sign autographs. These areas are setup just for that reason. Until that score card is signed, Rory is still in play and no autographs are given out. No an excuse, a rule.
Sorry. Sure sounds like a whole bunch of excuses to me. Takes 5 secs to scribble up a signature of the 2 young tykes and make their day. Instead they didn't even get an acknowledgement and be walks by them like they were not even there...

So it truly seems like he is playing a different course than everyone else. Unreal right now.

He is such a joy to watch when he's firing on all cylinders.

It's crazy dude. Partly because he is NOT a physical specimen. He's 5'7' and 160 soaking wet. At least Tiger is about 6'2 or so. I just amazes me to watch him be dwarfed by the gallery folk haha

It's crazy dude. Partly because he is NOT a physical specimen. He's 5'7' and 160 soaking wet. At least Tiger is about 6'2 or so. I just amazes me to watch him be dwarfed by the gallery folk haha

Seeing him in person though, he is cut up... And I would guess he's closer to 5'9"

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Predictions for the weekend? Do you think he will put it out of reach tomorrow, around even, or back up? He seems to be in the unstoppable mode--someone else will have to catch him to have a chance is my thought.

Back