LPGA & Symetra Tour Thread

was catching up on some golf programming on my dvr and saw a bit on inbee park. I have to say, from 100 yards in, there's no one on tour (men included) who's game I'd rather have than Park's. Amazing short game.

Bumpity!
Just saw that there are four back-to-back Symetra stops in FLA from March to May. You guys down there think about checking it out? I know some of you may be jaded by the big leagues and all, but there's some talent there and hardly a crowd, usually. They'll be in Sarasota April 25th @ Sara Bay. $10 entry. Big Breakers on the list.

Geez. $10 is nothing. Very cool.

I'm pondering going to one of their events. Will just depend on scheduling. For 10 bucks it's tough to not

I thought I saw where Emily Talley finished 2nd or 3rd on the last Symetra event. The recent Big Breakers have some game for sure. Seems like putting & mental game is the weakness for most (more often than not)

Next week is the Symetra tour stop in Albany. I plan on taking my nieces.

Those are great events. When they played in Maryland for a few years, we played in the Pro-am. The girls were not only terrific players but very good ambassadors for women's golf.

Very friendly and approachable.

Your post made me go to the web site and I just saw that Mallory B. won a tournament. I didn't even see that, previously. Also, the Junior Pressel won the next week.
Looks like over a dozen solid Big Breakers in the field, too.

I thought it would be awesome for them to be at a golf event where the golfers are approachable.

I thought it would be awesome for them to be at a golf event where the golfers are approachable.

They will love it.

The then Futures Tour played at my then home course for 5 years. Members got a rather reasonable discount on the pro-am. A couple of the ladies that were my teammates made it to the show, but they didn't last. Unfortunately, it also reminds me of one of the tragedies of the Tour. On Monday and Tuesday, some of the ladies played practice rounds with the members to gain some local knowledge, so to speak. I had the pleasure to play a practice round with a beautiful (physically and personally) young lady named Erika Blasberg. She was just a doll baby. A couple of years afterwards, I was saddened to learn the she committed suicide. When I heard, I was in total shock, I just do not understand why such a beautiful, talented, sweet young lady would do such a thing.

The rise of the Korean players is often discussed. Based in my rather limited 5 year sample, I got some idea why. After the practice rounds during the day, the American ladies were in the 19th hole have a good time,(which frankly, I didn't mind). The Korean ladies were on the practice range or back at the hotel.

nerfny

Going to the event is definitely a great idea. You might also look into being a cart driver. When the Futures tour was in my area, they had volunteers drive carts to carry the bags for the ladies that did not have caddies. I'm not sure if they do this now, since the LPGA bought the Tour. Maybe your nieces could ride with you, or drive carts depending on their ages. They also asked for people to provide housing for some of the players. If you have the room, your nieces could spend time with a player.

Our good friend Kris Tamulis poured in a 64 today and is headed towards the final round tomorrow tied for 8th.

Been traveling hte last two days and could not comment on this. Nice Sunday 68 for Kris and she finished in the top 10 (7th).

Been traveling hte last two days and could not comment on this. Nice Sunday 68 for Kris and she finished in the top 10 (7th).

That is a HUGE week for her, very cool to see.

Does the LPGA also do the top 10 gets you into next week? I honestly can't remember

nerfny

Going to the event is definitely a great idea. You might also look into being a cart driver. When the Futures tour was in my area, they had volunteers drive carts to carry the bags for the ladies that did not have caddies. I'm not sure if they do this now, since the LPGA bought the Tour. Maybe your nieces could ride with you, or drive carts depending on their ages. They also asked for people to provide housing for some of the players. If you have the room, your nieces could spend time with a player.
I'll have to check into being a cart driver. As far as housing a player I don't even want to live in our apartment half the time. Smallest bathroom ever!!!

I'll have to check into being a cart driver. As far as housing a player I don't even want to live in our apartment half the time. Smallest bathroom ever!!!

I did cart driver a few years ago and I believe they now have new rules that require the players to have a caddie, carry, or use a cart. I think they still have cart drivers, but now they carry the extra stuff.

I did cart driver a few years ago and I believe they now have new rules that require the players to have a caddie, carry, or use a cart. I think they still have cart drivers, but now they carry the extra stuff.
When we went to this last year there was a cart to drive the players and their caddies between some of the holes that are set very far apart.

When we went to this last year there was a cart to drive the players and their caddies between some of the holes that are set very far apart.
Checked on the website for the tournament near me. I was right, rule change in 2012:

The Symetra Tour has changed rules regarding carts. Players are now required to carry their clubs or get a caddie. Therefore, golf cars will no longer be used for club carrying. Carts are still needed for other items and to assist with unofficial scoring, etc. As a result, the cart driving and real-time scoring committees are combined into one; each golf car driver will also be required to serve as a a real-time scorer.

Had an awesome day with my nieces today!!
mesavuba.jpg
6enu4a9e.jpg
ryjapede.jpg
evazahyd.jpg

The golfers were amazing with them!!

Glad they enjoyed it Nerfny

Kris Tamulis birdies first hole in 4th round!!!
Solo 3rd place!

Kris Tamulis birdies first hole in 4th round!!!
Solo 3rd place!

Yeah, I have the tab open too. She is hitting the ball really well.

Back